Notices

Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16

Old 03-12-2014, 10:38 PM
FitDay Member

Jenai, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your son this morning for his surgery.

Kudos to all who did so well yesterday and big hugs of support to those of you who are struggling.

I did well yesterday at the restaurant and had a grilled chicken breadless sandwich with lettuce, tomato, bacon, ranch dressing instead of mayo, and a side of green beans. Dinner was chicken salad on a whole wheat with flax flatbread. I could eat chicken two meals a day, every day. Had a wonderful reunion with two high school classmates--one I hadn't seen in 50 years and the other (we finally nailed that down) I hadn't seen in 43 years. Had such a good visit that we're going to meet for lunch once a month.

I'm babysitting 6 month old granddaughter today and tomorrow so won't be online as much. Stay strong, everyone!

Jenai, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your son this morning for his surgery.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:30 PM
FitDay Member

Jump Start Week 1 Day 7 Weight 167.7
Today I am almost back to square one because my lowest weight this year was 167.4. Even though tomorrow starts week 2 it will be like a new start and the lowest my weight has been for a long time. Now I am digging into old fat and I know it will be harder to lose I am willing to put in the effort and sacrifice to get to my goal.

Jenai, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. Let us know how things went today.

Mern, good job on eating out and seeing old friends. It made me think that I should get in touch with some old friends too. Have a good time with your grand daughter and post when you can.

Debbie, good job on the extra exercise. You are so close to your goal weight and you had a fantastic loss last week. Today is last chance work out. Let's make it count.

As soon as I finish my coffee I am going to do my work out for the morning and hope to get another one in this evening. I walked 5K in 60 min. did crunches and lifted weights. Now I need some food.

Last night I cooked fresh salmon fillets and because the calories are so high
(almost 500) I kept half of it to eat for lunch today. This new way of eating takes planning and preparation but it is helping me to reach my goal.

Have a great day all.

Last edited by libby116; 03-13-2014 at 01:45 AM. Reason: spelling errors.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Started my day off right with a 40 minute interval workout....even after being awake half the night! We got another dump of snow yesterday and the plow showed up at 2 am to plow the lanes on our street. I was awake from that point on...pretty much I forsee a lot of coffee in my near future!

Libby - Last chance workout indeed!!! I don't think I'll be able to top yesterday's workout...possibly ever! 2 hours and 20 minutes of intense exercise...I burned a little over 1200 calories! I think my last chance workout was yesterday, but I'll definitely be getting in a second workout this evening.

Mern - Enjoy your day with your day with your grandbaby!

I had a friend at work (who knows I've been working to lose weight....most people don't even know) comment today saying she can really see the weight loss now. It's nice to hear that it's actually visible to other people now. I'm gettign to the point where I'm happy with how I look...it feels really good to be able to say that!

Have an awesome day my fitday friends!
Old 03-13-2014, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. I've been lurking this week. I'm just making sure i eat healthy and drink lots of water. Did get 20 min exercise today shovelling snow. Hope that is the last time!!!!!! It'ss really cold out too.
Jenn
Old 03-13-2014, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals
1. 3 waters a day at work M: Y, T: Y, W: Y,
2. drink nothing but water M: Y, T: Y, W: had a full calorie pepsi and a friend's house because they had no bottled water or diet drinks
3. some type of fitness 30 mins daily minimum M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, Th: Y,
4. be mindful of what I am eating M: N, T: Y, W: Y,
5. Don't eat what I didn't bring to work unless it's planned or fruit M: one mini kit kat, T: Y, W: Y,

Personal Goals
1. Post here daily M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, Th: Y,
2. Journal my workouts and how they feel M: Y, T: Y, W: N,
3. Take a picture of something beautiful once this week and post it

Sorry I've been mostly lurking this week. I see some awesome energy & progress in the posts though and it keeps me somewhat motivated. Right now I am so hungry I could eat my fist and also so tired I could just fall asleep at my desk. I have a feeling the hungry is so that I am doing something to not be so tired. Not true hunger. That is a long time habit that needs to go!

Stayed in bed a little extra this morning so only go to work out about 20-25 minutes. But I am taking it as a yes simply because today is a non-work day for hubby and it's darn near impossible for me to drag myself out of bed just to workout when I could still be sleeping. I love my sleep and lately only 4-5 hrs a night isn't cutting it for me.

Mike? Mike? Where are you???
Old 03-13-2014, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

1) 3l water yes, yes, yes
2) workout 3 times 0, 0,1
3) walk 3 miles 0, 0, 0
4) 3 fruits and veggies no,yes, yes
Old 03-13-2014, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Stayed in bed a little extra this morning so only go to work out about 20-25 minutes. But I am taking it as a yes...
You should most definitely take this as a yes! You did get up and you did do a work out....anything is better than nothing and 25 minutes is a decent amount of time to exercise! Great job! Keep it up!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

I'm lurking this week as well. I had forgotten how hard raising kids is. 2 days was enough for me. I'm happy to be back at work. I have a long drive today however driving is my best time for meditating. keep up the good work. I won't be able to weight in till this weekend.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Weighing in tomorrow here at work. Hoping to show some improvement. I've been tempted to peek this week but have withheld because I knew I had eaten or drank and it wouldn't be a clean weigh in like I like to have.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

You get what you work for, not what you wish for.

I hope we're all working and not wishing! Regardless of what the scale says tomorrow (or your weigh day), what really matters is if in your heart you know you've worked it this week I'm off to do my last chance workout! 30 minute treadmill run followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical

1. Track calories M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, T - yes
2. Exercise 7x (scheduled morning 40 min interval workout) M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, T - yes
3. Do doubles (second workout...anything goes) 4x M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, T - yes
4. Drink 3 litres of water daily M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, T - yes
5. No alcohol Sun - Thurs M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, T - yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.