Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread March 31-April 6 >

Motivational Thread March 31-April 6

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread March 31-April 6

Old 04-02-2014, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Rough waters ahead for me for the next little while. My husband lost his job today. Poor guy...he's so dedicated to his work and such a hard worker! They didn't get a contract they were hoping to get so they had to cut him. I'm so angry, sad...worried! Sigh*** The saving grace is we didn't buy a new car like we were talking about so we do have some money in savings to carry us for a while. I was trying desperately to shake this doom and gloom mood...but I don't think today is the day.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I'm so sorry about your husband's job! Oh, I know that feeling all too well. My husband is an electrician and with the economy being bad, businesses aren't building. He's got a layoff coming soon too. I hope he finds something quickly. Glad you have some savings to carry you for a while.

Jenn, you can beat those numbers! You know how to live healthy and you can lose those lbs the doctor says you should. You'll get this under control. Just have to work hard and be diligent. You can do it!

Just got my son back from the dr. He's got an ear infection and general over all creeping crud. But it's set off his asthma in a bad way. Have to start his inhaler treatments until he's over this. Picking up meds in a little while. Poor guy. I gave him a big ol' slab of that ice cream in the freezer. Thought it might feel good on his sore throat...and I want it GONE! lol Starting my food log today with ice cream is not a good start. But I'll turn it around and work really hard to stay in my calorie range for the day.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, huge cyberhug to you. Trust that you will get through this and DH will find a good job soon.

Kathy, I use Egg Beaters or the store brand, but I did indeed leave them off my list! Thanks! I'll edit those in.

Charlie's angel, thanks for YOUR kind words. Yes, my doc is great--not many around like her, I hear. Enjoy that spaghetti squash. I'm new to it, but it seems very versatile. Best wishes on your bloodwork sent to Dr. Beers. It would be wonderful if the results lead to success of your next IVF. Great job on your exercise. That plateau diet may very well help you. Good for you for choosing that. I reversed my pre-diabetic range blood sugar to normal with the help of my doctor back in 2011 and have kept it there ever since with 25g net carbs per day (total carbs less fiber) as a permanent lifestyle and with bloodwork every three-four months for blood sugar and cholesterol monitoring. Doc is pro-low carb lifestyle for people who are willing to keep track of carbs and have shown they can manage with no meds. I don't have a problem at all with low energy on my low carb diet EXCEPT if I go OFF my diet and eat high carb, the sluggishness then coming from blood sugar spikes and plunges. With low carb my blood sugar is more stable, especially if I eat 5-6 small meals per day instead of three big ones. Let us know how the low carb plateau diet is going for you. LOL on your body fat moving error message.

Jenai, so sorry to learn your son is ill. Poor kid. Ear infections and sore throats are the pits and to have asthma triggered again is even worse. I hope that your faux fried ice cream brings him lots of comfort. That description has my mouth watering. Wow, you are so inspirational--already having made up your mind that you will try hard to come within your calorie range for the day. I had a nice treat today--extra firm tofu sprinkled with artificial sweetener and cinnamon. I'll bet it would still be yummy without the sweetener--will try that tomorrow. I have to work on my saturated fat--I'm going to be at 13% instead of 12% again. I juggled my pre-logged foods until I was blue in the face and decided to just accept it today and work on it again tomorrow. Oh, geez, I just realized what it was--I took my granddaughter to Subway and had cheese in the sub filling that I transferred to my low carb tortilla. I had forgotten that I already ate cheese earlier today. So that's a non-scale victory for today--figuring out where I went wrong. From now on I'll limit myself to one oz. cheese per day.

Jenn, sorry to learn your blood sugar was up. If you go low carb, there are several of us here who can give you tips on products and substitutions for high carb. I keep forgetting--are you USA or Canadian. I bumped up the low carb thread in Food Talk for you. http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...tml#post107148
Old 04-02-2014, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Bridgette and CharliesAngel!!

I'm sorry to hear your new Debbie

It seems so many people are in a rough spot this week!
I think I'll keep my snow and my period (UGH) 50 years old and no end in sight!
Mind you, I have never been regular EVER! except for the last 7 years or so, so I'm sure I have enough eggs to do until I'm 95....

I'll be the 1 lil'ol lady in the old folks home who needs a monthly supply of feminine products!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mern. I will check those out. I did try spaghetti squash but it didn't agree with me and there are some other veggies that do also.
I'm in Ontario. I know you mentioned HG flatbread and Dreamfields but I don't think either of those are in Canada. I'm not a big fan of oatmeal but it is something that I've seen for breakfast because it's filling.

I did get a walk in this afternoon (such a beautiful day) and chores burned calories too.
Didn't get my water in today since I was out most of the morning.

Jenn
Old 04-02-2014, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

I took a walk outside today and it is still a bit cold. I couldn't resist the beef ribs that were cooking all day so my calories were over my limit.
Debbie, sorry to hear your bad news. My husband and son will be losing their jobs this year when their employer closes the doors. My daughter,
her boyfriend and his mother lost their jobs last year at the same place.
None of them have found employment yet. I hope that your husband finds employment soon.

Goals for the week

Monitor blood pressure: Yes
Drink water: Yes, Yes, Yes
Eat more fruit and veg: Yes, Yes, No
Exercise 3X : Tuesday - Yes, Wed - Yes
Lose 5 pounds by Friday
Old 04-02-2014, 12:28 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the support my fabulous fitday friends. Apologies for being glum this week....maybe it's a good thing I haven't posted much right! My mother always told me if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all I will turn things around and be back to myself....soon?

I just wanted to say I'm proud of us all!! Life has it's ups and downs, twists and turns, but I'm proud of our commitment (some days better than others mind you!!) to better ourselves. You all inspire me more than you'll ever know! So thank you
Old 04-02-2014, 03:22 PM
FitDay Member

We are here for you Debbie in good times and bad.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai, my 12 year old granddaughter tried and ate cooked spinach for the first time thanks to your Mexican Tortilla soup recipe. I adapted it to my food plan and added the chopped spinach option. She said she didn't like the texture of cooked spinach, but it was edible for her in the soup with the tomatoes, green beans and yellow squash. I found it really delicious. Thanks so much.

Crazy day today! All is well, but between taking care of two grandkids and my great-granddaughter and then helping another granddaughter, I'm just plain pooped out! I had to serve as ground traffic control to help great-granddaughter's Mommy find her way to an appointment across town via my computer and land line phone and her cell phone after she took the wrong Interstate and got lost. Good thing she had left her house half an hour earlier than she should have needed to because she pulled into the parking lot of the building ONE MINUTE before her appointment.

I don't feel like doing the work to log my food tonight. My numbers and percentages are probably way off target-- but the day will at least be very low cal. All I had today was a veggie zero cholesterol egg blend omelet, low carb Mexican veggie soup (an adaption of Jenai's Tortilla Soup in the Food Talk Forum under the Vegetarian thread) and for dinner I had just chicken marsala (only chicken and sauce) with only 2 net carbs worth of the sauce.

Great granddaughter arrives at 4:30AM tomorrow, but then I can go back to bed until 7:15 when my 10 and 12 old grandkids arrive. I'm not complaining and I don't have a martyr complex--I love taking care of the kids and at my age it's nice to still be needed.

Big hugs to all who are struggling and kudos to those who are doing well.

Last edited by Mern; 04-03-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

My calories were very high today, very hungry and bad choices. I did get some red grapefruit juice and had three glasses. I missed the taste.

Goals for the week

Monitor blood pressure: Yes
Drink water: Yes, Yes, Yes Yes,
Eat more fruit and veg: Yes, Yes, No, No
Exercise 3X : Tuesday - Yes, Wed - Yes
Lose 5 pounds by Friday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.