Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th >

Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th

Old 03-26-2014, 05:52 AM
Banned

Debbie I think that's a great idea...stick with what makes u feel good...don't focus too much on the #'s....our bodies are different from years back.

I worked out Monday nite...missed last nite..hope to get home early enough
to get it in this evening

Hope everyone is doing good this week....I can't believe already end of March..didn't we just weigh in March 7th..wow ..time is going by way
to quickly....
Old 03-26-2014, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Back from my deep tissue massage.....hurt so good! I know I'll feel bruised for a day or two but it really does help...at least for me! No relaxation massage for this girl! LOL! Still on track for the day but need to up the water consumption to hit my daily target.

Jenn - I didn't realize you're from Ontario (I'm assuming so since you're planning some 'me' time in Mississauga). I could soooo use some me time!! It's rare that I take time to myself....except for the time I work out...guess that's my me time!

Mern
- My diet has never been too bad....probably consumed too many 'red wine' calories....but other than that my diet is pretty good. I gained weight because I have sedentary job. So cutting back a bit on portions and keeping the red wine to weekend indulgences only is all I could do diet-wise. Other than that, it's all about exercise for me....good thing I love it!!

Mary
- Keeping my eye on the prize and weigh day does help to motivate me too. Checking in here also I believe has been a huge part of my motivation!

Becca - I know! I can't believe it's already the end of March! I set up some targets for myself back in September when I started the whole weight loss thing I check back to it every month to see if I'm close to that target. I had a bad month last month and the next March target seemed so far away...but alas here we are only 2 days away from out last March weigh in....and I'm nowhere near that target...oh well...still doing my best
Old 03-26-2014, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, glad to hear your massage was good for you. That's something I'd like to do one day.

Mern, congratulations on the weight loss!

Jenn, Hope you manage to get away for some me time. That sounds heavenly!

I got back my blood test results already. Cholesterol, triglycerides, both normal. HDL a tad low, LDL pretty high . But get this...A1C...drum roll please...5.8!!! Doc said I can cut my Metformin to half everyday and just take one pill. I'm sooooo excited about that. Yea me!

I'm not sure what I need to do to change my HDL and LDL. Anyone know?
Old 03-26-2014, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

That's great Jenai!

Goals--had soup and salad for lunch so had 3 veg and one fruit today. Probably just on for carbs. Don't think I'll get the water in today (had mid-afternoon coffee). Was up and down the stairs many times with laundry and lugged out 2 bags of garbage, and 2 blue boxes. Oh walking around grocery store would count too. Not as bad as I thought!

Jenn
Old 03-26-2014, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

Going to bed with satisfaction....and extreme fatigue! I swear I never stop between a full time job, two kids and trying to fit in time to take care of myself. So tired tonight! I had another awesome day though...so happy about that!

Keep calories under 1200 daily - Mon - yes, Tues - yes, Wed - yes
Burn a minimum of 500 calories daily - Mon - yes, Tues - yes, Wed - yes
Drink 96 oz. water daily - Mon - yes, Tues - yes, Wed - yes

Jenn - Good job getting in some fruits and veg!

Jenai - That's awesome that you got good news from the doctor! As far as changing your you LBL/HDL numbers, you should probably ask your doc...but if that's not an option, you can find so much information just by Googling.

Good night all!
Old 03-26-2014, 02:29 PM
FitDay Member

evening all. I made it through work today without cake or cookies. I brought dinner home tonight- Wal-Marts bbq bonless wings and strawberry parfait jello( really wanted those cookies). Mern it was the green house not my house that I had to repair the rook on.
All in all I did ok today. I got my water in and ate my apple I took to work today instead of leaving it in the lunch tote to go bad.
Head is bothering me a bit so I need to get off the computer.
Conagrates on the big lose Mern.
Nyda
Old 03-27-2014, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Another quiet day around here Started my day strong again...today was legs and glutes day. Another awesome workout! I read a quote this morning that I thought was motivating...and of course I thought I should share it!

Be stronger than your strongest excuse

We all know what it takes to lose the weight.....most of us have done this more than once. Making up excuses for yourself will get you nowhere but a ticket straight to 'Excuseville'! I plan on making today count...how about you?
Old 03-27-2014, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all. I'm just starting to feel normal again and recovering from my cold. I haven't been able to do my cardio as my lungs are so congested but this week I will attempt a second weight lifting class this a.m.

I've been eating only 800 calories or so while my excercise has been so limited and have been surprised that the scales are still going down. Was down another pound this a.m. woot!!! 189.5 lbs

I am off to the gym. I hope to catch up more and chat when I get back.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

We are just starting to get dug out after 53cms of snow yesterday!! They are just putting the plows back on the roads after pulling them off yesterday afternoon.

My weight loss is at a standstill and I am VERY frustrated! I know I set a tough goal of 20 pounds in 4 weeks, but I was on par to make it! But, I have stalled at last week's weight. I know now is not the time to quit, but I wanna cry

Oh well, onward through this. 36 pounds gone since January 10, the plateau was bound to happen!
Old 03-27-2014, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

I love the quote Debbie!

My scale has been going up. I was down to 256.6 the other day, and this morning I was at 259. My calories since Sunday have been 1450, 1157, 758, and 1478. I'm staying within my goal for the most part (1200-1400 is the target), so I don't understand why I am going up. Sodium maybe? That could be it. My tuna casserole was kind of high in sodium. Last night I made an amazing vegetarian enchilada casserole, but I'm wondering if the enchilada sauce had a lot of sodium? That's the only thing I can figure. Is there anything else that could make the scale go up even though I'm staying on target? A little frustrating and confusing.

I introduced my kids to a new vegetable last night...zucchini. I had it with my tuna the other day, but they didn't have it then with me, so it was new for them. I sauteed it with onion, red bell pepper, garlic, jalapenos, and summer squash before baking it in the enchilada casserole. Although it was too spicy for my son's liking overall, he picked out and ate all the zucchini and said how delicious they were. Score! I'm so lucky that my family enjoys new things and aren't picky eaters!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.