FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread March 17-March 23 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10771-motivational-thread-march-17-march-23-a.html)

Kumochi 03-18-2014 01:57 AM

Calories too many yesterday but not bad. I miss my morning protein shake. I know I could do it however it's hard to do that when breakfast is available. I did avoid the grains. It was interesting to compare my food journal - more calories and carbs and less protein even though I had eggs and sausage.

01gt4.6 03-18-2014 04:09 AM

I ended up getting another workout partner. My buddy I was working out has gone to the gym maybe once or twice in the last month. The rough thing is my new partner (which is my neighbor and his wife) go at the ass crack of dawn, 5:50 am and I'm not the best morning person. We had an insane workout last Thursday, which I'm still sore from. As much as I wanted to sleep in (b/c I always get to be super late), I still went to the gym.

I'll try to make goals for this week, but if nt I still will be around with updates like this.

simplybea 03-18-2014 04:11 AM

"Ass crack of dawn" is my favourite time of day! :) I don't have any friends who appreciate that time of day....

01gt4.6 03-18-2014 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by simplybea (Post 106695)
"Ass crack of dawn" is my favourite time of day! :) I don't have any friends who appreciate that time of day....

It's not too bad if I can get in bed before midnight.:(

libby116 03-18-2014 05:07 AM

I do my best sleeping between 5am and 8am because I am a night owl.
The quinoa box said to rinse the quinoa twice, then add a cup of quinoa to half a liter of boiling water with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and one tsp salt. When it was done I added some crushed garlic and chopped basil.
We left the house this morning to run errands and went to Tim Hortons for
breakfast. I had the biscuit sausage sandwich with egg and cheese which was way too many calories for one meal but it tasted so good. Then I had left over chicken broccoli and quinoa for lunch. If I have a large salad for dinner I should be OK calorie wise for the day. This is not the way I usually eat and not on my diet it . The only way it could have been worse is if I had eaten a doughnut or a muffin which they have plenty of. I need to get some exercise in this afternoon after I clean up the kitchen disaster. Have a good day and I will be back later tonight.

JediMindTricks 03-18-2014 05:09 AM

so far so good...no stops at the drive thru for either soda or food. I bought Atkin's Day Break shakes because they have a ton of protein and fiber, which I'm usually low on. Today it's my brunch. They are so sickenly sweet though. Too much! I mixed in a cup of milk and that really toned it down. yesterday I made a smoothie with the shake, banana, almond milk and a Tbsp of PB2. It was really good, but the calories sure did add up fast. I'll have to be careful with those.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far!

libby116 03-18-2014 06:45 AM

I am giving up on Jump start. In the last 4 days I have been exercising harder
keeping my calories low and nothing is happening on the scale.
Debbie, can you tell me more about calorie cycling? Send me a private message.

simplybea 03-18-2014 06:58 AM

Libby, I am sorry you are stalled, and I certainly admire the dedication to having done this for as long as you did!! But, my heavens that was extreme! I think anyone undertaking those few calories and that much exercise, should be under constant medical supervision!

Every day I looked to see if you posted something, so I knew you were ok! I don't know you, but I was worried, because this 3 weeks is EXTREME.

libby116 03-18-2014 12:27 PM

I am done with jumpstart. In the past 4 days I have gained back 2 pounds.
I need some professional advice. This is killing me.

lildebbieg 03-18-2014 12:43 PM

I sent you a PM Libby. So sorry to hear you're having a tough day! Sending you big hugs!