FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread - February 24 - March 2 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10698-motivational-thread-february-24-march-2-a.html)

JediMindTricks 03-02-2014 04:43 AM

Since I missed the gym Friday I asked my son if he wanted to go with me last night. He said he didn't want to go. :( So I got up off my butt and went without him! :) I had a great workout, felt really good after, and proud of myself that I worked through my discomfort of being there alone. It was raining cats and dogs, so I don't know if it was that or that it was a Saturday evening or both, but the gym was pretty empty. Just the way I like it!!

Jenn, good job on the smaller meals and getting the lower glucose numbers.

Aimee, I found my Hungry Girl Pizza Crust and Foldits in the deli section of the Walmart. If you go to Flatout Bread - Better Than Sliced Bread - Low Carb, High Fiber Flatbreads you can do a zip code search on where to find it in your area. But I didn't find it with the regular bread section. They were in the deli.

Last night for a bedtime snack I baked one of the spicy italian pizza crusts for 9 minutes to get it crispy, then smeared 2 wedges of Laughing Cow light swiss (only 35 cal each)...Crunchy, creamy and a little spicy. What a great snack for me!

Mern, good job on weight loss. Just curious...what type of exercise do you do? I've heard that it doesn't matter if you break your time of exercise up into smaller sessions that it's the total minutes that matter, so great going on getting your half hour in!

Welcome to March everyone!

lildebbieg 03-02-2014 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks (Post 106188)
Since I missed the gym Friday I asked my son if he wanted to go with me last night. He said he didn't want to go. :( So I got up off my butt and went without him! :) I had a great workout, felt really good after, and proud of myself that I worked through my discomfort of being there alone.

Jedi!!! Awesome job pushing past your discomfort and facing it head on!!! Now that you went to the gym once on your own, it will be that much easier next time. Not only that, but that shows how determined you are stick to your goals! Seriously awesome!!!!

JediMindTricks 03-02-2014 06:03 AM

Just thought I'd make a quick report on my son. He'd been about 174 for a long time. He's about 5'6" right now. He's got just a little chub, but certainly not fat. Anyways, he just weighed himself a few minutes ago and since starting our exercise routine a couple weeks ago he's down to 169.2!

Mern 03-02-2014 08:01 AM

Debbie, your healing from your exercise injury so quickly is wonderful news. :) Thanks for the support on breaking my exercise into two sessions. With my lifestyle, sometimes I just can't fit in the whole half hour at once, and other times I don't have the stamina. So now I'll feel better about getting it in whichever way I need to. OK--MAJOR YUM thanks to YOU! The spinach and cheese calzone filling on my low carb tortilla was so yummy that I'd order it in a restaurant. In order to customize your recipe to my eating plan for low carb, low sat fat, and low cholesterol (for managing my cholesterol and blood sugar without meds) I used a full cup of chopped spinach for one calzone and cut down on the ricotta. I wrote it down, but offhand I think the proportion of the other cheeses was about what you used per serving. I added an ounce of thin sliced tomato before folding over the tortilla, crimping it shut and baking it at 350F for 15 minutes. It may not taste exactly like yours, but it surely is delicious. Thanks so much! LOL on the crickets chirping. Some used to call the weekend posters "weekend warriors."

Jedi, kudos on your workout at the gym! I'm glad you had the pleasure of the gym being practically empty. Your weight loss of 13 lbs. since January 9 is fantastic! Congratulations! Also congrats to your son on his weight loss. That's wonderful. You certainly are a great roll model for him! :) Your snack of Laughing Cow on the pizza crust sounds yummy! Thanks for your support on my weight loss and exercise, too. Let's see if this goes through without being censored: right now I'm mostly doing a DVD exercise: 28 Day BootCamp by Coach Nicole--cardio and strength mostly. I try to do half an hour per day of that. There are three women in the video, one doing the beginner, one regular, and one physically fit. I follow the beginner but find it quite challenging at my current weight. Sometimes I also add some aerobic walking to Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds for Abs DVD.

Mern 03-02-2014 09:34 AM

Finished a small meal dinner--skinless chicken breast and 2 servings of broccoli. Getting ready to have a protein shake with flaxmeal before exercise. Then for a snack tonight while watching Oscars I will have some "protein patty" made with dry low carb protein shake mix, pasteurized zero cholesterol egg substitute, flaxmeal, unsweetened coconut and coconut oil. DH doesn't like the protein patties I make, but I like them just fine--one has to like the taste of flaxmeal and he doesn't.

I logged my food today for the first time since my restart. My numbers for today, including the food still to be eaten, are all totally in line with my healthful eating plan. :)

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening. Our forecast changed--2-4 inches of snow tonight but after Tuesday we're headed to temps in the 30s (30F) and next week up to 50F! Come on in, spring! :D

aimeet_1 03-02-2014 04:45 PM

It's been a rough weekend for me. I missed my favorite class- yoga on Saturday due to monthly issues. Today I had lasagna (with two slices of bread...sigh) for lunch. Skipped dinner because I felt so guilty about lunch and now am drinking whiskey. Back on the wagon though on Monday!!!!