Notices

Motivational Thread - March 3 - March 9

Old 03-08-2014, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby116
Breakfast was 1 packet steel cut oats with 1 tsp. cinnamon, a cup of mango and pineapple and a cup of coffee with 1% milk.
I Know what tomorrow's breakfast is going to be! Was it as good as it sounds? (I have all of those things and LOVE the taste and texture of steel cut oats)

I put 1 cup of steel cut oats and 4 cups of water on to boil. Once it hits boiling, I turn it on to a low boil for 5 minutes. Let it sit a few hours, then divide it into 4 bowls, cover and put in the fridge. It thickens overnight in the fridge. Take out and microwave for about 3 minutes ( I have an old slow microwave). Adjust water to desired consistency.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

The oatmeal and fruit was yummy and filling. Enjoy.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Welcome back Mike This is a good place to hang out for some support. Post that good photo when you take it.
thanks Mary. I sure will, doesn't look like I'll be getting to the camera today, but tomorrow I should have a chance.

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Welcome back Mike!! I was thinking about you the other day since I saw a king cake on Rachael Ray. I like how you say "that's enough for now"--um that's a long list! I'm with you on the stress relieving, yesterday wasn't so good for me.

Jenn
haha, I can see why you thought of me.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

6 glasses of water M-Y T-Y W-N T-N F-Y S-Y
800 calorie limit M-N T-N W-N T-N F-almost S-almost
Exercise 3X M-Y T-Y W-N T-N F-Y S-Y
Lose 1 pound

It's very hard to keep my calories under 800 but I am trying very hard. I am eating more leafy green vegetables and drinking more water to fill up. My goal is to lose 10 pounds by Easter. Who wants to join me?
Old 03-08-2014, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all By setting goals this week, I see that wine is my weakness (already knew this! Why does it have to be high in empty calories!!?!?!) and I love to exercise (already knew that! the bigger the burn the better!!), but what I have learned is that by tracking my calories I can clearly see that I can enjoy some wine and still have a caloric deficit or at worst, a caloric balance. Both Friday and Saturday, I've managed to balance my calories out/calories in. So no loss...but no gain...and I don't feel deprived...a good thing!

1. Track calories - M - yes, Tu - yes, W - yes, Th - yes, F - yes, Sat - yes
2. Exercise 7x (scheduled morning interval workout) - M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, Th - yes, F - yes, Sat - yes
3. Do doubles (second workout) 4x - 1X T - yes, 2X W - yes, 3X Th - yes, 4x F - yes, 5X , Sat - yes
4. Drink 3 litres of water daily - M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, Th - yes, F - yes, Sat - yes
5. No alcohol - M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, Th - yes, F - no, Sat - again no

Libby - You know I love a challenge and appreciate that you've always supported me in challenges!!! So 10 lbs. from yesterday's weigh in ?!?!?! That would put me under my goal weight. How about I join you in this challenge and I'll aim to reach my goal weight by Easter!!!
OMG....can I really do this....!!!?!?!?!?!?!

Julia & Bea - Welcome!!!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!
Old 03-08-2014, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

I didn't log my food today, but know I did well. Went off my 28 day bootcamp today--just for the day--needed a day off--and promise to resume tomorrow. Water was lacking. Was trying to watch the movie THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS on TV but so much of it is slaughter that I chose to come here instead. I'll probably have nightmares over the bit I did watch. But I had a good, productive day getting some things organized around the house.

Jedi, yes, I did notice the wheat flavor in the wheat/flax Foldits is so delicious. Oh, does that make a divine grilled cheese! I have a bunch of low carb tortillas in the freezer that I transferred to heavier freezer bags because it'll take me a long time to use them up-- because now that I've got REAL bread I can eat (the lower carb Flatout) I'll be SWITCHING to Foldout. Half a huge light Italian herb is lower net carbs than my low carb tortilla, is plenty big for a nice sandwich, and I'll make room in my on-plan menus for only 3 extra Foldit carbs. Geez, as I read your note about the soda, I started regretting I had two diet soda's today. I'm not addicted--just over-indulging. I couldn't help but smile over your feast for your son's birthday. But, hey, yeah-- you had only one piece of cake! LOL Kudos on your Flatout pizza plans--sounds so yummy. Oh, those tablets look so nice--so many kids have them nowadays. Glad you had a fun time with the kids.

Mike, I'm scared of guns, but glad you have a way to let out tension.

Debbie, very nice Friday. Breaking even on calories is good, especially since you enjoyed a bit of alcohol. . Wow, great job on using tracking to gain some personal insight about your own needs--since there's no such thing as a one size fits all diet. Kudos on all your exercise.

Bea, welcome. You're off to a very good start, Calories a little over 1500 isn't bad, but replacing some of the carbs with low carb veggies would give you a boost. I have a long way to go to be at ideal weight, and need to practice more of what I preach. My wonderful doctor helped me work out a custom diet that helps me keep my blood sugar and cholesterol in the normal range through diet alone. Both used to be high. I'm striving to eat 5 or 6 small meals instead of three big ones to spread my food out over the day better--keeps me feeling more satisfied and helps keep my blood sugar more stable. Tip for you, save yourself a protein snack for in the evening--about two hours before you go to bed. I also have a protein snack between meals. It is supposed to help keep your metabolism sped up. Good job on the goal of protein with every meal and on the sleep! I can enjoy low carb fruit such as 3 large strawberries or a slice of cantaloupe or honeydew melon or half a fresh peach when they're in season--way lower in carbs than bananas or apples. I love your goals of enjoying the food you cook, getting out in the sunshine, and being grateful for life. I wish I could eat steel cut oats, but I can have only 25g net carbs per day if I want to stay off meds for high blood sugar. I add water and protein powder to flaxmeal, then microwave it to make a yummy breakfast "cereal."

Jenn, sorry you were hungry all afternoon. Kudus on losing that half pound--that's way better than my fifth of a pound, but mine is better than nothing, too.

Mary, so sorry for your frustration over the gain from eating out. It likely IS due to the increased sodium. I cheated only with a brownie yesterday and was up .2 a lb. overnight after .2 having been the total of my weight loss all last week. In addition to doing some new exercise which may be causing a slight increase in water retention in muscles I don't use as much, I also remembered that last week I was taking Alka Seltzer Plus antihistamine for allergies causing sneezing and runny nose--sometimes twice a day. I forgot it has a lot of sodium in it. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL Really, though, that is true, and I hope now that I'm off that OTC med, maybe my weight loss will resume because I HAVE been doing virtually everything else right.

Libby, I admire you for your determination on the Jump Start Diet. Kudos on all your exercise on being down a pound. You certainly are working hard at it. I hope that three weeks of 800 calories passes quickly for you. Kudos on eating more leafy green vegatables. Thanks for the challenge, but I have a goal of 220--5.6 more lbs. to lose by my March 28 doctor weigh-in. I doubt I'll make it but I'm trying.

Last edited by Mern; 03-08-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:20 PM
FitDay Member

Simple goals for first week back
1. post on this thread at least once daily M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, T: Y, F: Y, S: Y,
2. workout daily and record in diary how I feel from it M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, T: Y, F: Y, S: Y,
3. do not eat anything that I didn't bring to work with me or plan unless it's fruit M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, T: Y, F: N
4. at least three work cups of ice water daily M: Y, T: Y (2 but lots extra at home, W: Y, T: Y, F: Y

Hey... I remember that I needed to come here! Its 10:15pm my time but I did it! LOL .. Today was pretty good except high sodium and carbs for lunch/dinner. We had one big mid day meal instead of separating lunch & dinner today so it's all good. I didn't get in as much water as I do during the work week but I think I drank 4 of the 16.9oz bottles plus a glass. Today's exercise was taking Chloe for a 2 mile walk. It's slower walking with her because she is a very challenging dog but we were home in 1hr10mins. For those who don't know her, she was very abused until we got her at 15 months old in Jan of 2011. She is still extremely scared of noises, men and different situations. In our home she feels safe and will defend herself but out on a walk she would prefer to sit when scared and not budge or turn and try to go the other way. She is such a joy to me that I cannot believe anyone would ever treat her badly.

Mike...welcome back! I needed to come here too. We can do this! I may steal your picture goal and take a picture once a week of something that makes me happy and post it.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

April, fantastic reports all week! Great job on having your big meal earlier. Not shabby on the water or exercise, either. My little sister is a dog rescuer, too--hers were malnourished and abandoned. Bless you both!
Old 03-08-2014, 07:34 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks for the welcome!

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for making me feel so welcome everyone. I am learning that I don't know as much about food as I should. I had an omelette for breakfast and had no idea there were so many calories in it! Wow. Also the Fitday program has me thinking before I eat anything - last night I looked dreamily in the pantry thinking 'what will I have?' but the thought of logging it, put me right off.
I have to convert my weight as we measure in Kilograms here.
A week ago I weighed 156 pounds and I have lost 2.5 pounds already. Do we weigh in on Fridays? Also if anyone has any low-fat salad dressing ideas that would be great. I so love Ranch Dressing - but I know its 145 calories per serve ! Yikes - that's so much to put on a beautiful salad.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:57 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning. We changed the clocks ahead last night and I am up early.
I am waiting for the repair man to fix our water heater. He is supposed to be arriving any time between 8 am and 1 pm. I want to go and exercise but I am afraid I won't hear him at the door.
I am loving this jump start diet because I am seeing results finally. I have lost 3 pounds in 2 days and Bob says you can lose 20 pounds in 3 weeks. It took me a whole year to lose 20 pounds last year so If I can lose 20 pounds in 3 weeks I should be able to get to my goal weight this year. Maybe this is wishful thinking but it's been so long since I have been at a normal weight .
The lowest that I have been in recent history (in the last 15 years) is 165 so that will be the barrier to break. I am looking forward to that.
I will be back tonight with news of the day. Have a good one.
Debbie and Mern, We have 6 weeks till Easter. Lets do our best.
March 9, 172
The repairman came at 8:00 this morning but no one answered the door because we didn't hear him. The only reason I know he was here is because I checked my e-mail at 9:30 and there was a cancellation notice. I had to call back to get another appointment and lucky for us he is coming back this afternoon between 1 and 6.
I skipped church to wait for this guy. Now my afternoon is ruined too. I am not a happy camper.

Last edited by libby116; 03-09-2014 at 03:36 AM. Reason: addition

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.