Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - March 3 - March 9 >

Motivational Thread - March 3 - March 9

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - March 3 - March 9

Old 03-04-2014, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

Jedi, kudos on your exercise last night, especially since it was hard for you. Thanks for all your encouragement and help. Also, thanks for the second shout-out to me about the Flatout Flatbread. I must have gotten distracted or called away from the computer when I read your review of it in Food Talk because I completely missed that some are only 7 or 8 net carbs. I went to Walmart this morning and found them right where you said--in the deli department. OOH YUM--REAL BREAD! They didn't have all the varieties mentioned on the website, but they did have the Flatout Light Italian Herb at only 7 net carbs, AND the Flatout Hungry Girl 100% Whole Wheat with Flax at only 8 net carbs. The Italian Herb is HUGE, so I needed only half of it (just 3 1/2 carbs of it! ) to make a yummy sandwich of chicken breast, Laughing Cow cheese, and spinach. It was delicious--like eating at Panera Bread, only perfectly low carb for my eating plan. I'll try the Whole Wheat with Flax tomorrow--ooh, I'm thinking pulled pork on that. Right next to the Flatout bread I found a package of Joseph's Heart Friendly Pita Bread made from oat bran and whole wheat--quite generous size and only 5 net carbs. I guess I'll try that Thursday.

The chicken flatbreads you made last night sound yummy. I want to try to do "chicken pot pie" using the flatbreads--somehow with low carb veggies and roasted red pepper Alfredo sauce instead of gravy.

I love veggies--even have them in my eggs for breakfast, often spinach, tomato, green beans, mushrooms, or onions and peppers and topped with Classico Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce. To cooked and mashed cauliflower one can add sour cream, chives, cheese, and bacon to make them taste like a loaded baked potato. Mashed broccoli is good that way, too. You can layer some veggies like spinach, kale, pumpkin, or squash in lasagna. Pan sauteed and pan roasted veggies are yummy--especially cabbage or brussels sprouts or zucchini.

I don't have anything like your Tri-Blade Spiral Vegetable Slicer. Wishing you a fun time using it and that it becomes a new vehicle for you to get in those healthful veggies.

Kudos on your weight loss!

Mary, I hope you find something for a wheat free crust for pizza. I'll bet someone here will have some suggestions for you. I've heard of the cauliflower crust, too, but I never tried it, either. Kudos on your exercise--both done and planned. I didn't know there were different colors of fat. I guess I'll go read up on that. I so admire you for your exercise accomplishments and for vowing to not let your two weeks that will not be routine deter you from exercise.Best wishes on your April 1 weight and fitness goals.

Ian, nice simple goals you have! I'm keeping it simple right now, too. Aw, thanks for your kind words about my posted, planned menus. I have to eat that way to keep my blood sugar and cholesterol levels normal without meds. But I love veggies, so that part isn't a chore for me.

Libby, best wishes on your goals this week. I hope I can lose at least a pound this week, too. I dreaded my doctor visit last time--my weight was up five pounds and suprisingly all my blood tests came out fine. Best wishes on your visit tomorrow.

Debbie, wonderful report for yesterday! Congrats!

Aimee, kudos on your goals, exercise, and weight loss!

Me, I ate well today and am about to exercise, but maybe just half today because I did some vigorous housework today and and am pressed for time. Then I need to shower, pick up my grandson from school and take him home, and leave by 3:40 to go to an early birthday dinner across town for my step-granddaughter who is 26 today. We're meeting at a restaurant where I can eat on plan, so I'm really grateful for that.

Last edited by Mern; 03-04-2014 at 05:24 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I'm so glad you found the breads I've been talking about! Remember, if you want to make them crispy to load them up with toppings, just bake them at 350 for about 9 minutes. Tell me about all the yummy things you make with them so I can try your ideas too. Enjoy!!!
Old 03-04-2014, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Had another good day....well at least as far as nutrition and fitness go.

1. Track calories - M - yes, T - yes
2. Exercise 7x (scheduled morning interval workout) - M - yes, T - yes
3. Do doubles (second workout) 4x - 1X Tues - yes
4. Drink 3 litres of water daily - M - yes, T - yes
5. No alcohol - M - yes, T - yes

All this talk about flat breads! I can't buy those particular ones here in Canada, but now I'm determined to come up with a good recipe. I already make homemade pizza at least once a week...maybe I'll need to figure out how to up the fibre content....that would lower the net carbs right?

Off to bed...I'll check back in tomorrow
Old 03-04-2014, 04:41 PM
FitDay Member

Goals (win, lose, draw):
Calories in
M-D, T-W
Calorie balance
M-W, T-W
Exercise
M-L, T-W

Jedi - Hello to you too.

Flat bread - Clearly I don't spend enough time in the kitchen because I have no idea what that is
Old 03-05-2014, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

I had another busy and good day. My fasting blood sugar was 5.8 which is good. I will get the rest of the results next week.
6 glasses of water Yes, Yes
1200 calorie limit Yes, Yes
Exercise 3X Yes, Yes
Lose 1 pound

I am reading a book by Bob Harper from the biggest loser and he has a lot of interesting things to say. He has a kick start plan which I am going to try.
Let's see how that works and maybe I will start losing again.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Looks like the scales has stopped rewarding me. That's what I get for weighing daily. It's almost like playing poker - lots of highs and lows.

Ian I think flatbread is a bread made without yeast. There are several East Indian breads that have become very popular. Naan bread for one. It can be as high or higher in calories as regular bread unless you find the right ones.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Simple goals for first week back
1. post on this thread at least once daily M: Y, T: Y, W: Y,
2. workout daily and record in diary how I feel from it M: Y, T: Y, W: Y,
3. do not eat anything that I didn't bring to work with me or plan unless it's fruit M: Y, T: Y,
4. at least three work cups of ice water daily M: Y, T: Y (2 but lots extra at home,

Yesterday was a very good day. Dinner was a bit heavy as was my snack later in the evening but all in all it was a good day.
I have now worked out a half hour a day every day since March 1st. I think I shall make a mental goal to work out every day this month. It gets harder for me to workout on the days my hubby doesn't work because I could sleep an extra 1-1/2 hrs instead of getting him off to work and then working out while the kids get ready for school. I need to rediscover my motivation to still get up with time to workout when he is all warm and snuggly sleeping in my bed.

Last edited by wildbeanerz; 03-05-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Hump Day! My day is off to a good start....meals, exercise and water all planned. The scale did a big drop this morning....I was quite surprised! I've had some big ups and downs lately and by the end of the month of February, I was actually up from my starting February weight, so I'm sort of expecting a big drop at some point. It might be this week!

Mary - Getting on the scale daily is what keeps me focused and on track. I weighed daily for years. When my weight started to creep up 4 years ago, I stopped weighing and ignored the scale. For me this was a big no-no....that's how I ended up weighing what I weighed when I gave birth to my kids!! I'll always be a daily weigher and see the daily fluctuations. You're right about it being like poker....lots of highs and lows and never knowing what you'll be dealt!

Libby - Glad to hear your blood sugar was good. Are you reading "Jump Start to Skinny"? I quickly perused that book in Chapters one time. Looks pretty good, the calories are quite low which many people will have issue with. However, being vertically challenged (as I know you are too ) We need to eat much lower in calories just to even maintain than somebody taller would...so for us to lose, I personally feel our calories need to be quite low. Just my opinion of course.

Ian - What do your goals this week mean? Calories in...do you mean to track your calories...and calorie balance...?

Mern - You had a busy day yesterday! How did eating on plan at the restaurant go? Did you manage to fit in some or all of your bootcamp workout?

Jedi - I've seen some youtube channels where people who eat a raw vegan diet have used the spiral slicer to make zucchini noodles. Otherwise, I've never seen this kitchen appliance. I'm interested to hear how you use yours!

Aimee - You've really made strides upping your water intake!! That's awesome! I've upped mine this week as well and it has me wondering if that's why I saw such a big drop in the scale today? I retain water soooo easily and they say the best thing for water retention is drinking water! Go figure? LOL!

April - You had a great Monday...how did Tuesday go? By the way, I think it's outstanding how much weight you've lost and kept off! That is to be commended!! It's also very brave of you to face up to gaining a little weight back and putting on the brakes! It's so easy to ignore the scale, but that's when we get into trouble. So glad you're here with us and continuing your weight loss journey

Have an awesome day all and I'll check back in later to report on how I did with my daily/weekly goals!
Old 03-05-2014, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

April - Looks like you and I were posting at the same time Glad to hear you had a good Tuesday. I too find continuing to keep motivated to get up early and workout difficult. I would much rather stay in bed! I sincerely enjoy exercise, but not necessarily at 4:45 am! However, It's the only time in the day where I'm not at work and/or not tending to my kids. I'm guaranteed to not be interrupted at 4:45 and still make it to work on time, so that's my time to exercise.

Have great day!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

I drive a 2000 Mercury Sable with no running lights. I used the car at 7:30AM yesterday and forgot to turn off my lights and in the afternoon, when I was supposed to pick up my grandson, my car wouldn't start. My husband wasn't home and luckily my son was and he picked up my grandson (his nephew) for me. We went out last night, so DH is now trying to resurrect the battery with his battery charger. I've got to plan my menu today, after having spent almost half my daily 25 net carb allowance on my yummy lowER carb (for me) French toast with the Flatout flatbread some of us have been discussing. I could have eaten just half a serving of it, but it was just too gosh-darned good, so I ate it all. I'm sure that I can finish out the day healthfully on my eating plan with some good thoughts and choices.

Jedi, thanks for the tip on crisping up the flatbread. I was going to enjoy pulled pork on a 100% whole wheat Foldit today, but then last night spied a recipe for French toast on their website and thought of that recipe when I first opened my eyes this morning. I adapted it to suit my needs and slightly varied the cooking method. I posted my recipe under your Hungry Girl Flatout Breads review in the FitDay Food Talk forum at http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...tml#post106268 If I come up with new discoveries or recipes I'll post them there, too.

Debbie, congrats on another all green day on your goals! I don't bake often, but I do make flaxmeal muffins (which no one here but I seem to like. LOL) and the flax is zero carb, adds bulk, so lowers the carb content. Oh, you put me to shame gal--meals, exercise, and water all planned and a big drop (congrats on that, too) on your scale. Thanks for asking--I DID eat on plan all day yesterday, even with eating out. At the restaurant at 4:45PM I had a six ounce sirloin steak and a tossed salad with blue cheese dressing and a diet cola. Later in the evening at home I had some cold, skinless chicken breast and a 4g carb CarbMasters dairy blend (USA Kroger food store brand fake yogurt) I did just 15 minutes of bootcamp workout in addition the the vigorous housework I counted as exercise earlier in the day.

Ian, kudos on your green reports! Flatbread is just what it sounds like--flat bread. You know how flat pita bread is? Like that. I've heard that Subway near me has an offering of flatbread instead of their sub rolls, but I have to stick with low carb ones, and theirs probably isn't. I agree with Mary, though, you have to watch the nutrition counts on any kind of bread.

Libby! Kudos on your blood sugar! Did you mean 5.8 A1C average blood sugar? In the USA normal A1C is 4-6% and normal fasting blood sugar here is under 100. Way to go on your Tuesday report and best wishes with your kick-start program.

April, you're doing a spectacular job with glowing reports on your first week back. Kudos on your exercise plans. Best wishes on rediscovering your motivation and could you try to discover mine while you're at it? LOL

Kumochi, I've been weighing daily, too, and the scale fluctuations are getting to me. I was down to 225.4 a few days ago and now am stuck on 226. I'm eating on plan and exercising, but probably more water would help--AND I know the scale numbers will start going down sometime soon.

Last edited by Mern; 03-05-2014 at 03:45 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.