Motivational Thread - March 3 - March 9 >

Motivational Thread - March 3 - March 9

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - March 3 - March 9

Old 03-07-2014, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi there everyone

G'day from Australia everyone. I'm Julia and am new to the Fitday program but excited to be getting started. Wow freezing rain? It's summer here and so hot ... I'm here to lose some weight and maintain it. I can't exercise much as I have MS and struggle with fatigue. I've been struggling lately to stay positive and came to the conclusion that I can get depressed and give up, or I could be positive and help others too... I look forward to becoming a part of this circle and hope to learn and lose weight and keep it off

Last edited by JuliaGulia2; 03-07-2014 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Type
Old 03-07-2014, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, that's GREAT! Good for you! It sure does help to set goals, doesn't it?

April, we are both so lucky to be a part of The Wonderful Husbands Club! Having someone be supportive makes things a whole lot easier.

Aimee, very excellent job on the exercise! That's a lot...Kudos to you for putting in so much effort.

I'm sorry I'm a little behind with everyone today. The last 2 days or so have not been good for me. I've done a flop around and have been eating more calories than I want to (although still a little bit of a deficit). And drinking soda. Regular full sugar soda. This week it's been like nectar from the gods! But I have to stop before it becomes a habit I have to break again. I missed the gym Wednesday due to the cramps, and I'm going to miss tonight because it's my son's birthday and we're having a little family thing. He's also having a friend over. the birthday is another thing...a container of frosting in my hands and then a black forest cake in front of me. I don't know what I'm going to do. I know I'll have some cake. And I know I'll east some of the frosting...probably too much. I'll try to keep the size of my piece of cake in check. I'll try to limit the frosting to 2 Tbsp. I'll try to "be good" the rest of the day. But this is not a good week to be up against extra challenges. I'm already having a tough time with the regular ones, let alone have more while it's "that time". My weight is exactly the same as last week. Although I weighed this morning and I'm usually less in the afternoon (I know, weird, huh?) so maybe I'll be under after all. On the good side...My protein has been up above minimum lately. My fiber is up, but not because of fruits/veggies. I'm still struggling a lot with that. Ok, off to take the kids to school. Everyone seems to be doing so well meeting goals! Way to go!

Hello Julia!

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 03-07-2014 at 12:48 AM. Reason: added
Old 03-07-2014, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Weightloser1234, welcome! I'm so glad you found us. Probably no two of us in this group of regular posters do everything the same way. But as long as our food and exercise are sensible, that's all that matters. You found a really nice website at healthysm.com. I love the part where they say to eat more veggies and protein. That and reducing saturated fat to no more than 12% of my total daily calories is what's helping me lose weight. Best wishes and I hope to see you checking in daily, if possible. That's what helps keep many of us motivated. You never know when the smallest bit of info or comment from another might really help.

Aimee, sorry you lost your post! I HATE that when I lose a post--especially the long ones. And I often do not have the time to type it all again. Kudos on doing well on your goals this week and best wishes on tomorrow's weigh in. Great job on your exercise!

Mary, I hope you get in lots of enjoyment cross country skiing in the evenings.

Debbie, I'm glad I'm not boring you with my grandbaby stories. I did not know that it is the dehydration that causes hangovers. Wow, you've had an all green report this week, too. Well done! I've worked hard this week and am hoping the scale will finally reward me when I weigh at 9AM. I weigh at that time because my doc appointments are usually at 9:30 and I like to see how close my scale is to hers.

Becca, I hope you build up many fond memories with the little ones--yes, indeed, they certainly CAN be a handful. I'm glad to learn you're doing well this week. Best wishes on your healthful lifestyle over the weekend. Did you get to work out last night?

April, kudos on your all green report AGAIN! Way to go! You are right, as long as your scale is going in the right direction, even if it's moving slowly, that's progress. How nice that you're getting your tone back--nice payoff from all the work of exercise! Best wishes this weekend on food and exercise with hubby off work. I hate alarm clocks, too. Sounds like such a loving husband you have! Kudos on getting up early to exercise!

While we're talking about husbands who help us, I'd like to toss in that mine, in addition to other things, makes it easier for me in cooking. I cook low carb and he eats almost everything I cook because he usually can't tell the difference between low carb and full carb dishes. On occasion when he wants something starchy with dinner, he will microwave bake a potato or open a can of pinto beans or corn. Or I will fry him some potatoes or make him some potato salad.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Simple goals for first week back
1. post on this thread at least once daily M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, T: Y, F: Y,
2. workout daily and record in diary how I feel from it M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, T: Y, F: Y,
3. do not eat anything that I didn't bring to work with me or plan unless it's fruit M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, T: Y,
4. at least three work cups of ice water daily M: Y, T: Y (2 but lots extra at home, W: Y, T: Y,

Today is going to be hard in the eating nothing that I didn't bring to work or plan for because I planned to order a salad from our store and they aren't serving lunches today! I'll hit the fruit basket up and be nice & hungry for dinner. I just hope I can stay away from the mini bags of chips and candies that are around everywhere in this food company I work for! Worked out this morning. Did pilates because my butt & ribs are sore from yesterday's workout. Then went and had my eyes rechecked. I had to stop wearing contacts a week ago because my eyes were red all the time. Drops 4 times a day of steroids fixed that up mostly. Now to try a new brand of lenses and get another check Tuesday. Ugh!

Debbie I agree...my hubby is awesome! After 21 yrs together, I think I will keep him! LOL .... I totally agree on measurements and pictures. Even if you weight loss stops, don't let it stop you. Keep checking those measurements and taking progress pics. You will be amazed that while the scale stays the same or even goes up slightly you may find more definition in your legs, arms or core that same week.

Welcome to the group Julia!

Jedi Sorry I haven't caught what your first name is. ... What do you think is causing you to allow full sugar soda back into your day? I had started to allow diet back in and then another one and another until I realized it was making me hungrier! I cut it back out late last week and haven't had one since. I miss the caffeine a little but not terribly as it was only 1-2 a day in the evening. .. I hear ya on the bday cake. You can't not have some. It's your child's bday. So do better on something else that day and have some cake. It's only once and then it's over. You can do it and not let it ruin all of your other progress.

Mern ... thanks for the kudos. Last night we were at home and there was 'nothing' in the house for snack. So I went and looked and ended up making peanut butter cookies. Um yeah, I ate like 8 of them! Oh well, today's a new day and I won't let it set me back. I can't keep doing that to myself. .... I love how you & your hubby make your way around your new style of cooking.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Last night I finished reading jump start and I am going to try it today. I walked for 45 minutes this morning and had a breakfast of 300 calories. The daily limit is supposed to be 800 but I don't know if I can do it. I am drinking
8 glasses of water (two before every meal). I will get another exercise session done this afternoon. Tonight I will let you know how my day went. This is day one of 21.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

I could not do 800 calories. I find going below 1500 difficult. One of the reasons I gave up calorie counting for years was that way back when I was young a low calorie diet was 1000 - 1200 calories and I could not function on that. I don't do hunger. I tried fad diets for many years before realizing I can lose on 1500 and eat well.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Having another productive day. Did 10 min on the advanced step program on the Wii. That was all I could manage. I have been up and down the stairs many, many times. Cleaned out half of the bookcase in the living room and have 2 boxes to go for Diabetes or CP pick-up when they phone again.

Had frozen entree (asian noodle) for lunch but had a salad with it.

Jenn
Old 03-07-2014, 06:26 AM
Banned

Mern- yes I did work out last night
Debbie- 4.4 lbs awesome job my friend!!!!!

Good Job to everyone..sometimes we slip up...but remember..this is a day by day..week by week deal here....if one day u mess up...or one week you mess up...remember you can START OVER...you have not failed yourself
Old 03-07-2014, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

I hope I didn't miss anyone. I had time to post because my granddaughter got off work early and picked up baby at 1:30, but my computer keeps freezing up for like a couple minutes at a time. I've been working on this post for over an hour! Sheesh! I have an hour before we leave for a fish fry at our friends' social club. Only thing I can eat there is fish and a double order of coleslaw because everything else is full of carbs and fat--French fries, macaroni and cheese, hush puppies, fried mozzarella sticks. I'll take along some green beans. I'm going to see if I have a recipe for low carb, microwave chocolate macaroons to make before we leave to keep me away from the dessert table.

Everyone, congrats to our group. I read several comments today about our challenges and what we're doing to overcome them or manage them as best we can. I've started over MANY times since I joined FitDay in 2011, and due to that, I'm down 14.6 lbs. from my highest weight ever. It's taking me a lonnnnnnng time, but I'll get to a healthful weight if I KEEP starting over whenever I need to.

Jenn, congrats on yet another productive day with the Wii and exercise doing housework that is burning extra calories. Good job adding the salad to the noodles.

Becca, well done on the workout last night! Thanks so much for your support in reminding us that messing up does not mean we've failed ourselves.

Libby, best wishes on your jump start. Yes, do let us know how it's going. Is there anything in there about a combo of fat and protein helping one feel full longer or is it like extremely low fat? I can't do 800 calories--in fact, I can't handle less than 1200 calories. Do they give you tips and tricks on how to feel full on so few calories? I could drink an oil tanker full of water and it wouldn't diminish my hunger pangs. Maybe it's just psychological for me. One could certainly eat a lot of veggies on 800 calories--my faves are the low carb green ones like green beans, cabbage, brussels sprouts, spinach, broccoli, kale.

Julia, welcome! I so admire your positive attitude! Of course, I can't put myself in your shoes, but I would imagine that joining a group and having more motivation and pals to chat with daily could help ward off depression. Just by posting here today, you have already served as a shining example that one can do wondrous things even in the hardest of circumstances. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Debbie! Congrats on being down 4.4 lbs. this week! Wow, is that fabulous! Kudos on all the inches lost. I don't measure--I find it so mortifying to see my numbers at 5' tall and over 225 lbs. Same thing with pictures--I just can't do it. But I can feel that my jeans waistband isn't as tight as it was a couple weeks ago. Hey, whatever works for you is just fine--seems to be working great. I've been logging my food and doing well on it, but not doing the work of posting it in my reports.

Jedi, OK, your weight is exactly the same is last week, so congratulations on not regaining! You had to have done something right, so give yourself the credit you deserve. Oh, I just saw that, kudos on the extra protein. Sometimes life does get in the way of our best intentions. Good for you for being determined to nip the soda consumption in the bud before it becomes a bad habit again. I can't remember where I heard it recently that soda, both full sugar and diet, can cause one to crave calories. It may have been on the ABC Network TV show THE DOCTORS. If I were you, I'd allow myself to have a reasonable slice of cake, too. I know if I tried to have absolutely none at all I'd probably do good the first few hours and then eat an enormous hunk of leftover cake in the late evening. Wishing you a fun time with the birthday boy and your family. Almost forgot--simple but super yummy sandwich today on the 100% Whole Wheat with Flax Flatout Foldit bread: just deli sliced roast beef and mozzarella cheese. I folded it over on a glass plate and microwaved it on high about a minute until it was nicely warmed and the mozzarella was melted.

April, great report again! Bravo on the lunch management under difficult circumstances. Well done on your exercise. Surely glad you had your eyes checked before they got worse. At least peanut butter is something nutritious, so you could have done way worse than peanut butter cookies. Maybe that adventure will serve to keep your body guessing. As you told Jedi, "You can do it and not let it ruin all of your other progress."

Last edited by Mern; 03-07-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

So I didn't do as well as I could have but it wasn't a total failure for lunch. I went to our little store and bought a small container of potato salad. Then later in the afternoon I had a single serve bag of chips. Guess it could have been worse. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.