Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - February 24 - March 2 >

Motivational Thread - February 24 - March 2

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - February 24 - March 2

Old 02-27-2014, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

aimee, thanks for the article. Interesting read. I had previously lost a lot of weight pretty fast. Could it have had anything to do with the fact that I had a teaspoon of cinnamon in my oatmeal every morning? Hmmm. Maybe I should start adding it to my refrigerator oats and see what happens.

debbie, I'm sorry you hurt your hip. I hope it feels better quickly.

As for me, I had a great workout with my son last night at YouFit. He suggested we go around the circuit twice, but about halfway through I told him to give me a few more weeks of once around. Just don't feel ready for twice. But I did good. I have increased some weights and have increased my steps during cardio.

I did great on my protein yesterday. Due partly to the fact that I had a whole can of tuna and 4 oz of country pork ribs. Did anybody read my review of Hungry Girl Flatout Foldits? I highly recommend them. I had one with my tuna and another one for a bbq pulled pork sandwich, and they are so freaking good and filling.

In general, I feel really good. I am chalking that up to the exercise I've been doing. This is the first time I've done workouts regularly, and it really makes me want to keep it up. Yea!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, everyone! Babysitting my 6 month old great granddaughter today and tomorrow so won't be on line as much. I dragged her high chair in from the kitchen and gave her some toys to play with so I can try to post.

I did really well yesterday on exercise, food and water. Scale numbers were down again this morning. I got in 20 minutes of my bootcamp this morning (baby was getting fussy) so will do another 10 tonight.

Debbie, kudos on your 20 minute cardio interval workout. Oh, you poor thing. I don't know the names of all the muscles, but any pulled muscle hurts. So sorry you're hurting--give yourself a good enough break from exercise to allow it to heal. Being vigilant about your calories might help you at least maintain your weight while you can't exercise. Aw, that's so neat that you got to enjoy your daughter's gymnastics practice. I forgot how old she is. I'll let you know how I like the spinach and cheese calzones--still have to get that Parm, but may do that today. I love all those ingredients, so can't imagine not liking the calzone.

Aimee, I usually have some cinnamon every day. I don't know how much it helps, but I started using it when I saw the same advice on that ABC TV show THE DOCTORS. I love a low carb tortilla spread with natural peanut butter, cocoa powder, and cinnamon. Tastes like I'm cheating on my diet, but I'm not. I also like a "dessert spread" of mashed black soybeans, cocoa powder, almond extract and cinnamon. I enjoy that on a low carb tortilla or spread on cucumber slices or celery stalks.

Jedi, kudos on exercising with your son. You are wise to take the circuit slowly. Can you take babysteps of adding just one more machine at a time instead of having to add a whole second circuit all at once? I read your review of Flatout FoldIts and it's wonderful that you found something so yummy-but since I can have only 25g net carbs for the entire day, I have to stick with my 5g net carb low carb tortilla. Food reviews really do help people stick with their food goals--helps to find new stuff to keep our menus updated so we don't fall in a rut. Great job on your protein, too. Glad you are feeling good--I just told my husband a couple days ago that I'm feeling good physically and mentally since I started exercising. I don't know if it's the newness of my DVD or the fact that I'm proud of myself for exercising regularly since I got the DVD--because I hate exercise.

Time to feed the wee one. No time to proof read. Will catch you all later.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry to hear about the pain Debbie. Hope to see you exercising as soon as it goes away. Sounds like you are doing the right things for it.

My Y class today got sorta cancelled/moved to an earlier time slot which I can't make. I may wait and go for a workout tomorrow as I think they are closing early because of wind and snow.

Lots I can do in the office. I can work out with the wii at home tonight. I like the Wii fit Plus program.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

Aw, Kumochi, I'm sorry your Y class got moved to a time slot you can't make. Great that you have a Wii--I don't have one but people I know who do really like them for exercise.

Going to bed early. Great-granddaughter coming at 4:30AM for me to babysit. The upside of that is that she'll go back to sleep here, so we can both sleep in. She is such a happy baby--such a joy to take care of.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:29 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I've stretched, I've iced, I've applied heat and ice...and I feel a bit better! I'm planning to take a rest day again tomorrow but I'm hoping I'll be back in the game on Saturday! I don't think tomorrow will be a good day on the scale, but I won't let that stop me

Mern - My daughter is 6 and my son is 7. While I'm out of commission for exercise, being vigilant about my calories makes sense...but I can't stand counting calories! It's funny since that's what first brought me to this site! What does keep me motivated is checking in here daily I can't believe you're a great-grandmother at only 67!!! You're waaaaay tooooo young to be a great-grandmother!

Mary - Wind and snow you say....you're in southern Ontario right? The weather was not good here today either in Eastern Ontario! I can't wait for Spring! Bring it on!!

Jedi - Keep it up!!! Being consistent with your workouts can only lead to success!!!

Aimee - Thanks for the article...it was an interesting read! I'll have to try adding cinnamon to my shakes!

Libby - hey buddy!!!! Did you hit the treadmill today? Keep the momentum going!

Night night all...I'll check back in tomorrow with my weigh in...good, bad....or ugly!!
Old 02-28-2014, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

I have had a good week. I want to do even better next month as I have a couple trips coming up. I am going to look at my food journals and see what I can get rid off without feeling deprived. I think my coffeemate has to go. I had been underestimating the calories in it. I plan to either switch to herbal tea which I can drink plain or have my one coffee with my protein. I tried that this morning and it works - not quite as good as a café mocha but drinkable. I'd like to cut about 200 calories of useless food per day and increase my calorie burn. See you all March 1st. I hope it comes in like a lion as I want it to go out like a lamb.

Debbie - glad to hear you are on the mend. Being unable to do what you want is so frustrating. My physio is starting to pay off and I'm hopefully I can increase my activity.

Mern: I have 10 grandkids - no great-grandkids yet. They do help to keep us young. Enjoy them - they grow up so fast!
Old 02-28-2014, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Kumochi, that stinks that your Y class got moved! Have fun with the wii though. I've never seen one, but I hear they are good for exercise.

Mern, Great grandbaby...wow! How fun. Enjoy her.

Debbie, glad to hear you are doing a little better. Hopefully you'll be back to 100% before long.

I almost hit my mini goal that I had planned for today. I missed it by just 1 lb. I feel pretty good about that. I won't be able to go to the gym for our regular Friday workout because my daughter is taking my car early and will be gone until the wee hours. I'm going to try to get motivated to at least walk around the neighborhood with my daughter. Yesterday I had just over 100g of protein!!!! wow! That's incredible for me. Unfortunately, not a fruit or vegetable in sight. Need to work on balance. Good goal for next week.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

I'm babysitting 4:30AM-2:30PM today, so will exercise this afternoon. I got in a little over 30 minutes of bootcamp exercise yesterday, but had to divide it into one 20 minute session in the morning and a few more than 10 minutes in the evening. I'm down on the scale this morning again, so it didn't hurt me any. Hooray for me. Food and water very nicely on track.

Debbie, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Are you going to take baby steps on exercise Saturday--not full intensity--so you don't re-injure yourself? The stretching is a good treatment as we all know. I haven't been tracking my food, either, but am eating how I know from experience is within my calorie, sat fat, net carb, and cholesterol range. But I also know from experience I'm only getting in around 90-100g protein and I want to get it up to the 120g that my doc finally agreed is safe for me. Like you, checking in here is keeping me motivated--plus having a weigh-in at the doc's on March 28 and my new exercise DVD. Six and seven are such cute ages--one of each is cool. I know your daughter is in gymnastics. Does your son have any special interests yet? Thanks for your kind words. I love being a great-grandmother at 67 because I'm still spry enough to be trusted by my granddaughter and her husband to take good care of their baby while they're taking college classes and working.

Kumochi, congrats on doing so well this week! I applaud you on working to decide what you can get rid of in your diet without feeling deprived. I love creamer in my decaf coffee and the calories were adding up, so what worked for me was allowing myself HALF a cup of coffee, so I'm only consuming HALF the amount of creamer I formerly used. I don't use any sweetener in my coffee, but if I'm craving more coffee later in the day, I use vanilla protein powder as my creamer. "...in like a lion and out like a lamb." I've found myself having to explain expressions to my grandkids lately, like "don't make a mountain out of a molehill" and "bringing home the bacon." My 9 year old grandson is often amused by what he calls "grandma-speak." LOL You've got me beat--I've got 4 bloodline grandkids and 3 step-grandkids from my husband's first marriage. I also have two step great grandkids ages 5 and 2. Kids are kids--I claim them all. It surely is fun having the young ones around and I agree they do keep us young. I'm glad you know that grandma joy.

Jedi, thanks for your kind words on my "great-grandmahood." I also have two step great-grandkids but this baby is the only one I babysit. Wow! Major kudos on missing your mini-goal by only one pound! Way to go! How old is your daughter? I hope you have time to get in that walk. Hey, kudos on your protein yesterday, too! I hope you have time this weekend to stock up on fruits and veggies. I'm such a veggie lover I'd go nuts without some each day. Balance is a wonderful goal for next week--I find it helpful to add just one new/special goal at a time that I need to work on, but I need to do that more often. Your post was a good reminder of that. This week my special goal was increasing water intake and I'm beginning to make it a good habit again. I'll bet you'll be balancing out your meals by the end of next week.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all Feeling much better today, but still laying low. I'll try a light workout tomorrow and see how that feels. Up on the scale this week...not happy about that...but won't let it stop my efforts!!!

Jedi - There are a few of us who post on a Friday Weigh In thread. It's great for extra motivation! You're most welcome to join us!!! Awesome job almost hitting your mini goal! 1 lb. is nothing....you'll hit that goal next week I'm sure!

Mern - My daughter oozes self confidence and is an over achiever....she excels at almost anything she tries! I'll have to keep my eye on her as she grows....she'll be tough on herself expecting that she should be good at everything and be disappointed when something truly challenges her. My son is much more reserved and introspective. He'll need to be reassured and gently nudged forward as he grows. They are complete opposites in some respects, but they are the very best of friends! That's so nice that you're able to help your granddaughter and her husband.....it can be hard to juggle children and work and/or school! I'm sure they appreciate your help!

TGIF!!!!!! I have so much to catch up on this weekend...but I'm going to ensure I spend some of my time having some fun! My kids have their last swimming lesson (for this session) on Saturday. They've been asking to stay for the free swim that happens every day after their lesson, but we never stay because it's at 6 pm...dinner time. They'll be so happy tomorrow when I tell them we can stay for a swim! We'll just go out for a bite to eat after so we don't have to rush home to cook dinner. They're so sweet...it takes very little to make them happy...I hope they're this happy when the teen years hit...I fear the teen years!!

Have an awesome day all!
Old 03-01-2014, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

March 1st is coming in somewhere between a lamb and a lion -6 degrees and light snow. Mern the expression goes something like "If March Comes in Like a Lion it goes out like a Lamb and if it comes in like a Lamb it goes out like a Lion." The generational confusion re expressions is entertaining - we also have some expression that seem to be local to my area.

My scales is crazy this morning. I'm down 1.4 pounds since yesterday. Strange as wmy weight had been going down. Usually a big loss follows a gain. Good and Bad news as I'm sure it will be back up in a day or two and that makes my March goal complicated. I'm aiming for 6 pounds in March as that will get me into the 170's. I'd love to lose 10 pounds to reach 175 however I think setting 6 as my official goal is more realistic.

Have a great weekend everyone. I'm heading out to blow snow out of my driveway. Glad that counts as exercise!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.