Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th >

Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th

Old 03-28-2014, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

Jenn, normal LDL is under 99 in the USA.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Jenai, I've working on bringing down my LDL without meds since 2011 but then slipped off track these past three months trying to "fly on my own" without logging my food. I got lazy and paid the price for not logging. My Doctor did tell me that not all people can manage high cholesterol without meds--people are different and some have more hereditary factors that can't be helped through diet. My heart goes out to you--those scale fluctuations can also cause fluctuations in my will power because of feeling sometimes that it's just too darned hard. But deep down I know I have the power to conquer these weight and health issues. Whoever said that is right: we gotta pull up our big girl panties. Well, I hope you enjoyed the pizza. Back on track now is what matters. Oh, Lordy, if I couldn't vent in little bitch sessions every now and then I'd explode. This group really is fantastic.

Jenn, I wish I was one who had steady motivation, but I'm not. I wish I could have good reports on every issue at every doctor visit, but I think I had that only once. That would have been in September of 2011. Seems I do well in some things and totally suck in other areas. At least I mix it up, I excel in something for a while and then suck for a while and then do well again.

Aimee, good point. Some people are able to lose weight by keeping their entire day's calories the same, but eating a large breakfast, smaller lunch, and small dinner or by eating several small meals per day instead of three big ones. I would think people's work lifestyle and family responsibilities dictate how easily the ideals are done. Kudos on your wedding ring finger shrinking. At 246 lbs. my ring was actually making my hand hurt--I had to coat my finger in cooking oil to get it off and wore it on a chain around my neck until I lost enough weight to be able to wear it again. Also kudos on your weight lifting class.

Debbie, I don't know what we'd do without you. You have been holding this group together with your posts, sharing, pep talks. Thanks so much for your encouragement. I know how lucky I am to have such an awesome doctor. My husband's doctor only knows how to order tests and prescribe pills.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:37 PM
FitDay Member

evening all. I had a good day to day after about 2 pm. The first part of the day not so good. I felt yucky all day yesterday. I was draging at work. I only get on the scale once a week, other wise I get discouraged. I am have ing a better week this week then I have had in the last few. I know it is because I have returned here. I am not watching my calories so much as trying to eat better this week.
I have decided to start getting more fiber in my diet. I have a pill that I take for the migrians the stops me up and have to take laxetives. I want to try to get my body balanced out so it runs better with out them. I am trying a new granola reciept out on sunday. Does anyone here eat flax seed? Is it better to eat the whole seed or use the flax meal. I worry about some things being hard to chew as I have weak teeth.
Tomorrow my sister and I are taking a trip south. Going about 25 miles to a quilt show and then another 30 miles to a big home show. I will be getting lots of walking.
I am working 10 to 7 a lot and I find i am very hungry at noon. So for the last couple of days I have been taking a half of a sandwhich and it seem to help keep me away form the junk. I am afraid I love cake just a little to much.
Jani way to go on your A1C.
Aimee. If I did the 5.2 diet I would be more then grouchy I woudl get sick. Great news about your ring fitting better.
Bea I have found if I measure about once a month I can see where the inches are coming off. Could be your body is catching up with the weight loss

Nyda
Old 03-28-2014, 10:07 PM
FitDay Member

I like Debbie's idea of documenting NSVs!

I am 316 pounds, but I swear 300 is ass and thighs! and I live on the 3rd floor of a non-elevator apartment. I HATE STAIRS (they are tough for me)! and always feel so awkward on them, but I like my apartment and I'm not moving.

Last night I had 5 bags of semi-heavy groceries to take in. The outside only has 3 steps to go up, but I can only do those (1 foot per step, with nothing in my hand or holding the railing). My hands were full and I really wanted to do it 1 foot per step on the outside steps........... and I DID IT!! small but major victory for me!
Old 03-29-2014, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I am feeling unwell. Ever since I started on the new mediation my weight is out of control. This morning my weight is at 181 from 169. I feel and look like an inflated balloon. I have no energy and all I do is eat and sleep. I finally phoned my doctor yesterday and the receptionist suggested that I stop taking the meds for three days to see if it makes any difference.
My whole body aches including my head. The meds are for blood pressure but they are just making my life a living hell.
Mern, I wish I had a doctor that would work with me to get my blood pressure and cholesterol under control with diet and exercise and no meds.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Saturday everyone. No excuses for not working towards health and fitness. I'm happy to see so many recording a loss this week. Well done.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hang in there Libby! Things are bound to improve. Give it the 3 days the doctors have recommended and assess where you are then. I am sorry you are feeling so awful, I hope you are feeling better soon!
Old 03-29-2014, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Nyda,
As the saying goes "drag the ass along and the mind will follow". Keep hanging around in here and some of the suggestions will stick.

As to flax seeds, they are not to be eaten whole. For our bodies to process them, they are to be ground.

Have fun on you adventures with your sister!
Old 03-29-2014, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Nyda, I've learned the same as Bea--eat GROUND FLAX--our bodies can't digest the whole flax seeds. Big hug to ya!

Last edited by Mern; 03-29-2014 at 05:55 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Nyda, I need to join you in striving for improvements in my diet. I have started losing weight, but with my LDL cholesterol having gone up, I HAVE TO resume logging every bite of food again because I know that would have helped me immensely these past three months. Our bodies can't digest whole flaxseeds. If you have a coffee grinder or a small basket for your food processor, you can ground the flaxseed yourself. I buy it already ground. I add it to yogurt and to protein shakes. One of my favorite ways to eat it is with water and protein powder added to it and microwaved for a minute or so until it's the consistency of oatmeal. Sometimes I add a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder to it. I hope you have a nice weekend with your sister.

Bea, kudos on your steps non-scale victory! But you know what? A small NSV to some people is a MAJOR victory for those of us who are very obese. Most of my obesity if belly and rump.

Libby, so sorry to learn you are not feeling well. My husband's doctor is just horrid--all she knows is how to order tests and write prescriptions. She put him on meds when his blood pressure was 140 something over something but didn't tell him anything he could do as far as self-help. I read online that lowering carbs could aid in blood pressure. He started following a lower carb diet and has worked his way off meds. I wonder if you cut back on your carbs if you could eventually lower your blood pressure meds or was it you that said you couldn't do lower carb because of other health problems?

Mary, yep, no excuses. I've resolved to be better about exercise and to experiment with eating vegetarian a couple days a week in order to bring my LDL back down to normal. Also reducing my dietary cholesterol allowance from 250mg to 200.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.