Notices

Motivational Thread Feb 17-23

Old 02-18-2014, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all I didn't get up early to get in my workout this morning....I had maybe 3 hours of broken sleep last night. I swear these monthly hormonal swings get the best of me! Anyway, on a more positive note, I am planning to do my workout this evening and then get to bed early.

Also, I've decided to change my weigh day from Friday to Sunday. I've been allowing myself too many indulgences on the weekends and I feel it's stalling my progress. I then spend the work week trying to get the scale moving again after the weekend indulgences. So I figured if I move my weigh day to Sunday and allow myself some indulgences just on the Sunday then I can't do as much damage to later be undone. The weekends are so tough for me for some reason....although I don't think I'd be alone on this one. So this is my plan...we'll see how it goes I'll still post in the Friday Weigh In thread on Sunday mornings.

Ian - I found that particular quote on the BodyRock facebook page. They're always putting up inspirational quotes. I find motivational quotes inspire me so I try to share some of them here. So what do you do for a living that requires you to be in top shape?

Have a great day all!
Old 02-18-2014, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

Haha, it's a bit embarassing, I'd rather not say what the job is

Robin - come on only 4 pounds, tough it out for a week and it's done

Lildeb - weekends are killer for us all

Goals (win, loss, draw)
1.Exercise
M-W, T-D
2.Calories
M-D, T-D
3.Calorie breakdown
M-W, T-D
Old 02-18-2014, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

My quess is you are an underwear model. Am I right?
Old 02-18-2014, 11:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby116
My quess is you are an underwear model. Am I right?
See Ian now our curiosity is really peaked! the guesses might be quite embarrassing!

Well back up to 165 today! Even though I have been following my goals. Oh well. Patience will prevail.

Goals:

1. Increase water- M-Y, T-Y
2. Gym 2x this week- M-Y, T-N
3. Drink green tea- M-N, T-Y
4. Reduce junk food/make healthy choices-M-Y, T-ok
5. At least 1 walk (on a day when it's not below -10)- M-N, T-Y (small one)

Robin
Old 02-19-2014, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Eeek! Did I say we would have an epic week?!?! I hope everyone else is feeling good about their week so far...as for me it's not looking so epic...unless epic fail counts?!?! I think I need to plan better....not being consistent with planning is really catching up with me.

Ian - I'm just going to leave this one alone. I wish my job was a motivator to keep fit...I sit on my butt all day in a cubicle in a government job. As long as my fingers are supple enough to type on a keyboard and my butt small enough to fit in my chair...oh wait...if it weren't they would just buy me a bigger chair! LOL!

Have an awesome day fitdayers!!
Old 02-19-2014, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Good day so far. Scales back to co-operating -it gave me a glimpse of below 190 then settled for just over. Hope to hit below 190 by Friday.

Planning is vital,

Ian Your job can't be more embarrassing than the ideas running through our heads. Hmm A job that requires one to be in good shape and is embarrassing.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Things are going well. My weight is dropping a tiny bit every day. Exercising is the key for me. As long as we have more good days than bad we should be headed in the right direction.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

I am down a pound after 2 days of hard cardio/elliptical! Woot!

Ian- you've really got us wondering now, lol. It's ok. You don't have to tell. Our imagination is probably much more interesting anyways.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

Haha, you will never guess it because as far as I recall the job didn't exist in the US while I lived there, and probably still doesn't. And I don't see how an underwear model would be embarassing, if anything that would be a confidence booster

Lildeb - An epic turnaround would also count as epic, all is not lost!

Goals (win, loss, draw)
1.Exercise
M-W, T-D, W-W
2.Calories
M-D, T-D, W-W
3.Calorie breakdown
M-W, T-D, W-D
Old 02-19-2014, 11:23 PM
FitDay Member

I would be embarassed to model underwear. Give us a hint.

Things are going well. I just need to stick to plan and not get side tracked.
My sons birthday was this week and my husband bought Chinese food and a birthday cake. I didn't eat either one but opted for a large salad and a tangerine instead. I am a woman on a mission. I am seeing my doctor in mid March and haven't lost any weight since I saw him last. Both he and I will not be happy. Yesterday we finally had some mild weather in the plus temperatures. I am soooo sick of winter and I will be happy to be able to walk outside again. I hope every one has a good day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.