Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16 >

Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16

Old 03-11-2014, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I'm off to a good start today. Even though I was up late and only got 5 hours sleep, I still got up at 4:45 am for my morning workout....so I'm happy about that. I just wish coffee had the alert affect on me...sadly it doesn't?

1. Track calories M - yes
2. Exercise 7x (scheduled morning 40 min interval workout) M - yes, T - yes
3. Do doubles (second workout...anything goes) 4x 1X M - yes
4. Drink 3 litres of water daily M - yes
5. No alcohol Sun - Thurs M - yes

April - Stressful way to start the day! Hope your day turns around.

Have a great day all....I'll check back in a little later.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I am so glad that I followed the suggestion to join this thread, the thoughts here are really inspiring and that's what I need at this moment, esp when I'm having a salad and a bottle of water for lunch and everyone else has such delicious looking foods lol. I posted a new thread yesterday where I explained how I felt discouraged because I was seeing fat around my midsection that was not there before but I am going to continue on my journey based on the support I received from some members. I have no one else around me trying to lose weight so I feel alone on this journey.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

My report for yesterday: "Don't ask, don't tell." Girl Scout cookies in the house and there's no substitute for that. I indulged heavily and have to be honest--I'm not sorry I took a day off from sensible eating. But I'm back on track after my cheat. I haven't yet started my upped exercise intensity. I'll do that today.

I totally agree that an out of school suspension is almost like a reward for bad behavior. So I made sure to teach my fourth grade grandson on his one day suspension that it's more fun to go to school and obey the rules and be respectful than to spend suspension day at Grandma's with only educational TV, educational computer usage, reading, and no friends with whom to socialize at lunch or recess. I told him if there's ever a next time, he'll spend the day only reading a book and writing essays and apologies to be read aloud to the people he disrespected.

I noticed I didn't answer a couple questions: sorry I missed those...

Debbie, for low carb lasagna I use a lower glycemic index pasta, full fat ricotta and pasta sauce with no sugar added. The other ingredients are regular shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and lean ground beef. I love spinach and/or zucchini in my lasagna, but DH doesn't, so I leave it out. (Next time I'll add the veggies to one side of the dish--thanks for bringing up the veggies.) I don't have a recipe--I just add what and however much I like and write down the approximate measurements I used that time. In the US we have a product called Dreamfields pasta. My family can't taste any difference at all between it and full carb pasta. The manufacturing process used gives it a 65% lower glycemic index than regular pasta. I enjoy Dreamfields a couple times a week and just count the "5 digestible carbs" as my net carbs and it seems to have no adverse affects when I have it the night before a fasting blood glucose and A1C test.

Jenai--both the fats and the breading add a lot of calories to breaded fish and chicken. Discouraging, isn't it? I made some yummy chicken strips a couple weeks ago with ground almonds as the coating and DH really liked it. I'll look for that recipe and share it.

Bea, I usually weigh daily but try to not let the daily scale fluctuations bother me. I did see a recommendation that if you weigh daily, at the end of the week use your AVERAGE for that week as your official weight. Personally, I just look for my overall downward trend.

Julia, wishing you a speedy recovery from the root canal.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday I had a huge positive turn in relieving one of my stresses.

1) 3l water yes
2) workout 3 times 0
3) walk 3 miles 0
4) 3 fruits and veggies no
Old 03-11-2014, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Mike Is your 3miles per day or per week?
Old 03-11-2014, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Recipe for almond and Parm coated chicken strips
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...tml#post106458

Maldon, welcome! You should find a lot of support in our group. Be sure to check out the Food Talk forum for some delicious, healthful recipes.

Mike, so glad you found some stress relief.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Mike Is your 3miles per day or per week?
Sorry, it's per week.

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, so glad you found some stress relief.
Thanks. It was a good sale that helped with some money woes. One less thing to stress over now.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

LOL I'm in Heaven! Feels like I'm cheating, but I'm not. I'm eating what tastes like chocolate covered cherry cookie dough. Quite nutritious--I mixed together chocolate protein powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, cherry yogurt (my CarbMasters Dairy Blend that looks and tastes like yogurt) and flaxmeal to taste. It's thick--I could add water but I don't want to.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

I seem to be doing odds and ends posting today...

I read with interest in several places on the Internet just a few minutes ago that cooking stuff with protein powder in it does not destroy the protein. The protein powder likely will stiffen up a bit, though. That accounts for the density of my occasional nuked protein powder cookies that have good flavor but are tough in texture. I don't have a recipe for that--I just dump, taste, and nuke for a minute or so, turning and nuking for an additional few seconds until the bottom is no longer moist looking.

I'm going to go right now and exercise and not come back here until I do.

Last edited by Mern; 03-11-2014 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

I am back from the doctor and all my tests were good. I weighed 3 pounds less on my doctors scale than I did at home. My blood pressure was 100/60
so he changed the blood pressure meds to a lower dosage . I wanted him to take me off it but he had reasons to leave me on it. He said the cholesterol meds would also help with brain function so he won't change that.
All in all he was happy with my test results and said he would see me again in 3 months. That is a big relief to me so now I will just keep doing what I am doing and hope next check up will be better yet.
I didn't get my full work out done this morning so I am going to do another 30 minutes this afternoon. My diet is going well and I am down another 1.4 pound this morning. Whoo Hoo. Have a great day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.