Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th >

Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th

Old 03-29-2014, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

My non-scale victories today:

1. DH wanted chicken livers for dinner tonight. When I looked at the label and saw the cholesterol content is over 400mg. for one serving, I got them for him and did cook them for his dinner, but made myself tuna salad.

2. Decided to aim for 2 meatless days a week, replacing the meat with zero cholesterol egg substitute, beans, and veggies. I'm going to look for recipes that I can eat as a main dish, but DH can eat as a side dish along with his meat.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:11 AM
FitDay Member

Wow Mern you are chatty Kathy today!!
I had a short walk today to library and bank and some exercise picking up (shovelling) dog poop off front lawn. BIG YUCK!!

Jenn
Old 03-29-2014, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, my teenage daughter is vegetarian, so I'm used to making meatless meals. I would pm you some of my recipes I use for her, but I'm not sure what all your diet restrictions for yourself are. We all eat meatless at least once or twice a week, and my carnivorous dh doesn't even mind.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, one more thing. If you Pinterest, just search something like "vegetarian recipes" and you'll get a ton of great ideas.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

Jenn, Chatty Kathy was in when I was a kid. My little sister had one of those dolls where you pulled the string and Kathy said something. LOL Kudos on your walk and er, uhm shoveling. I don't miss that part of dog ownership.

Jenai, my dietary guidelines are low saturated fat, low cholesterol, 25g net carbs per entire day. I can eat only non-starchy veggies and my fruits are any kind of berries except grapes, and any kind of melon except watermelon. I can adapt many recipes. I can't do rice or couscous, but for pasta I can use Dreamfields brand low net effective carb stuff. I posted a vegetarian taco recipe in Food Talk today. It was really yummy. I'd appreciate any recipes you'd like to share. I'm thinking about opening a Vegetarian Thread in Food Talk. Thanks--I do have a Pinterest account. I just stopped to log on and was happy to see so many.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:07 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all. I had bad start to the day. Migrain woke me up about 4 this morning. I got up and took meds and went back to sleep. I was very sleepy this morning so my sister drove. We walked all over the quilt show and then then home show. It was the collage and went had a big ramp down and then back up. It was hard on the hips,but I made it with out stopping. Met our brothers there and went to late lunch the 4 of us. I have to bits of good news. I lost 1.5lbs lst week and my sister got a job. We have 2 wal-marts in our town. I work in the bakery in one and my sister will be working in the bakery in the other one. How strange is that.
Bea little victorys add up to major accomplishments.
Libby so sorry to hear that you are not well. Reactions to drugs are not fun.
Mern and Bea thank you for the info about flax seeds. I bought the flax meal so am ok.
Nyda
Old 03-29-2014, 08:31 PM
FitDay Member

I am up prior to "Dawn's ass crack", having a coffee to wake up before heading to the gym. Anyone else find this time the most peaceful time of day? It's 5:30am here, and I have been up for 45 minutes. I am an early morning person, I become incoherent by 9:30 in the evening
Old 03-29-2014, 10:39 PM
FitDay Member

Nyda, congrats on the loss! Sounds like you had a busy day with lots of walking. Glad you had a good time with your sister and lunch with your brothers.

Bea, I'm not typically a morning person, but sometimes when I have insomnia or interrupted sleep I'm up at 4:30 or 5:00. It is peaceful at that time of day. So quiet. Enjoy your morning!

Mern, You have a lot of restrictions and I don't know if my recipes will be any good for you or not. But, I'll work on posting them later today and you can modify them any way you need to so they might work for you after modifications. I modify recipes all the time, and I find I like them better after my own touches. So maybe that will work for you too. Keep your eyes posted in the Food section.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning Bea I am usually up early as I like to do a 40 minute infrared sauna first thing in the morning. I do about 25 minutes of stretching yoga while waiting for it to warm up. This means I need about 2 hours before being able to leave for work.

I am disappointed with my loss for March however my clothes fit better and my measurements show an inch off each area. Maybe April will see the scales go down more. I also ate some frozen foods yesterday which likely accounts for a 1 pound gain since yesterday morning.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Nyda, oh, that's great that you bought the flaxmeal so you won't have to grind it. Congrats on your weight loss last week--especially with working in a bakery! How fun that your sister also works in a bakery. My father was a baker in the US Army and worked in a bakery in Cincinnati, Ohio for a while after WWII. He made the best doughnuts and bread for us when we were kids. Do you know what causes your migraines in the wee hours of the morning? I know there are many causes, but since you were traveling, could it be that you didn't get in enough water? I ask that only because my grandkids doc said dehydration can bring on migraines. She sent a note to school that it was medically necessary for them to carry water bottles with them at all times and that they be allowed to drink water in class. I, too, find walking hard on the hips, especially uphill. Kudos on making it without stopping! How many brothers and sisters do you have?

Bea, when my kids were young, they woke up about 8AM but I got up at 6AM just to have some quality ME time. "...incoherent by 9:30 in the evening." That reminds me of the quote "Early to bed, early to rise--makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." Doesn't that work for women, too? A good night's sleep is healthful and wise, but I haven't seen the money yet. Have you? LOL

Jenai, thanks so much for your help with vegetarian dishes. Because of my dietary restrictions, I adapt MOST recipes I find and I'm pretty good at it. That's great to post them in Food Talk rather than in a PM to me because there may be many others who will enjoy them was well. I'll keep my eyes posted to catch your recipes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.