Community
Notices

Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16

Old 03-10-2014, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

I'm lovin' the energy here this week!!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not feeling so strong today. By the time I got to 45 minutes on the treadmill I was wiped. I know what I am making for supper so I just totaled up my calories for the day. This is the first day I was under 800 Whoo Hoo.
It can be done. I need to make a grocery list to get some good food back in the house. I hope every one had a good day. It takes effort but it's worth it.
Tomorrow I see my doctor about my blood tests. I will let you know how it went.

Post calories: 798
Post exercise: 3.6K 45min
8 glasses of water: M-Y
Work on quilting: Yes
Old 03-10-2014, 08:56 AM
FitDay Member

We are starting off the week with a bang. Lets keep the fire burning.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:47 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you as always for the wonderful quote to get us started Debbie.

Here are my goals for this week:

1. Drink 5 glasses of water per day & 1-2 glasses of green tea - M/y
2. Workout 5-6 x per week- M/y
3. Increase protein/lower carbs - M/Y
4. Eat 4-5 meals per day -- M/y
5. Lose 1-2 lbs for Friday's weighin
Old 03-10-2014, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Checking back in to report on how I did today

1. Track calories M - yes
2. Exercise 7x (scheduled morning 40 min interval workout) M - yes
3. Do doubles (second workout...anything goes) 4x 1X M - yes
4. Drink 3 litres of water daily M - yes
5. No alcohol Sun - Thurs M - yes

So it was a good start to the week for me.....but it's not really the start of the week when weigh day is only 3 days away!

Aimee - Glad you liked the quote. I try to find a good quote that motivates and sets the tone for the week. You've got some good goals this week and I see you're off to a good start!

Libby - Going low on calories may make you feel a little sluggish. Just listen to your body and do what you need to. I kept my calories super low today as well and was very close to 40/40/20. This is what I normally do...keep the calories low during the week to make room for a little indulgence on the weekends

April - You have some great looking goals too this week! Daily exercise is a great goal!

Mern and Jenai - Looking forward to hear how upping the intensity works out. I can vouche that upping the intensity certainly yields better results...at least it has helped me!

Mike
- Are you getting extra beauty sleep tonight so you're not dragging ass again tomorrow! You're funny....thanks for the laugh!

Good night all....
Old 03-10-2014, 04:11 PM
FitDay Member

I did fairly well today.

more (meaning any) fruits and vegetables each day M: Y (blackberries and tomatoes)
stay within goal range of 1200-1400 calories per day M: Y
drink at least 60 oz of water M: Not yet, but the night isn't completely over
exercise at least 3 times (usually m,w,f) M: Y

I increased my intensity first of all. I didn't go up in weights, but I increased the number of reps and really pushed myself to go hard for the whole minute. And, I did a combination of toe taps on the step along with high knees. Wow! What a difference! I started with 10 taps and then 3 high knees with each one, 10 more steps, etc. Then I started doing 5 high knees and then I reduced the number of toe taps in between the high knees. I did not make it the entire circuit doing the high knees, though. I made it about half way around and then my legs felt like (and still feel like) Jello.

We are going to try to get to the gym tomorrow night because my son is having surgery on his leg on Wednesday. He won't be able to go with me for a week at least, so I'll have to be really strict with myself and not slack off while he's recovering.

Made an amazing dinner tonight. The whole family ate ALL of it. I was hoping for leftovers to have for lunch for a day or two. Nope. Not even a spoon of it left. I put it in the Food section if you'd like to take a look.

btw, thank you for the compliment, Mern.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

Oh my goodness,this time change is not making for easy 6:00am gym times! But I got there this morning!

I overslept yesterday, so went swimming last night. I overslept again today but managed to get my workout in and still have a few minutes before I have to sign into work (working from home is the bees knees!). This week I am on a 9am shift, so the gym has to be done early.

I am being quite successful since I decided to work on my weight (again), but I find I am pretty obsessed with the scale. How do you guys wait to weigh yourselves weekly? I know it is not recommended, but I weigh daily.

Bea
Old 03-11-2014, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys, it's great to read all the motivation. After an urgent and excruciating root canal I made some bad choices for soft comfort food. Every day is a new day filled with hope. I love how honest everyone is about their eating ... So refreshing and makes me feel like everyone here is genuine and speaks only truth. It's been drivin me crazy too tracking the calories and I do sabotage myself when I have 'spare' calories ... I plan to persevere ! Have a great week everyone !
Julia
Old 03-11-2014, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Wow It's great the way it's getting busy here.

Way to go Mern with the grandkid. I always though a suspension was almost a reward for bad behaviour.

Keep up the good work everyone.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals
1. 3 waters a day at work M: Y,
2. drink nothing but water M: Y,
3. some type of fitness 30 mins daily minimum M: Y,
4. be mindful of what I am eating M: N,
5. Don't eat what I didn't bring to work unless it's planned M: one mini kit kat,

Personal Goals
1. Post here daily M: Y, T: Y,
2. Journal my workouts and how they feel M: Y,
3. Take a picture of something beautiful once this week and post it

Yesterday was fine at work except one mini kit kat bar but last night at home was not stellar. I made brocolli potato soup. Sounds good right? It was delicious and fairly healthy except the cheese. However, I ate way to much fresh bread with it and followed that later with a few snacks. It just wasn't a good food night.

This morning hubby must have turned off his alarm without waking me up and we woke up at 6:10! He is to be at work at 6. Needless to say, I didn't get to work out this morning because I usually get started at 6:10-6:20 so I can be done by the time the kids are out of the bathroom at 7 to get ready for my work day. It's all scheduled and when one thing gets out of place, the rest come undone. I'm hoping to get my exercise in tonight. I have an eye appt at 4:15 and I may be able to get it done before dinner if the appt doesn't take too long.

Bea ... My scale was doing weird stuff, telling me weights ten pounds different from day to day so I took the battery out and threw it away and haven't bought a new one. I do have an old dial type scale that I can use if I really want to but right now we have a weekly weigh in at work for a weight loss competition that I am losing. I gained 7 lbs since it started. Took 1 of those back off but only have until 4/4 (I think) to lose the rest and at least not show a gain.

Julia ... Ouch! Sorry to hear you had a painful root canal. I just went through one myself. Did it in two appointments two weeks apart but luckily it didn't hurt at all beyond the novacaine shots. Next week I have to have the other canine tooth filled to match it, then I can get the crown done on the one with the root canal.

Jenai ... I like your name too! Sorry and I know you have heard this before but when I pronounce it in my head it sounds like Forrest Gump saying Jenny. ... Good job on increasing your intensity. You will feel that for a few days. I love to push myself as hard as I can. If I could get the food part down as well as I have the working out, I would be awesome! LOL

Sorry to anyone I missed, busy stressful morning with being late and all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.