Hi all. My goals for the week are:
6 glasses of water
1200 calorie limit
Exercise 3X
Lose 1 pound

Lets all have a good week.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back April. Glad you are putting a stop to regaining. Always room for one more
Old 03-03-2014, 11:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Checking back in to report on how my first day with "goals" went. Pretty darn good if I do say so myself.....but it's only day 1! LOL!

1. Track calories - Mon - yes
2. Exercise 7x (scheduled morning interval workout) - Mon - yes
3. Do doubles (second workout) 4x -
5. Drink 3 litres of water daily - Mon - yes
6. No alcohol - Mon -yes

A good start to my week!

April - always room for another! Glad you're joining us! I once tried to make a cauliflower crust and it was a big flop! Let me know if you try it and find a recipe that's actually good.

Mary - I thought you meant you were going to try to burn that many calories just through exercise! That would be crazy!

Ian - that's the amount of exercise I've been doing sine October...I know it sounds like a lot and I guess it is but the exercise part is so much easier than tracking calories....at least for me that is.

Jedi - I love fruits and veggies! Lately I've been peeling and cubing sweet potato and acorn squash. I then steam them until they're soft....then comes the magic . Everything tastes better cooked in my cast iron pan! I drizzle in a little olive oil and toss in the steamed veg...a little salt and pepper and cook until the outsides start to brown. Soooo yummy!

Libby - I'm all for a good week! Let's make it happen!

Later buddies!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 03-04-2014 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

Doing good so far. I went to a one hour weightlifting class this a.m. and have been drinking lots of water.

Goals for the week:

1. Workout 5-6 x week
2. Drink 5 glasses water & 2-3 glasses green tea per day
3. protein shake after workouts
4. keep tracking food & journaling each day
5. lose 1-2 lbs this week

I've lost 1 lb already,and it would be awesome to lose another before Friday!
Old 03-03-2014, 02:18 PM
FitDay Member

It's been a good start to the week.
6 glasses of water Yes
1200 calorie limit Yes
Exercise 3X Yes
Lose 1 pound

Tomorrow I am going for blood tests and next week my doctor will give me the results. My weight is up from the last time I saw him so I am worried that my
results won't be good. I need to get back on track.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks all for the welcome! I'm feeling a little off today. Dealing with my son on an issue so hopefully I will make it back to update more but did want to track my goals.

Simple goals for first week back
1. post on this thread at least once daily M: Y,
2. workout daily and record in diary how I feel from it M: Y,
3. do not eat anything that I didn't bring to work with me or plan unless it's fruit M: Y,
4. at least three work cups of ice water daily M: Y,
Old 03-04-2014, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Just being back on fitday is the first step. I was not sure I had enough motivation when I rejoined however my motivation has increased steadily. I find that just the act of being accountable makes me eat better.

I'm having a great week even though I'm finding it harder than I thought to increase my calorie burn. I prefer an active lifestyle to the gym and this winter has not been very good for that. Hopefully there will be some spring cross country skiing. After this week I have two weeks that will not be routine. I'm determined not to use them as an excuse to slack off. Luckily I start holidays April 1st and have a weight and fitness goal I want by then.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

I made it to the gym last night for my circuit workout. My legs felt like dead weights during the cardio portion, but I managed to get through it and felt good after. I did not do so great on my fruits/veggies goal yesterday. I only had 2 oz of tomato and 2.5 oz (1/2) of banana. I'll have a salad today I think.

Last night for dinner I made parmesan chicken bubble up which is chicken, marinara, mozzarella mixed up with a can of quartered biscuits and baked and the biscuits puff up. But just one biscuit is 170 calories!!! So I had one of my Hungry Girl Whole Wheat with Flax Foldit Flatbreads (only 90 calories, 7g protein, 8 net carbs), baked until crisp like a cracker and topped with a little garlic & herb light laughing cow, 4 oz of shredded chicken, 1/2 c marinara, 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. I got way more food for a lot less calories, and it was probably even more tasty. I should make the flatbreads for the whole family, shouldn't I? The Flatout line is my new favorite food!

At 11:00 p.m. I only had 935 calories for the whole day and I wasn't even hungry. But I know that's not enough so I made myself eat some banana to bring it up a little. I just have not been hungry lately. I have, however, been craving soda so much!!!

Everyone has great goals for the week. See some names that are new to me, but I think are familiar to the rest of you. So hello to April and iansteele.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

omg I'm so excited! In order to try to help me have more variety and options in ways to prepare fruits and vegetables, I just ordered a Abco Tech New and Essential Tri-Blade Spiral Vegetable Slicer from Amazon. It does vegetable spaghetti and cuts fruits and vegetables into gorgeous curly ribbons. I've been wanting one of these for a long time. I thought about getting a GEFU Spirelli, but the little handheld one is almost $50 and another handheld one is $29.95. This counter top version, which imo is sturdier and has more options, is $29.95. Seemed like a no brainer to me. I'll be looking at the tracking all day every day until it shows up. Can't wait! Does anyone else have something like this? If so, what are the types of things you do with it?
Old 03-04-2014, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

April, I'm so glad you rejoined us. I had lost 43 lbs back in 2011 (still had a lonnnnnnnng way to go to a healthful weight) and regained 28 lbs. It's so easy to do regain! UGH! You have really nice, simple goals this week. People will notice in your signature how much weight you've KEPT off, too, and you deserve many congrats for that! Best wishes with your son's issue. Kudos on an all green report for yesterday. Way to go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.