Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th

Old 03-24-2014, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, what did you put in the salad?
Old 03-24-2014, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

I just wanted to post that my "Tuna Noodle Casserole Makeover" was a smashing success! All I did was replace the egg noodles with spiralized "spaghetti" zucchini and Mexican squash. It was FANTASTIC. Great texture, the flavor was amazing. So proud of myself for thinking outside the box on one of my favorite dinners and working in some veggies to boot. I have a recipe for home made "cream of something soup" to replace the canned cream of mushroom, but I didn't use it tonight so it was still kinda high in calories. But I got to eat way more than if it was pasta.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:43 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- here are my goals for this week.

1. Gym 4x this week- M/Y
2. Drink 5 glasses water per day-- M/N
3. Stay under 1200 cal per day-- M/Y
4. Lost at least 1 lb by Friday

Jenai- I am wondering about that Tuna Casserole recipe if you have it?
Old 03-24-2014, 06:37 PM
FitDay Member

Aimee, I'll post it under the Food/Recipe board for you.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

I have been in a creative mood lately and I am making a quilted purse without a pattern. I get these great ideas and I don't think them through so nothing fits so I have to make a lot of adjustments. It can be very frustrating. I hope I love it when its done. I have been off my diet and not exercising and I feel awful. My body aches and my mind is cloudy. Today I am getting back to exercise and eating well.
Goals for the week
Exercise 3X
Eat more fruits and veg
Drink 6 glasses of water
Finish my purse

Congrats Debbie for reaching your goal.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Started my day with determination...now to keep that mindset all day! I woke up and did my regular 40 minutes of interval training. Today's focus was biceps, triceps and shoulders. An awesome workout! I'll be doing some extra this evening to hit my daily 500 calorie burn goal.

Jenn - My salad was very simple, but very yummy! I started with a plate of romaine lettuce, topped it with 4 oz of grilled skinless boneless chicken (still warm), fresh tomato, 1 oz of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (to replace sour cream) and 1/4 cup salsa. No dressing needed! The sour cream and salsa gave it lots of flavour. I topped the whole meal off with 1/2 toasted corn totilla that I cut into thin strips and toasted in a cast iron pan...it gave the salad some crunch.

Jenai - your recipe makeover sounds interesting! A great way to get in more veg! I posted in the recipe section...what were the quantities you used for the single serving and what were the nutrition counts?

Aimee
- Good solid goals for the week!

Libby - Glad to see your post! You've planned some good solid goals for the week too! I know you felt very disappointed last week, so I'm glad to see you've got some motivation back and your moving forward. I'm not sure if I've reached my goal....I'm no longer exactly sure what my goal is...I'm just going to give it my all until Easter (hopefully I can get closer to 114 lbs....my original goal) and then learn how to maintain at that point. Wish me luck!

Hope you all have a fantastic day and keep your eye on the prize!
Old 03-25-2014, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

A beautiful winters day - hard to believe Christmas was 3 months ago. I was going to say only 9 months away but that's way to depressing for those of us covered in snow. My weight is going back down. feeling motivated re diet - not so much re exercise. I may go to the Y and just walk later. Too busy to sneak out for aqua fit.

Goal for today Calories below 1500, walk a mile
Old 03-25-2014, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

I can finally check of my to-do list my request from my health coach. I got set up with a new doctor by my new house today. His scale showed me at a few oz less than my scale. I got my blood drawn for my cholesterol and A1C, so I should have the results of those back in a few days. My blood pressure was good, too. Feeling good about getting that out of the way.

Libby, hope your purse turns out as pretty as you imagine it. It's amazing how much we notice the changes in our bodies when we go from living healthy to not. Hope you can get yourself feeling good again quickly.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Kenl, welcome.

Mary, do not invite the Christmas snow back! LOL What's funny is that as I type this, we are having a light snowfall, but it's not sticking. Nice, simple goals you have today!

Bea, What a wonderful job you're doing! Quite a loss since your start of 2/28!

Debbie, you certainly had a lot of pep and determination yesterday! Oh, my, you put me to shame with your exercise. You should be really proud of yourself--and your scale is showing how hard you've worked. Great job on the calorie management, too! My stew did turn out yummy. It was just a dump and taste--no real recipe. The sauce thinned out a little more than I intended. The solution is simple: next time drain the cooked veggies more thoroughly before combining with the chicken and Classico Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo sauce. But DH said it was just fine the way it was and it's a keeper. Oh, yum, chicken taco salad sounds yummy! I don't have any more chicken, but I may add some Southwestern seasoning to some leftover chicken stew and sprinkle on some cheese and sour cream.

Jenn, don't forget to give yourself credit for the things you DID accomplish. Kudos on the water and best wishes on the stress management. Big hug to ya!

Jenai, kudos on your tuna casserole makeover. Wow, that's really thinking outside the box. My Mom always added peas to tuna casserole, but I found it yummy to use broccoli or green beans to save carbs. I wish DH liked cooked squash and zucchini. He likes them only in baked goods. I hope you're enjoying your new house. Kudos on your bp being good and best wishes on your other test results. I'm going tomorrow for my routine labs. Let us know how yours came out. How do you like your new doctor?

Aimee, you're showing a really nice loss since 1/15! Congratulations!

Libby, best wishes on the purse--I've seen some really pretty ones in stores. Also best wishes on getting back to eating on plan and exercising. It really does make a difference in energy and clarity of thinking. I can tell the difference when I'm off track, too.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

do not invite the Christmas snow back!
I live on the east coast of Canada, we are expecting 30-40cms of snow and winds gusting at 100km/h+ tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! GAH - top that up with a forecast of 25-35cm MORE! coming on Sunday... we may see spring on July 32nd!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.