Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16 >

Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16

Old 03-11-2014, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! Another good day...well except for the excess amount of goldfish crackers I ate...but I tracked them and stayed within a reasonable number of calories and did an extra hour on the elliptical tonight. Were the goldfish worth all that....not really

1. Track calories M - yes, T - yes
2. Exercise 7x (scheduled morning 40 min interval workout) M - yes, T - yes
3. Do doubles (second workout...anything goes) 4x 1X M - yes, 2x T - yes
4. Drink 3 litres of water daily M - yes, T - yes
5. No alcohol Sun - Thurs M - yes, T - yes

Becca - Hope you were able to make time for a workout.

Libby - Wow! You're really doing so well! Glad to hear all went well with the doc.

Mern - I quit smoking almost 15 years ago. Before I quit smoking, I never worried about my weight...when I quit, I put on close to 20 pounds in a month....that slowly crept up to 30 lbs. and I've been trying to get it off ever since. I've lost it twice but never figured out how to maintain. The cherry cookie dough sounds yummo! Have you tried my cookie dough bite recipe yet in the food section? Soo yummy!

April
- I LOVE plain Greek yogurt too...I top mine with berries. My kids eat it with cinnamon too! I noticed those "Holy Grail of weight loss" ads too....very strange!??!?!

Aimee - If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see "This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread." If you click the 'here' the whole thread will open in a new window so you can read posts further back. It's always good to evaluate to see if/where we can improve, but don't knock the success you've had! I think you're doing very well! You're very close to a 10 lbs loss....that's awesome! I say keep doing what you're doing!

Jenn - Had to chuckle at your "white coat syndrome" comment

Mike - Glad to hear you've reduced some stress...always a good thing!

Maldon - Glad you joined us! I too don't have anyone around me who is losing weight...maybe that's how I ended up here. Stick around! You'll find lots of support here if you post!

Julia - I don't think I've welcomed you yet...so welcome!! I too don't enjoy counting calories...in fact I've lost most of the weight this time without counting so I know it can be done! Do what works for you!

Mary - Hope you had a great day!

Good night all....see you tomorrow!
Old 03-11-2014, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Me again I just read a quote that I had to share....I know , I know...me and the quotes!

"One Bad Meal Won't Make You Fat. Just Like One Good Meal Won't Make You Thin."

A great reminder that making change takes time and consistency. Keep up the great work fitday buddies!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:55 PM
FitDay Member

I found this article here on Fitday- thought you esp. Debbie might be interested. How to Break Through Your Fitness Plateau / Fitness
Old 03-11-2014, 06:10 PM
FitDay Member

I think I need to check in more frequently to keep up with everyone. I have a hard time keeping track with who did what, and I have to take notes before I post. lol

I kept my calories within range again today, but I had another soda. My water hasn't been satisfying my thirst like it had been, and I'm craving the fizzy sweetness. So, I haven't been drinking my goal of 60 oz of water.

I had blackberries again today, but that was it for fruits and vegetables. I haven't gone to Sprout's to do my produce shopping yet. But I'm planning on making an Asian cabbage salad tomorrow for lunch. And I think we might have asparagus for dinner. Tomorrow will hopefully be better.

Even though I haven't been doing well on my fruits & veggies, I have been doing really pretty good on my fiber. I have also been doing good most of the time on my protein. I just barely hit my minimum today.

I am really feeling the effects of working out with a higher intensity last night. And I have noticed that a lot of you had said you worked out more vigorously. Guess everyone has taken it to heart what Bob said in the DVD about worker harder rather than longer.

I have to get up early tomorrow morning and get my son to pre-op by 7:30 and his surgery is scheduled for 9:30. It will be a long wait so I am going to make sure to eat a good size bowl of oatmeal to keep me full so I don't hit any vending machines at the hospital.

Julia: Sorry about the root canal. I'm in the middle of having a ton of dental work done, and I had a root canal a couple weeks ago too. Oh how I hate the dentist! And I also tend to sabotage my day when I have "extra calories to spare". I hate that I do that. If you come up with ideas on how to get over that I'd like to hear.

Debbie: You're doing so good keeping your goals green! An hour on the elliptical? Wow! I see people doing that at the gym and it looks so hard. I'm afraid to try it. What do you do to keep from getting bored while on the machine?

Mern: Girl Scout cookies...yum! My daughter bought some with her own money and gave me 4 thin mints. I've had to resist the tables outside the grocery stores because I eat them by the box. A box is a serving, right? lol Your almond chicken recipe looks really good! I'm going to have to try it. I made a chicken once with a pecan crust and it was tasty too.

Libby: Glad to hear all your test results were so good! And you're down another 1.4 lbs? Good for you! You'll hit that Easter goal in no time at this rate. I truly don't know how you stay under 800 calories. What does a day's menu look like?

April: Yeah, what's up with those Holy Grail of Weight Loss ads?? Some of those do look disgusting and I can't figure out what they are. There was a picture of one today that you don't even want to know what I thought it looked like. lol I'm so curious I want to click on them, but I fight the temptation because I know it's just a bunch of crap.

Aimee: 50 minutes on the elliptical is amazing! Just like I asked Debbie, how do you keep from getting bored being on the machine so long?

Mike: Glad you got some stress relieved, and congrats on the sale.

Maldon: If I didn't say hello yet, hi! Welcome aboard!

whew! I think I got everyone, but if I missed you I'm sorry. I'm going to check in more often so it's not so overwhelming commenting on everyone. Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!
Old 03-12-2014, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

I'm really looking forward to 11:00 today. I'm meeting with two high school classmates--one I haven't seen in 50 years and the other in 44-45 years. (Our high school class has never had a reunion.) We were friends in high school and drifted apart. I got to thinking about them and found one through Facebook and another through Googling her name on the Internet and finding her address and phone number. We all live within 45 minutes of each other so are meeting at a restaurant for lunch. I already went online to the restaurant menu and chose my meal--grilled chicken, green beans, and either cole slaw or tossed salad with ranch dressing, depending on whether there is any sugar in the cole slaw.

Libby, I'm rooting for you. You know we all are glad Jump Start is for such a short time, though. I hope you make your Easter goal and are able to keep off all 20 lbs.

Becca, kudos on the good lunch. Stay strong!

Debbie, I can "legally" eat whatever I want as long as I stay within the limitations doc and I set together for daily calories, net carbs, dietary cholesterol, and sat fat. Glad you enjoyed your Goldfish crackers. Kudos on the exercise!!! I first quit smoking 14 years ago but did some stress related smoking for about 5 months when I learned my sister was dying. I quit again and have been clean for another 7 years. So I just really count it as having quit seven years ago. I put on a total of 45 lbs. from quitting smoking--quitting slows down metabolism. Not fair!!! I'll have to go look at the cookie dough bite recipe. What a great quote about just one good or bad meal!

Jenai, I can't keep up with everyone, either. We get awfully yacky sometimes. Many times I just have time to skim the posts and try to catch if someone addressed me personally. Congrats on staying within your calorie range yesterday. Wish I could help you with the fizzy cravings. Great job working on the fruits and veggies. Asparagus is one of my faves. I hope you're not too sore from working out more vigorously. I don't work out nearly as long as you, but after working out more vigorously I'm finding I have more energy--it may just be psychological. Wow, watch it! You have generous servings of Girl Scout cookies! I thought a serving of Thin Mints is HALF a box--just ONE SLEEVE and that a serving of Trefoils is only HALF A SLEEVE! LOL I don't know that I had chicken with a pecan crust but that sounds yummy, too. I had fish dredged in beaten egg and then in a mixture of finely ground pecans and Parmesan cheese and really enjoyed it. Sending prayers and best wishes regarding your son's surgery.

Last edited by Mern; 03-12-2014 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Wow I missed a lot of action yesterday! I am looking after 2 of my grandchildren till tomorrow. March break up here. I forgot how easily I am tempted when I have certain foods in the house. I have to get back to cutting out wheat as my appetite is increasing since allowing myself some. I plan on taking them swimming today so that will burn off a bit. Have a great Wed everyone. I'm off to make gluten free pancakes.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Mern I hope you have so much fun with your friends!!! You have quite a lot of catching up to do. Good for you choosing your lunch ahead of time. And, yeah, when I open a box of Girl Scout cookies, I can't seem to stop. So I don't buy them. it's safer that way.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Don't let the scale dictate your mood.

This was for me as much as it is for you.
I was fine until I stepped on the scale this morning and then every thing went down hill. Instead of my usual 1 pound drop it was only .2 of a pound. Normally I would think that was great but not this week. On top of that it's snowing again and that didn't help my mood either. I was going to go on a quilting retreat today but the roads are slippery and the retreat was cancelled. I was so bummed out that I went back to bed.
Now that I am up I put on my big girl panties and my running shoes and I am ready to restart my day. You are in charge of your emotions and actions.
Make it a good day.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals
1. 3 waters a day at work M: Y, T: Y,
2. drink nothing but water M: Y, T: Y,
3. some type of fitness 30 mins daily minimum M: Y, T: Y,
4. be mindful of what I am eating M: N, T: Y,
5. Don't eat what I didn't bring to work unless it's planned M: one mini kit kat, T: Y,

Personal Goals
1. Post here daily M: Y, T: Y, W: Y,
2. Journal my workouts and how they feel M: Y, T: Y,
3. Take a picture of something beautiful once this week and post it

So after yesterday's stressful start I didn't get to work out before work. Then last night after dinner I was lounging on the couch and said if I knew it would still be light out that late I could have gone for a walk. My hubby said, you probably still could. Hmmm... so at 7pm I went out for a walk with my beastie. We walked about 45 minutes. Had to cut off the last little loop cuz momma had to pee so bad! LOL

Kickboxing mixed with core exercises this morning for 26 minutes followed by 6 minutes of yoga stretching. Sweated my butt off!

So hungry today. Had my greek yogurt & banana at 8 and 10 like always but still feeling extra hungry so grabbed an apple from the basket.

Well...just got a call that my car is parked in the 'flood zone' here at work. There is a huge dip in the lot that gathers water and it is pouring so I have to go move it!
Old 03-12-2014, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby116
Don't let the scale dictate your mood.

This was for me as much as it is for you.
I was fine until I stepped on the scale this morning and then every thing went down hill. Instead of my usual 1 pound drop it was only .2 of a pound. Normally I would think that was great but not this week. On top of that it's snowing again and that didn't help my mood either. I was going to go on a quilting retreat today but the roads are slippery and the retreat was cancelled. I was so bummed out that I went back to bed.
Now that I am up I put on my big girl panties and my running shoes and I am ready to restart my day. You are in charge of your emotions and actions.
Make it a good day.
Libby - Whenever you drastically reduce carbs, you'll see a quick loss of water weight. In fact, when you see quick loss from any change to diet it's likely water weight because to lose fat takes more time than losing water....no way around that. You've probably lost the water, so now the scale loss will slow down. This doesn't mean you're not making progress though, so I'm glad you're not letting the scale get to you! I'm sure those big girl panties feel loser today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.