FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10797-motivational-thread-march-24th-30th.html)

lildebbieg 03-24-2014 01:25 AM

Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction.

Hi fitday friends. Here we are at the start of a new week!

I've made a personal decision that took me a while to come to...but I finally made up my mind. I've been spinning my wheels around the low 120's for several weeks now with a goal weight is 114 lbs. I've come to the realization that I'm at a healthy weight and that maybe pushing to reach 114 lbs. isn't necessary? However, the reason I picked that number is because that is what I weighed after I got back in shape after my last child....before I fell out of shape again...and I felt fantastic! But, at that time all I did was run..lots of cardio...but this time I've incorporated weights along with cardio into my workout regime. I have muscle I have never had before and I love the way it looks!! So should I keep pushing to reach a certain number on the scale or just be happy where I'm at and start the lifetime commitment of maintaining? My decision....I'm going to do one final push until the end of the Easter Challenge and whatever weight I end up at, that is what I'm going ot consider my goal and then I will start maintenance and continue to work on body composition.

So there you have it! I'm going to push hard for the next 25 days (I'll be out of town for the last Friday weigh in, so I'll be weighing in on the Thrusday instead) then let the chips fall where they may...so to speak :p I picked today's motivational quote because for the next 25 days, I want to wake up with determination and go to bed knowing I did all I could do that day to finally reach maintenance in the best way possible! Wish me luck! ;)

My goals this week:

Keep calories under 1200 daily
Burn a minimum of 500 calories daily
Drink 96 oz. water daily

Have an awesome Monday all!! Let's make this a great week!

jjrudd 03-24-2014 01:56 AM

That's awesome Debbie. I think we all get focused on the number and it should be more where we feel comfortable.

Went for bloodwork this morning and the nurse got it first try. Woo hoo so happy. The last couple of times I've had it done it's taken 2 nurses 2 tries each (in there for at least 20 min). Had fasting so we went out for breakfast afterwards. Probably have soup and salad for lunch.

GOALS
1. Eat at least 4 servings of fruits and veggies.
I've been sorely lacking in this so I need to work on it!
2. 6 glasses of water at least.
3. Exercise 4X for 30 min.

Personal goals
1. Manage stress better and take time for myself
2. write
3. De-clutter basement--one bag at least

Jenn

Mern 03-24-2014 02:22 AM

Had to change my routine checkup that was scheduled for the 28th. I have labs Wednesday morning, the 26th. The only ones we really need to monitor closely are blood sugar, triglycerides, and cholesterol which I expect to be high normal and that's fine since I've been able to manage them with no meds so far. Everything else is always normal. I expect my weight to be down only 2 lbs. or so from my last visit--but that's better than being UP 2 lbs.

Goals this week are to eat on plan
log my food
exercise 5 days
64 oz. water daily

Debbie, everyone is different, but I sincerely do applaud you on your decision. Our bodies go through many changes during life in metabolism and muscle mass and it is extremely possible that you are more healthy and physically fit now than ever before and that's what counts. What a great quote: " Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction."

Jenn, I hope your bloodwork comes out well. Kudos on them getting blood the first try! :)

Kumochi 03-24-2014 03:45 AM

Ready for the last week of March. I will be motivated as I head for Vegas April 1st and want to be in good shape for walking and enjoying myself. Annual physical this afternoon. I can think of things I'd rather do.

JediMindTricks 03-24-2014 03:52 AM

Debbie, I think that's a great decision to not focus on what the scale says and focus on what your body says. Like you said, you're more muscled and toned now, you're healthy, and you feel good about yourself. Sounds like a winning combination to me! And I really like the quote.

Mern, 2 lbs down for your visit is super. Definitely better than being up. Hope your blood tests are what you expect. Have missed you around here lately.

Jenn, hope your bloodwork comes out good for you!

I have an amazing update on my son. Not only is he down 15 lbs, but it is really showing on his frame as well. He's just turned 14, and at his largest he was about 177lbs (5'6.5"), an extra large shirt, and in pants he wore a 36 relaxed (baggy) fit. He now wears a large shirt, and if needed could get into a medium (but he likes them roomy). Last night he tried on pants to see where he's at. Can you believe it? A 33 regular fit! And all he's done is cut down on his portions, I stopped stocking the fridge with soda and we have less junk food in the house. I still buy him sodas on the road, and I still get him his Takis once every week or two. He's doing soooo well! I'm really curious to see where he's at on the growth chart now.

I am really happy that I had "take out" from my own fridge because this morning, even though I was up high on my calories the scale only shows a .6 gain. That'll be gone by tomorrow I bet! But the soda is getting out of control. Definitely have become addicted again. :( I'm still staying within my calorie range, but I'm sacrificing a lot of nutrition. I'm thinking I might try lemon slices in my water to give it some flavor so I don't feel like I'm drinking nothing.

Plan on trying some new veggies this week for vegetarian enchiladas. I'm also thinking about making zucchini and squash "pasta" and substituting that for the egg noodles in the tuna noodle casserole so I can have some. Thinking about making a frozen peach yogurt recipe as well as a pineapple whip recipe I found on Pinterest to add more fruits in.

My target calories are 1200-1400. Need to keep protein and fiber up. Need to keep blood glucose readings in check. More water, less soda. More veggies and fruits. Same stuff I've been working on. Hope to lose 2 lbs this week.

Have a good day all!

Mern 03-24-2014 06:09 AM

Mary, wishing you great results on your physical and a wonderful vacation in Vegas next month.

Janai, thanks for your kind words. I just got really busy with family stuff last week and DH was using the computer in the evenings when I was too tired to post anyway. It's good to be back. Wow, that's marvelous news on your son's weight loss--not just the weight, but the measurements. What an accomplishment for a 14 year old--especially a boy! I would think it would be harden for 14 year old boys to be motivated. Good job on cutting down on the junk in the fridge for both him and you. Lemon in your water is a good idea--as a matter of fact, I think I'll add some to mine as soon as I'm done posting. Thanks for the idea. I love squash, but can't get DH to go for that. I made what to me was super-yummy lasagna with low net effective carb pasta (Dreamfields brand) and using pureed squash instead of ricotta cheese. DH didn't like it at all. Your zucchini and squash noodles sound yummy as ingredients in a tuna casserole. Kudos on your determination to work hard this week to eat nutritiously within your calorie range.

I'm experimenting today with making a low carb chicken stew. I stewed the chicken breasts with water, salt substitute, onion and celery. The veggies will be low carb green beans, cauliflower, and broccoli. Also will have some potato in there for DH that I won't eat. The sauce will be Classico Roasted Red Pepper sauce (four--used to be three-- net carbs per 1/4 cup serving) to which I will add some sodium free chicken bouillon granules that I hope will make it taste like chicken gravy.

Kenl01 03-24-2014 10:05 AM

thanks

Thanks for all the ideas and recommendations !
I do Zumba twice a week normally - sometimes 3. Although working nights means I get a little too tired to work out daily LOL. Hope to maintain shape by working out Zumba and also in my local gym doing spinning and sometimes a CXworks class. That should slow the aging process by keeping in shape.
It helps allot. Appreciate the dieting ideas. Water is important too :)

simplybea 03-24-2014 10:18 AM

Jenai,

Do you like herbal teas? I picked up a new one on Sunday to try, it is Bengal Spice, and I could see it being a substitute for pop. It is quite lovely and flavourful

lildebbieg 03-24-2014 10:53 AM

Checking back it to report on my day. I'm off to a strong start...as always...it's the end of the week where I start to struggle. :o I woke up with determination this morning and happy to report I'll be hitting the hay with complete satisfaction. I did all I could do and more! :D

Keep calories under 1200 daily - Mon - yes
Burn a minimum of 500 calories daily - Mon - yes
Drink 96 oz. water daily - Mon - yes

Jenai
- I don't normally suggest artificial sweetened stuff, but since you seem to really enjoy soda, can you switch to the diet kind? I like Bea's suggestion of herbal teas. In fact, when I was pregnant, I drank chilled fruity herbal teas.

Mary - Vegas eh!?!?! Bring back the sunshine with you!

Jenn - Hope your blood work comes back all good!'

Mern
- Hope your stew turns out yummy! I experimented tonight as well! I made myself a Chicken Taco Salad and it was very satisfying...but I'm still a little hungry so I may have to have a little snack before bed. Still have lots of room in my calorie bank ;)

See you all tomorrow!

jjrudd 03-24-2014 10:57 AM

GOALS
1. Eat at least 4 servings of fruits and veggies. no
I've been sorely lacking in this so I need to work on it!
2. 6 glasses of water at least. yes
3. Exercise 4X for 30 min. no

Personal goals
1. Manage stress better and take time for myself BIG FAIL maybe I should add patience to my goals??
2. write
3. De-clutter basement--one bag at least

Jenn

jjrudd 03-24-2014 10:58 AM

Debbie, what did you put in the salad?

JediMindTricks 03-24-2014 01:59 PM

I just wanted to post that my "Tuna Noodle Casserole Makeover" was a smashing success! All I did was replace the egg noodles with spiralized "spaghetti" zucchini and Mexican squash. It was FANTASTIC. Great texture, the flavor was amazing. So proud of myself for thinking outside the box on one of my favorite dinners and working in some veggies to boot. I have a recipe for home made "cream of something soup" to replace the canned cream of mushroom, but I didn't use it tonight so it was still kinda high in calories. But I got to eat way more than if it was pasta.

aimeet_1 03-24-2014 05:43 PM

Hi everyone- here are my goals for this week.

1. Gym 4x this week- M/Y
2. Drink 5 glasses water per day-- M/N
3. Stay under 1200 cal per day-- M/Y
4. Lost at least 1 lb by Friday

Jenai- I am wondering about that Tuna Casserole recipe if you have it?

JediMindTricks 03-24-2014 06:37 PM

Aimee, I'll post it under the Food/Recipe board for you. :)

libby116 03-25-2014 12:58 AM

I have been in a creative mood lately and I am making a quilted purse without a pattern. I get these great ideas and I don't think them through so nothing fits so I have to make a lot of adjustments. It can be very frustrating. I hope I love it when its done. I have been off my diet and not exercising and I feel awful. My body aches and my mind is cloudy. Today I am getting back to exercise and eating well.
Goals for the week
Exercise 3X
Eat more fruits and veg
Drink 6 glasses of water
Finish my purse

Congrats Debbie for reaching your goal.

lildebbieg 03-25-2014 01:34 AM

Good morning all! Started my day with determination...now to keep that mindset all day! I woke up and did my regular 40 minutes of interval training. Today's focus was biceps, triceps and shoulders. An awesome workout! I'll be doing some extra this evening to hit my daily 500 calorie burn goal.

Jenn - My salad was very simple, but very yummy! I started with a plate of romaine lettuce, topped it with 4 oz of grilled skinless boneless chicken (still warm), fresh tomato, 1 oz of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (to replace sour cream) and 1/4 cup salsa. No dressing needed! The sour cream and salsa gave it lots of flavour. I topped the whole meal off with 1/2 toasted corn totilla that I cut into thin strips and toasted in a cast iron pan...it gave the salad some crunch.

Jenai - your recipe makeover sounds interesting! A great way to get in more veg! I posted in the recipe section...what were the quantities you used for the single serving and what were the nutrition counts?

Aimee
- Good solid goals for the week!

Libby - Glad to see your post! You've planned some good solid goals for the week too! I know you felt very disappointed last week, so I'm glad to see you've got some motivation back and your moving forward. I'm not sure if I've reached my goal....I'm no longer exactly sure what my goal is...I'm just going to give it my all until Easter (hopefully I can get closer to 114 lbs....my original goal) and then learn how to maintain at that point. Wish me luck!

Hope you all have a fantastic day and keep your eye on the prize! ;)

Kumochi 03-25-2014 04:53 AM

A beautiful winters day - hard to believe Christmas was 3 months ago. I was going to say only 9 months away but that's way to depressing for those of us covered in snow. My weight is going back down. feeling motivated re diet - not so much re exercise. I may go to the Y and just walk later. Too busy to sneak out for aqua fit.

Goal for today Calories below 1500, walk a mile

JediMindTricks 03-25-2014 05:35 AM

I can finally check of my to-do list my request from my health coach. I got set up with a new doctor by my new house today. His scale showed me at a few oz less than my scale. I got my blood drawn for my cholesterol and A1C, so I should have the results of those back in a few days. My blood pressure was good, too. Feeling good about getting that out of the way.

Libby, hope your purse turns out as pretty as you imagine it. It's amazing how much we notice the changes in our bodies when we go from living healthy to not. Hope you can get yourself feeling good again quickly.

Mern 03-25-2014 06:01 AM

Kenl, welcome. :)

Mary, do not invite the Christmas snow back! LOL What's funny is that as I type this, we are having a light snowfall, but it's not sticking. Nice, simple goals you have today!

Bea, What a wonderful job you're doing! Quite a loss since your start of 2/28!

Debbie, you certainly had a lot of pep and determination yesterday! Oh, my, you put me to shame with your exercise. You should be really proud of yourself--and your scale is showing how hard you've worked. Great job on the calorie management, too! My stew did turn out yummy. It was just a dump and taste--no real recipe. The sauce thinned out a little more than I intended. The solution is simple: next time drain the cooked veggies more thoroughly before combining with the chicken and Classico Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo sauce. But DH said it was just fine the way it was and it's a keeper. Oh, yum, chicken taco salad sounds yummy! I don't have any more chicken, but I may add some Southwestern seasoning to some leftover chicken stew and sprinkle on some cheese and sour cream.

Jenn, don't forget to give yourself credit for the things you DID accomplish. Kudos on the water and best wishes on the stress management. Big hug to ya!

Jenai, kudos on your tuna casserole makeover. Wow, that's really thinking outside the box. My Mom always added peas to tuna casserole, but I found it yummy to use broccoli or green beans to save carbs. I wish DH liked cooked squash and zucchini. He likes them only in baked goods. I hope you're enjoying your new house. Kudos on your bp being good and best wishes on your other test results. I'm going tomorrow for my routine labs. Let us know how yours came out. How do you like your new doctor?

Aimee, you're showing a really nice loss since 1/15! Congratulations!

Libby, best wishes on the purse--I've seen some really pretty ones in stores. Also best wishes on getting back to eating on plan and exercising. It really does make a difference in energy and clarity of thinking. I can tell the difference when I'm off track, too.

simplybea 03-25-2014 06:09 AM

do not invite the Christmas snow back!
I live on the east coast of Canada, we are expecting 30-40cms of snow and winds gusting at 100km/h+ tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! GAH - top that up with a forecast of 25-35cm MORE! coming on Sunday... we may see spring on July 32nd!

libby116 03-25-2014 09:46 AM

This afternoon it was snowing so hard that I couldn't see the houses across the street. Will this winter weather ever end?

lildebbieg 03-25-2014 10:36 AM

Hi all! Checking back in with my daily results. Still going strong! Tonight for dinner, I had a Tomato Basil Tortilla stuff with pretty much the same Taco Salad I had last night, but I grilled it so the outside was toasty and the inside was nice and warm. I think I've been getting in a bit of a slump trying to come up with new ideas of low cal meals...so I'm trying to think up new ideas.

Keep calories under 1200 daily - Mon - yes, Tues - yes
Burn a minimum of 500 calories daily - Mon - yes, Tues - yes
Drink 96 oz. water daily - Mon - yes, Tues - yes

Mary!!! No Christmas talk!!! :p Did you get to the Y for a walk?

Jenai - Good job taking the advice and getting a new doctor...especially one with a nice scale! ;)

Mern - Sorry to hear your casserole didn't turn out to your liking, but at least it sounds like your husband isn't too hard to please! That's sweet that he thought it was just fine the way it was.

Bea - Every time I heard anyone grumble about the weather today, I reminded them of what was coming for the East coast. Sounds like you are really going to get quite a storm. I hope it isn't as bad as they're predicting...I heard they may have to shut down the bridge from the mainland to PEI?

Libby - Hang in there....it's gotta end sometime soon! They're calling for temperatures above zero by the end of the week.

Mike - Where are you...up at the ass crack of dawn hunting wabbits are you?!?! I hear it's the best time ;)

Have an awesome evening all. See you all tomorrow!

Kumochi 03-25-2014 11:55 AM

Hi Debbie I wimped out on the walk. I likely burn"t the same amount of calories in frustration with changing my cell phone plan

lildebbieg 03-25-2014 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kumochi (Post 106908)
Hi Debbie I wimped out on the walk. I likely burn"t the same amount of calories in frustration with changing my cell phone plan

LOL! Sometimes technology can be so frustrating! It's supposed to simplify our lives....but I don't know about that! ;)

adyndravo1 03-25-2014 03:21 PM

Hello everyone. I am back. I had a bad month of depression all I wanted to do was eat junk and cross stitch. I am feeling much better still a little down butdoing ok. I got my resistance training in thrusday lfting cindar blocks over my head on a ladder. The wind pulled the shade cloth off the green house and then ripped a piece of my roof off. Had to get out and do it twice because wind knocked athe lighter pieces off. I had some more stuff in storage in a shed so was able to get it fixed on Saturday.
I finally got the seat ajusted on my new bike and have road it tiwce now I was not so wobble the second time. I got thinking and it has been 21 years since the last time I road a bike.
I have gained a little wiegh back but it is going down again. So here are my goals for this week. Drink losts of water and post here every day.
Have a great evening. Nyda

Mern 03-25-2014 11:39 PM

Had a huge "whoosh" the past couple days from drinking water to plump of my veins for my labs today and got rid of a bunch of water retention from eating too much sodium lately. This morning I'm down six pounds since weighing for the first time on my new home scale on January 2nd. My scale gives quite consistent readings, so regardless of how that compares to my doc's scale since last weighed on it December 18, I should be down at least six pounds on her scale, too. I had hoped to be down 10 lbs. this doctor visit, but I worked hard to shed those six pounds, so I'm proud of it. :)

Nyda! Hi and welcome back! I'm so sorry to learn of your bout with depression and hope you will soon be fully recovered. Whoa--that's some resistance training lifting cinder blocks over you head! Was that your house that got a piece of roof ripped off? What an ordeal with all the wind damage! Kudos on enjoying the new bike and being in a weight loss mode again. Nice simple goals to get restarted. :)

Bea, so sorry to hear of your weather forecast! How is it right now? July 32... LOL Somebody in my family used to say the 12th of Never.

Mary, I hope your new cell phone plan works out well for you.

Libby, we had heavy snowfall, but it didn't stick. Hooray!

Debbie, really great all green report! :) your grilled Tomato Basil Tortilla sounds super yummy! I changed up my leftover chicken stew last night just to refresh it so it wouldn't be the same meal two days in a row--added a bunch more green beans and low sodium Southwest seasoning. It tasted sort of like white chicken chili without cheese.

lildebbieg 03-26-2014 01:00 AM

Good morning all! I went to bed last night with satisfaction...but also an ache in my back. Seems I may have pulled or irritated something in my back. I'm still going to get in my workout today, but pay close attention to how I feel. I've also booked a deep tissue massage for this afternoon...that should help!

Nyda - Glad to see you back....sorry to hear you've been down. Depression runs in my family so I can attest that being in that state of mind can affect your whole life. It's great that you're out there riding your bike! Finding and doing new things that you enjoy can really lift the spirits!

Mern - Congrats on the 'whoosh'! I'm having a bit of one myself this week after being up last week....so nice when that happens eh! Turning stew into chili....magic! ;)

Have an awesome day all!!

jjrudd 03-26-2014 01:52 AM

Congrats Mern on the weight loss!! As you told me be happy with what you DID do...a 6lb loss is good!
Good job on the workout Debbie!

I did ok on food choices yesterday but didn't get in any exercise. Felt really fun down. Better today but I have laundry to do, garbage to take out etc so may only get a short step workout in.
Thinking of going away for a couple of days (maybe next week) for a little ME time. Stayed in a wonderful hotel in Mississauga last fall so I will use the pool or exercise room.

Jenn

Mern 03-26-2014 03:49 AM

Happy to have weighed myself at home right before my 9AM labs today, in my clothes but no shoes, just as I get weighed at the doc's office. The doc's office is just a mile and a half up the street and I got in right away, asked if I could weigh myself, and found my new home scale and the docs are exactly in sync. My scale only cost $30 so I was tickled to find it's so accurate. :)

Debbie, I hope the deep tissue massage helps your back and that your exercise goes well. Boy, are you dedicated to exercise! Ooh, how fun that you, too, are having a whoosh. Like you and Jenai I'm enjoying trying and creating new recipes.

Jenn, thanks for your kind words on my weight loss. I'm glad you're feeling better today and that you have a productive day. Those household chores burn calories, too. :) Aw, I hope you do get that ME time next week in Mississauga. Sounds lovely!

Kumochi 03-26-2014 04:39 AM

Mern I like that word Whoosh. Next time I hit a plateau I'll look on it as preparing for the next whoosh. I am having a good week too and hope to be down more by Monday. maybe we are all on the same schedule! It does help keep the motivation going when you know the rewards will come sometime.

Deep tissue massage is something I avoid. I found it too painful when the physiotherapist did massage. It helped but hurt. I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes top pain. I hope it helps with your back Debbie

Keep up the positive choices everyone.

beccafries 03-26-2014 05:52 AM

Debbie I think that's a great idea...stick with what makes u feel good...don't focus too much on the #'s....our bodies are different from years back.

I worked out Monday nite...missed last nite..hope to get home early enough
to get it in this evening :D

Hope everyone is doing good this week....I can't believe already end of March..didn't we just weigh in March 7th..wow :eek:..time is going by way
to quickly....

lildebbieg 03-26-2014 06:39 AM

Back from my deep tissue massage.....hurt so good! I know I'll feel bruised for a day or two but it really does help...at least for me! No relaxation massage for this girl! LOL! Still on track for the day but need to up the water consumption to hit my daily target.

Jenn - I didn't realize you're from Ontario (I'm assuming so since you're planning some 'me' time in Mississauga). I could soooo use some me time!! It's rare that I take time to myself....except for the time I work out...guess that's my me time! ;)

Mern
- My diet has never been too bad....probably consumed too many 'red wine' calories....but other than that my diet is pretty good. I gained weight because I have sedentary job. So cutting back a bit on portions and keeping the red wine to weekend indulgences only is all I could do diet-wise. Other than that, it's all about exercise for me....good thing I love it!! :D

Mary
- Keeping my eye on the prize and weigh day does help to motivate me too. Checking in here also I believe has been a huge part of my motivation!

Becca - I know! I can't believe it's already the end of March! I set up some targets for myself back in September when I started the whole weight loss thing ;) I check back to it every month to see if I'm close to that target. I had a bad month last month and the next March target seemed so far away...but alas here we are only 2 days away from out last March weigh in....and I'm nowhere near that target...oh well...still doing my best ;)

JediMindTricks 03-26-2014 08:42 AM

Debbie, glad to hear your massage was good for you. That's something I'd like to do one day.

Mern, congratulations on the weight loss!

Jenn, Hope you manage to get away for some me time. That sounds heavenly!

I got back my blood test results already. Cholesterol, triglycerides, both normal. :) HDL a tad low, LDL pretty high :(. But get this...A1C...drum roll please...5.8!!! :D Doc said I can cut my Metformin to half everyday and just take one pill. I'm sooooo excited about that. Yea me!:cool:

I'm not sure what I need to do to change my HDL and LDL. Anyone know?

jjrudd 03-26-2014 10:13 AM

That's great Jenai!

Goals--had soup and salad for lunch so had 3 veg and one fruit today. Probably just on for carbs. Don't think I'll get the water in today (had mid-afternoon coffee). Was up and down the stairs many times with laundry and lugged out 2 bags of garbage, and 2 blue boxes. Oh walking around grocery store would count too. Not as bad as I thought!

Jenn

lildebbieg 03-26-2014 01:15 PM

Going to bed with satisfaction....and extreme fatigue! I swear I never stop between a full time job, two kids and trying to fit in time to take care of myself. So tired tonight! :o I had another awesome day though...so happy about that!

Keep calories under 1200 daily - Mon - yes, Tues - yes, Wed - yes
Burn a minimum of 500 calories daily - Mon - yes, Tues - yes, Wed - yes
Drink 96 oz. water daily - Mon - yes, Tues - yes, Wed - yes

Jenn - Good job getting in some fruits and veg!

Jenai - That's awesome that you got good news from the doctor! As far as changing your you LBL/HDL numbers, you should probably ask your doc...but if that's not an option, you can find so much information just by Googling.

Good night all!

adyndravo1 03-26-2014 02:29 PM

evening all. I made it through work today without cake or cookies. I brought dinner home tonight- Wal-Marts bbq bonless wings and strawberry parfait jello( really wanted those cookies). Mern it was the green house not my house that I had to repair the rook on.
All in all I did ok today. I got my water in and ate my apple I took to work today instead of leaving it in the lunch tote to go bad.
Head is bothering me a bit so I need to get off the computer.
Conagrates on the big lose Mern.
Nyda

lildebbieg 03-27-2014 03:45 AM

Hi all! Another quiet day around here :confused: Started my day strong again...today was legs and glutes day. Another awesome workout! I read a quote this morning that I thought was motivating...and of course I thought I should share it! ;)

Be stronger than your strongest excuse

We all know what it takes to lose the weight.....most of us have done this more than once. Making up excuses for yourself will get you nowhere but a ticket straight to 'Excuseville'! I plan on making today count...how about you?

aimeet_1 03-27-2014 03:48 AM

Good morning all. I'm just starting to feel normal again and recovering from my cold. I haven't been able to do my cardio as my lungs are so congested but this week I will attempt a second weight lifting class this a.m.

I've been eating only 800 calories or so while my excercise has been so limited and have been surprised that the scales are still going down. Was down another pound this a.m. woot!!! 189.5 lbs

I am off to the gym. I hope to catch up more and chat when I get back.

simplybea 03-27-2014 04:01 AM

We are just starting to get dug out after 53cms of snow yesterday!! They are just putting the plows back on the roads after pulling them off yesterday afternoon.

My weight loss is at a standstill and I am VERY frustrated! I know I set a tough goal of 20 pounds in 4 weeks, but I was on par to make it! But, I have stalled at last week's weight. I know now is not the time to quit, but I wanna cry:(

Oh well, onward through this. 36 pounds gone since January 10, the plateau was bound to happen!

JediMindTricks 03-27-2014 04:10 AM

I love the quote Debbie!

My scale has been going up. I was down to 256.6 the other day, and this morning I was at 259. My calories since Sunday have been 1450, 1157, 758, and 1478. I'm staying within my goal for the most part (1200-1400 is the target), so I don't understand why I am going up. Sodium maybe? That could be it. My tuna casserole was kind of high in sodium. Last night I made an amazing vegetarian enchilada casserole, but I'm wondering if the enchilada sauce had a lot of sodium? That's the only thing I can figure. Is there anything else that could make the scale go up even though I'm staying on target? A little frustrating and confusing. :confused:

I introduced my kids to a new vegetable last night...zucchini. I had it with my tuna the other day, but they didn't have it then with me, so it was new for them. I sauteed it with onion, red bell pepper, garlic, jalapenos, and summer squash before baking it in the enchilada casserole. Although it was too spicy for my son's liking overall, he picked out and ate all the zucchini and said how delicious they were. Score! I'm so lucky that my family enjoys new things and aren't picky eaters!

Hope everyone has a good day!