Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th >

Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th

Old 03-27-2014, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

Wow Bea that is crazy! Glad to see you back today.
Stepped on the scale this morning and I'm the same. I know I have to up the exercise since I have been eating well. Frustrating because I wanted to be down before going to Dr. It's still another month before I go to see dietician, guess I'll have to write some stuff down to discuss.

Jenn
Old 03-27-2014, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Stick with it Simplybea and the pounds will start to leave again. 36 pounds since Jan is great! All sots of things cause us to stall but if we are eating less than we are burning the weight will go off. I find after a plateau or gain I usually have a good loss - or as Mern would say a "Whoosh" Stay on track and look forward to the whoosh. Most weight loss graphs are not straight.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Wow SimplyBea- 36 lbs since Jan? That's amazing. I'm sorry you've stalled, but I'm sure things will get going again soon. Just stick with it.

I just calculated how much I've lost and I've lost 15 lbs since January.

Also, I was wondering if anyone's explored the 5:2 diet- also called the Fast Diet. Basically, from what I'm reading you eat fairly normally on 5 days a week and then on two days of the week (can be spread out, don't have to be back-to-back) you eat only 500 calories. A lady on their forum had posted her calorie intake and I thought it was helpful to see an example of how many calories you might eat

Monday- 500 cal
Tues- 1200 cal
Wed- 1200 cal
Thurs- 500 cal
Fri- 1200 cal
Sat- 2000 cal
Sun- 2000 cal

Anyone else try this method of switching up amount of calories with this type of pattern?
Old 03-27-2014, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

500 calories? YIKES! I like food far too much for that! Over the course of the week it averages out to 1228 calories per day, which is pretty reasonable, but I would be a cranky bear for 2 of those days, dividing calories like that!
Old 03-27-2014, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Stick with it Simplybea and the pounds will start to leave again. 36 pounds since Jan is great! All sots of things cause us to stall but if we are eating less than we are burning the weight will go off. I find after a plateau or gain I usually have a good loss - or as Mern would say a "Whoosh" Stay on track and look forward to the whoosh. Most weight loss graphs are not straight.
I couldn't have said it better myself! The only thing I might say different is all weight loss graphs are not straight. Fluctuations are par for the course...Bea you're doing fantastic!!! Keep doing what you're doing!!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by aimeet_1
Wow SimplyBea- 36 lbs since Jan? That's amazing. I'm sorry you've stalled, but I'm sure things will get going again soon. Just stick with it.

I just calculated how much I've lost and I've lost 15 lbs since January.

Also, I was wondering if anyone's explored the 5:2 diet- also called the Fast Diet. Basically, from what I'm reading you eat fairly normally on 5 days a week and then on two days of the week (can be spread out, don't have to be back-to-back) you eat only 500 calories. A lady on their forum had posted her calorie intake and I thought it was helpful to see an example of how many calories you might eat

Monday- 500 cal
Tues- 1200 cal
Wed- 1200 cal
Thurs- 500 cal
Fri- 1200 cal
Sat- 2000 cal
Sun- 2000 cal

Anyone else try this method of switching up amount of calories with this type of pattern?
Aimee - This is calorie cycling that I posted about a few weeks back. I basically do this naturally...lower during the week and higher on the weekends. I wouldn't say you would lose weight any faster that having a regular daily caloric intake...but what I find helpful is I find it tremendously easier to be disciplined during the week and allow wiggle room for the weekend. This is what I've been doing since September. Darn!! Now I'm wondering why I set up my goals to have a steady caloric intake this week....the weekend is approaching and I know it will be so difficult to stick to!
Old 03-27-2014, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

I'm over by 38 calories today...I don't want to consider this a failure, so I'm changing my 'Keep calories under 1200 daily' goal to 'Maintain 1200 calorie average' after considering I usually vary my calories. Still going strong otherwise! I've burned over 500 calories daily and got in 12 glasses of water daily as well! No small feat!

'Maintain 1200 calorie average - Mon - yes, Tues - yes, Wed - yes, Thurs - Yes
Burn a minimum of 500 calories daily - Mon - yes, Tues - yes, Wed - yes, Thurs - yes
Drink 96 oz. water daily - Mon - yes, Tues - yes, Wed - yes, Thurs - yes
Old 03-27-2014, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

Bea...that's an amazing amount of weight to lose in such a short amount of time! Don't let the scale beat you. Keep doing what you've been doing and I'm sure it will pay off.

Aimee...how do you stay under 800 calories? What does your daily menu look like? I absolutely cannot possibly imagine staying at 500, even if it is just 2 days a week. I'd be a miserable biotch. lol

Debbie...I wouldn't consider 38 calories over a failure either! You're rocking the exercise...over 500 calories burned? Yea you!

I'm not looking forward to tonight. I have to make dinner for everyone and smell and see all the yumminess, but I can't have any. I ate all my calories for today already.

I tried something new today and it was very tasty. I took about 5 oz of frozen peaches and pulverized them in my processor, then added 1/2 C Dannon Light N Fit Vanilla yogurt with about 2 tsp of honey and whipped it up until super smooth and frosty. It was very refreshing and a nice change of pace. And a serving of fruit, which is one of the things I struggle with.

I was so proud of myself when I got off diet soda and went to water, but I've made a decision that I need to start drinking it again. I've become too hooked on full sugar sodas and it's killing my calories and carbs each day. I need to go back on diet until I can get things under control and find my way back to lots of water. The other day I said I was going to put lemon in my water, but I never made it to the store to buy any lemons. I need to remember to do that because that one simple thing just might be the key to change the game.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
Debbie...I wouldn't consider 38 calories over a failure either! You're rocking the exercise...over 500 calories burned? Yea you!
Thanks Jenai! I so much appreciate your words of encouragement!! Thank you!!
Old 03-28-2014, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Have a great Friday everyone. I'm adapting someone's quote for my holidays next week. My mantra will be think about what you can have - not what you can't.

I will be wanting to buy Almond Milk and Protein Powder in the US. Are there any brands anyone would suggest. I figure it can be a staple in my room. My daughter and I are both on a fitness kick so I hope we will motivate each other. Playing blackjack burns calories - right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.