Notices

Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16

Old 03-10-2014, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

Since Friday I have lost 5 pounds and I have changed my Jump Start
Goal and my Easter Goal.
Debbie, your new quote is so appropriate. I am working out harder and following the diet plan as close as possible and best of all, it's working. I can't wait till Friday weigh-in. Tomorrow I want to say good bye to the 170's forever.
I would recommend Jump Start to any one who has just a few pounds to lose or has been stuck for a while. Let's all have a GREAT DAY.

Post calories:
Post exercise:
8 glasses of water:
Work on quilting:

Last edited by libby116; 03-10-2014 at 03:12 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Kathy - Thanks for editing my post

Mike - Guess I was real sleepy this morning...must be the time change

Libby - Your enthusiasm is infectious!!! 5 lbs. down already! That's incredible! K, now I'm really considering picking up this book! Are you following his meal plan as close as possible or just following the guidlines of 40/40/20?
Old 03-10-2014, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Mike - Guess I was real sleepy this morning...must be the time change
I know the feeling. I'm dragging ass today.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Maldon, welcome!

Mike, hi. Best wishes on your simple goals. I'm going to post simple ones, too.

Debbie, thanks for the quote and pep talk. You are so right! Because I'm such a slow loser, I'm going to have to work really hard to lose 5 more pounds in the next 18 days for my weigh-in at the doc's office on March 28. My exercise DVD instructor says one can get better effects by exercising the same number of minutes but more vigorously, so I'm going to try that this week. Using the scale as a general gauge and not as a DAILY indication of gain or loss is smart. That's why the Friday weigh-in thread is of help to me--my scale fluctuates a lot, but I'm still showing a downward trend on a week-by-week basis.

Mary, you are right, too, that it's not the failures that count but getting back on track as soon as possible and not quitting. I love your simple goals for the week.

LOL--I thought my 28 day bootcamp DVD meant I had to exercise 28 days in a row, but I took off Saturday because I felt I needed a break. Looking at it again yesterday, I learned I have to exercise only 20 out of the 28 days--that's an average of five days a week.

My goals this week:
Eat on plan and log food daily
at least 48 oz. water
Exercise 5 days, but a little more vigorously
Old 03-10-2014, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

I really like the quote of the week and also what Mary said about not quitting.

Libby: Yay for you! That's incredible! That Jump Start program is really working for you! Keep up the great work.

My goals are:
more (meaning any) fruits and vegetables each day
stay within goal range of 1200-1400 calories per day
drink at least 60 oz of water
exercise at least 3 times (usually m,w,f)

My son has asked me several times to do the circuit 2x at the gym. But I like what Mern's DVD says about working out more vigorously rather than longer. I will also work on that when I go to the gym. I'll try to increase either the reps or the weight (or both) and work on a more difficult type of step during the cardio. I usually do a toe tap on the step--not quite a high knee or a step up, but a good starting point for me having not exercised in 20 years. So I think I will try high knees this week and see how it goes.

Thanks to all of you for such great enthusiasm and motivation!
Old 03-10-2014, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Jedi, not that "misery loves company," but I'm glad to have a buddy trying to add more vigor to his/her exercise this week rather than adding more minutes. Good experiment to see how that advice works for us.

Arggghhh! 4th grade grandson is putting a dent in my plans. He's home with me on a one day suspension because of sassing his teacher and continuing even after she corrected him. I don't know what got into him! But he was looking forward to spending the day at my house instead of at school until I told him today at my house he can: play only educational computer games, watch only educational programs on TV, read a book, write a paper on why it is wrong to talk disrespectfully to his teachers, parents, fellow students, and caregivers. I think he'd rather be at school. LOL
Old 03-10-2014, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, way to go for not giving him a vacation day off!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

My doctor said this to me. Exercise every day that you breath. Since Friday I have been walking on the treadmill for a minimum of 45 minutes. I drink 8 glasses of water plus one coffee in the morning and two cups of green tea in the evening. I eat more fruits and vegetables than I did and cut out processed meat. Some of the recipes look good and I am going to try them. I am not to strict about the rules (40/40/20) except for no starchy carbs after breakfast and try to keep calories under 1000 a day. It is a strick diet but it is only for 3 weeks. I am loving the results.

Google Bob Harper on youtube and you will find some of his recipes.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai, what a pretty name! Where do you live? Can I send my grandson to you? Watch for the FedEx truck. LOL

Libby, you are so dedicated! What a role model! I'll look at Bob's recipes to see if there's any I want to try. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

Starting a new week with enthusiasm and positive attitude! I like it!

My legs are still very sore from Saturday's walk with the beasty. LOL. I did yoga/pilates/cardio this morning for 32mins. Already got my 3 waters drank and need a 4th one. Had a yearly gyno appt today. Yuck! And yes, Mike, I will be overdressed at Walmart tonight but I'm just not a pajamas & sweatshirts in public kind of gal. Haha!

Health / Fitness Goals
1. 3 waters a day at work
2. drink nothing but water
3. some type of fitness 30 mins daily minimum
4. be mindful of what I am eating
5. Don't eat what I didn't bring to work unless it's planned

Personal Goals
1. Post here daily
2. Journal my workouts and how they feel
3. Take a picture of something beautiful once this week and post it

Mern ... good for you for not letting him just have a day off to lounge around and do what he wants. Kids will be so mad at you for it but they need those boundaries. ... Believe me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.