Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread March 31-April 6 >

Motivational Thread March 31-April 6

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread March 31-April 6

Old 04-03-2014, 06:39 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, I am glad you were able to adapt one of my recipes and that you liked it! I can't stand processed cooked spinach, but I like fresh spinach both raw and cooked. Glad your granddaughter liked it too.

I am in my calorie range today, but it was all complete crap. And I feel miserable and depressed. Hoping it's just PMS and will pass. I am definitely an emotional eater. I just didn't feel at all like making anything decent for myself. Too much stressful stuff going on, and when that happens the "me thing" gets pushed to the back burner. I'm a worrier.

We'll see what the scale says tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too mean to me. lol
Old 04-04-2014, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

Bought lots of veggies yesterday (my Mom never seems to get enough).
Although cleaning kitchen wasn't on personal goal list counters are cleaning off (FINALLY) and will be wiped and floor mopped this afternoon. That time of year when I could wash the floor everyday from dirt/mud outside!

Jenn
Old 04-04-2014, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

I hear you Jenn. I have two dogs that go outside and bring the mud in. I try to catch them at the door but I am not the only one that brings them back in.
Spring has sprung and we are getting April showers. Yay. Today is going well.
I had oatmeal and berries for breakfast and grapefruit juice yum. Have a great day all.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

A good day. I ate within range--40 carbs per meal average. I had a salad with a wrap for lunch and we had spaghetti with lots of veggies for supper so I'm probably up to 5 veggies. I got in my exercise with cleaning and step routine on Wii in the afternoon plus up and down stairs about 6 times. And I have been sipping water all day so will easily get up to 6.

Jenn
Old 04-04-2014, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

Not doing well. But despite my difficult month and addiction to soda I have still managed to lose 8 lbs in the past 4 weeks. I am proud of that.

DH took me to lunch today. It wasn't very good and that was disappointing. We tried a new place. The small Caesar salad was good and the 2 1/2 rolls I ate were good. The onion petals (fried food!) were good but too salty. I'm sure I'll have a lot of sodium water retention. I only took 2 bites of my steak and sent it back. It was soooo tough and chewy I could barely get my knife and teeth through it. But I was stuffed with what I had eaten anyways so I didn't get a replacement steak.

A friend I haven't seen in many years is coming to town and we are going to lunch Sunday. I have no idea where, but I'm sure I will spoil my calories for the day. I can't beat myself up over it though. I eat at home most of the time, and once in a while it's nice to get out.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

We've had such heavy rains lately that yesterday, when it didn't rain at all, I went outside in my faux Crocs which have a half inch sole and water from the grassy lawn welled up and drenched my feet in muddy water.

Minor complaint since I'm so healthy and family is doing well, but my spring allergies are driving me nuts. My eyelids and face are itching like crazy from some sort of pollen allergy. I guess I'll go smear on some hydrocortisone cream because I don't want to take any antihistamine pills for just itching.

I don't know if I posted this or not when I found the Flatout bread in my local Walmart's deli section. Right next to the Flatout bread, I found Joseph's Heart Friendly Pita Bread. It's made with oat bran and stone ground whole wheat. As is the Flatout bread, this pita bread is delicious. It has only 1.5g total fat, zero saturated fat, zero cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 10g carbs, 5g fiber so 5 net carbs, and 7g protein. So nice to have a nice selection of low cholesterol and low carb Flatout bread plus now the pita bread--real bread. Ahhhhhhh!

Debbie, you are so uplifting even in hard times. I'm proud of you and of our group, too.

Hi, Bea!

Missing all our regular posters who are absent.

Jenai, aw, sorry you're stressed out and sorry about your disappointing lunch yesterday. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your lunch with your friend Monday. Eat what you want and we'll all be waiting for you up on the wagon. How is your son with the ear infection, cold, and asthma feeling? Your Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin was a big hit here too. DH polished off the last serving of it. I told you our 12 year old granddaughter even ate the cooked spinach in the tortilla soup, but this morning I discovered she also ate the broth of MOST of the remaining soup. The container in the fridge is now just holding wet soup veggies. LOL Well, even the broth was nutritious for her (she's not a big veggie lover) so with our dinner tonight DH and I are having the rest of it as a side dish of veggies with our low carb spaghetti. Either tomorrow or next week I'm going to try the Enchilada Casserole recipe you posted. I'm sure I can adapt it, if that's even necessary. Hey! Wow! Congrats on losing 8 lbs. in the past four weeks!

Libby, so sorry to learn that your DH and son will be losing their jobs, too. Have your daughter, her boyfriend and his mother found employment since losing their jobs? Your reports looked GOOD this week. Glad you enjoyed the grapefruit juice. I wish I could have oatmeal, but can't afford the carbs with my 25 gram daily net carb limit. But I can enjoy plenty other good food. Today DH and I went out for breakfast and I had an incredibly delicious zero cholesterol egg blend omelet with spinach, onion, tomato and just a smear of Hollandaise sauce. Instead of hash brown potatoes served with their omelets, I had a dish of cantaloupe.

Jenn, I'm glad you got in a walk. I missed my water target yesterday, too. I cook mostly from scratch and read nutrition labels to select ready made products to be sure they're OK for my low cholesterol and low carb diet. I don't know what brands are available in Canada. There are several spaghetti sauces on the market in the USA that I can use: Ragu has one variety I can eat, as does Belladoro brand. Polaner makes some good sugar free fruit preserves. I like the apricot, but it's a little sweeter than my taste buds prefer--could use less sucralose artificial sweetener. Classico makes some pasta sauces I can eat. What a healthful day you had yestrday with all the veggies and exercise. Way to go!

Last edited by Mern; 04-05-2014 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Still lurking, but planning to make a comeback tomorrow . Why wait till Monday right! I'm planning a workout tomorrow and menu planning/meal prep for the week ahead. I'm still determined to shake this dark cloud that's been looming for a couple weeks now! I just gotta put one foot in front of the other and just keep moving forward!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Way to go, Debbie! Big hug to ya!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:40 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, I am sooo glad your family is enjoying your revamped versions of my recipes. I'm glad I was able to give you some new ideas.

Jenn, great job on all the veggies and exercise on Friday.

Friday was disastrous. eating out to lunch with dh, having taco bell take out for dinner (2 tostadas, so it could have been a lot worse), I also had some soda and 2 brownies. I didn't even bother logging it all.

Today was a great comeback with only 1066 calories, mostly thanks to my veggie "pasta" that I posted in the low carb recipe thread. It was absolutely delicious. You should check it out.

And I did quite a lot of shopping with my son today so I got in some exercise. He's lost so much weight that his clothes were just slipping right off him, so I had to buy him new clothes. I can't wait until that's my "problem"! He had been in an XL shirt and today he bought mediums. He's also gone from a 36" waist to now only a 32" waist! That's down another inch since the last time I reported on him. He's feeling much better since taking his meds, too.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! I'm going to do my best to get back on track. First step will be making daily goals. Thinking about my goals for the whole week is overwhelming me for some reason, so I'll just start with today and then take it day by day.

Today's goal is to drink 96 oz. water, burn a minimum of 500 calories and keep my calories under 1200.

Mern - Thanks for cheering me on. The support here on fitday has helped me so very much, so thank you

Jenai - You're son is doing so well!!! You've set a good example for him!! I'm going to check out your recipe!

Jenn - Great job getting in the veggies, water and some exercise!

Libby - You got me craving grapefruit...guess what I had for breakfast!

I'm going to do better than try, I WILL be back on track. I've been doing this for 7 months, so I know how to do it. I'm going to do my workout now...I know I'll feel better once I get my body in motion again.

Have an awesome day my fitday friends!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.