FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread - Feb 10-16 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10653-motivational-thread-feb-10-16-a.html)

lildebbieg 02-10-2014 12:12 AM

Motivational Thread - Feb 10-16

"You're far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way."

Welcome to a new week fitdayers! It seems from last week's check in that some of us were having a tough week....me included! To those of you who don't fall into this category and had a good week, great job! Keep up that momentum this week!

I chose today's Motivational Quote as a reminder to myself (and anyone else who finds power in words) that I am the only one responsible for my own personal success. It's easy to lose motivation and focus when I let the excuses take over...which is exactly what I did last week. I know when I'm making excuses, but there are times when it's hard to see past the "devil on my shoulder" and stay focused on my goals in the distance. However, it's within my power to drop the excuses and achieve success! After last Friday's weigh in, I was so disappointed in myself. However, I didn't wait until Monday to change in my attitude and drop the excuses! I started making changes that very day and I'm already reaping the rewards :)

Wishing us all a successful week! We can do this! We hold the power to acheive our goals!

iansteele 02-10-2014 01:26 AM

I did so badly last week I was too ashamed to post :(

This week I will not allow myself to slack off like last week!

Goals:
1750 Calories down for the week

jjrudd 02-10-2014 04:52 AM

Great motivational quote Debbie!

I have been lurking but didn't post last week. Have Dr appointment a week tomorrow so I need to lose weight before!

GOALS for the week
1. Keep within carb limit
2. 4 servings of fruits and veg
3. Drink 6 glasses of water (at least)
4. Exercise 4X
5. Lose 2lbs and post in Fri weigh-in

Went to the mall this morning so did get a little bit of a walk in.

Jenn

01gt4.6 02-10-2014 05:35 AM

Welcome back everyone! I've been doing bad so I'll make a very short list of goals.

1) Drink a lot of water
2) go to gym 5 times

aimeet_1 02-10-2014 06:02 AM

Thank you Debbie for the wonderful quote.

The important part is to keep "Doing" and that is what I am striving for this new week. It's going to be a tough week with Valentine's Day coming up, but I will be especially dilligent today through Thursday so I can have a litle wiggle room on Friday. I wen back to the gym for weights class this a.m. so I am feeling good so far. Let's keep up the momentum!!!

Kumochi 02-10-2014 06:02 AM

Great quote Debbie - and way to show us that getting control works. My annual physical has been moved back so I have more time to get fit before the Dr. scolds me.

My goals this week:
Journal
Exercise
Y times 3 -
Eat Healthy - average 1500 calories
Enjoy life

jjrudd 02-10-2014 09:51 AM

GOALS for the week
Mon Report
1. Keep within carb limit no
2. 4 servings of fruits and veg ugh no
3. Drink 6 glasses of water (at least) yes
4. Exercise 4X some

Jenn

lildebbieg 02-10-2014 12:56 PM

Hi all! Checking back in with day 15 of my current rotation. Today was a 40 minute ab/cardio circuit. This evening, I followed that up with a 40 minute treadmill run and day 27 of a 30 day challenge I'm doing which was a 12 minute HIIT workout. Back on track!

adyndravo1 02-10-2014 04:50 PM

I was not feeling well last week and was so tired at night after work that I did not post at all. I am back I loged everything I ate and am posting. I need to get off the excuse wagon and get on the right track.
I tried kale today. put some in a salad with spinach and lettuce. reall nice and yummy
goals this week

Post everyday, m-y
log food m-y
drink lots of water, m-y
2 veggies a day, m-y
2 fruits a day m-n

Nyda

iansteele 02-10-2014 07:54 PM

A decent start to the week, cleaned half the apartment and kept the calories down

Goals:
M-386 down

lildebbieg 02-11-2014 12:21 AM

Good morning all! :) I'm loving the positive vibe here this week! Just a little reminder...even if you set goals for the week and don't quite reach them all, that doesn't mean you're doing bad or failing! Just the act of setting a goal and then doing what you can to meet those goals is success in itself. We can't be perfect 100% of the time, but it doesn't take perfection to reach your goals. It takes perserverance, dedication and determination. Never give up setting goals and trying to acheive them! K, stepping of my soapbox now ;)

This morning I did day 16 of my current rotation whcih was a 40 minute tris, bis & delts/cardio circuit. This evening, I'm planning to do some time on the elliptical and day 28 of the 30 day challenge I'm doing. I sure hope that once I reach my weight goal that I can maintain by only exercising once a day. I seriously never thought it would be this much effort to lose the weight....but this is what it takes for me to shake those pounds loose!

Have a focused and motivating day! Keep your eye on the prize!

Kumochi 02-11-2014 05:03 AM

It sounds like we are all having a better week. My scales is playing mind games with me - other than that all is good.

Off to try weights and seniors this pm. Will be my first session. I need a refresher in the weight machines. I had hope to get to the pool first but I'm running late.

01gt4.6 02-11-2014 06:12 AM

1) Drink a lot of water yes
2) go to gym 5 times yes

CD1989 02-11-2014 07:13 AM

I'm joining a little late in the week. I don't know who all remembers me, but I was on a bit this past summer. (It seems I fell off the wagon.)

Goals:
Eat more real food (no fast food)
Drink plenty of water

01gt4.6 02-11-2014 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by CD1989 (Post 105655)
I'm joining a little late in the week. I don't know who all remembers me, but I was on a bit this past summer. (It seems I fell off the wagon.)

Goals:
Drink plenty of water

Welcome back. Did you go by another username?

CD1989 02-11-2014 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 105657)
Welcome back. Did you go by another username?

I don't think so... I used the same login as always... I'm just as confused anybody else. :confused:

Edit: So, apparently, I logged in this time under my first account... Oops

lildebbieg 02-11-2014 09:03 AM

Hi all! Checking back in with another workout...this afternoon was 60 minutes on the elliptical. Other than a little ab work, that will be it for me for today. There's always tomorrow to burn off a little more fat! ;)

ClaireS89 02-11-2014 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by CD1989 (Post 105655)

Goals:
Drink plenty of water

Okay, so... This is me.

I forgot that I had created a new account... :p

iansteele 02-11-2014 06:50 PM

Slowly making up for last weeks shocker with another good day.

Goals:
M-386 down
T-1016 down

lildebbieg 02-12-2014 01:07 AM

Good morning all :) I would like to share an inspirational post I saw this morning on facebook from a fitness site that I follow.

I often remind people that as much as you might want it to be or think it will be, fat loss is unfortunately not a linear process. There are peaks and valleys and highs and lows so the sooner you learn to accept that reality, which is also synonymous with accepting that you simply do not have to be, and can't be, perfect all the time, the more relaxed you'll be on your journey.

Expecting a linear process from A to B only leads to feelings of failure when you see your journey just isn't. So realizing that's NORMAL, will set you free from that expectation.

You need to be mentally and emotionally prepared to do the hard work required and yet still be mature enough to accept there may be some frustration along the way as well.
Lisa-Marie from BodyRock.tv | The Worlds Biggest Home Workout Revolution

After her post, there was a cute picture of a stick person on a bicycle riding up a gentle slope with a flag as the destination. The caption read "Your Plan". The next image showed the stick person on the bicycle but rather than a gently slope, there were hills and valleys between the start and the finish flag. The caption read "Reality". I would have posted the image had I figured out how to! ;)

Anyway, the reason I share her post with you is it really resonated with me and hoped it may inspire someone here who needs inspiration.

Have an awesome day fitday-ers!

jjrudd 02-12-2014 02:06 AM

GOALS for the week
1. Keep within carb limit no, no--but closer
2. 4 servings of fruits and veg no, no need to work on this
3. Drink 6 glasses of water (at least) yes, yes
4. Exercise 4X Mon and Tues some

Ok, I can see what I need to work on.
Jenn

Kumochi 02-12-2014 02:12 AM

A busy Wed coming up however lunch is packed so I won't be tempted to eat out. Plan to exercise with the wii once I get home. No time for the Y today. Hopefully will get more Y time tomorrow. Scales not moving but feeling lighter.

Glad to see so many of us back on track.

libby116 02-12-2014 08:53 AM

Hi all. I have been through the wringer for the past two weeks with health problems and family issues. The diet and exercise went on the back burner but now I am ready to begin again. Unfortunately I have gained back some weight. Tomorrow will be a better day.
Debbie, Thanks for the shout out.

adyndravo1 02-12-2014 03:11 PM

evening all. yesterday was a bust on somethings and great on others. I have been feeling stressed and that means headache if not careful. We we able to qualify for food card again what with me sister looseing her job. To day I am much better and did better in more areas. Climbed up and down a ladder for a couple of hours working on the air vents and the ceiling tiles around then made it through all but 2. My sister had a nice dinner ready when I got home. I really liked the quote and the little stick figure. It is sad but true life does not all ways happen like we planed it.
made a yummy salad monday. Iceberg lettuce with spinch and kale with cucmber tomatoes and green pepper. A little low calorie zesty Italian- yum. I seem to be having trouble with the fruit thing.
Post everyday, m-y,t-n, w-y
log food m-y.t-n, w-y
drink lots of water, m-y.t-y, w-y
2 veggies a day, m-y, t-y, w-y
2 fruits a day m-n,t-n.w-y

iansteele 02-12-2014 03:54 PM

Did a lot of exercise yesterday but unfortunately it was wasted by eating too much :(

Goals:
M-386 down
T-1016 down
W-308 up

lildebbieg 02-13-2014 12:30 AM

Good morning all :) Started my day with a 40 minute workout which was legs & glutes/cardio intervals. Loving my current workout rotation! I'll probably do some time on the elliptical and treadmill this evening since tomorrow is weigh day....need to change things around from last week.

I'm not sure if I've said this here before or not (oops if I'm repeating myself), but it has surprised me how hard it's been to lose weight. I honestly didn't think it would take this long or be this much work! I can't be the only person that thought it would be easier? I've been diligent with my diet about 90% of the time and exercising anywhere from 40 minutes to nearly 2 hours a day. That's a lot of exercise....good thing I like exercising! ;) I've been at this for nearly 6 months and I've lost around 20 pounds. I hope it will be easier to maintain than it has been to lose. These are my thoughts of the day :D

Libby - Sorry to hear you've been having health problems and family issues. I hope life is back on track for you. These hills and valleys can be tough to conquer! Glad to hear you're getting back on track. The weight you've gained probably also consists of water weight. Once you're back on track, that water weight will fall off fairly quickly.

Mary - Are you off to the Y today? Have a great day!

Ian - You still have 4 more days to hit your calorie deficit for the week. You can do this!

Nyda - Sorry to hear you're feeling stressed. Hope things look up for you!

Jenn - Good job setting goals and focusing on them. Writing it down really does help to show you what you need to work on. Awesome job!

Claire
- Welcome back!

Mike and Aimee - How are you doing?

Have an awesome day all!

Kumochi 02-13-2014 01:13 AM

I'm not looking forward to the weight in tomorrow. My calorie in and out have been where they should be all week however the scales is up. I'm not panicking as I figure it's fluid I just don't like being up for weight in. There may be three things to blame - sodium in some prepared foods I used this week, asperteme which I had been avoiding but consumes for a couple days or the Full MOON. Really my weight often increases with the full moon. I figure if it can effect the oceans why not my weight. Besides I have worked in enough areas where it really effects my clients!

I do have Y time booked today so unless things go crazy this morning I will make the pool and weights and seniors. Looking forward to it.

ClaireS89 02-13-2014 03:58 AM

Goals:
Eat more real food (no fast food)-So far, so good
Drink plenty of water-Not bad,but could stand to improve

Additionally, I need to get in better shape--I started a "beginner" aerobics work out and was only able to get through 25/70 minutes.

Blarg.

aimeet_1 02-13-2014 09:54 AM

I forgot to include my goals for the week when I posted earlier.

GOALS for the week
1. Eat 5 small meals per day- M/y, T/y, W/n, Th (good so far)
2. Workout 5 x week- M/y, T/y, W/n, Th/y
3. Drink 4 glasses of water & 2-3 glasses green tea- M/n, T/y, W/n, Th/y
4. Journal and foods everyday- M/y, T/y, W/y, Th/y
5. Get below 200lbs for Fri weigh-in--so far so good- tomorrow we shall see

lildebbieg 02-13-2014 01:13 PM

Checking back in with another 60 minutes of cardio...30 on the elliptical and 30 on the treadmill. We see where all these extra workouts got me tomorrow on weigh day!

Aimee - Love your new quotes in your signature ;)

iansteele 02-13-2014 06:48 PM

I was a bit above the calorie limit and I didn't want to post 2 fails in a row so I did a quick 5 mile bike ride to make sure I could at least post something respectable.

Goals:
M-386 down
T-1016 down
W-308 up
Th-55 down

lildebbieg 02-14-2014 12:48 AM

Hi all! Happy Valentine's Day and happy, happy Friday!!! Just weighed in and I'm back down after a big gain last week. Phew! Now to keep up the momentum and try my best to reach my February goal weight.

Ian - Awesome job on turning things around yesterday! ;)

Have a great day all!

adyndravo1 02-14-2014 12:49 PM

:(I did fair yesterday and then come this morning. We couldn't fine our kitten Rose. we checked the garage and workroom but she was not there. I got dressed and headed out to the road to see if she had been hit. My feet went out from under me and I hit the ice with my back and head. I have 2 sraples in my head and I still feel not right. I to miss work today. If I can't drive myself I shouldn't go. today I have not eaten to much. I think I am under. Here's to a better saturday. Nyda

ClaireS89 02-14-2014 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by adyndravo1 (Post 105743)
:(I did fair yesterday and then come this morning. We couldn't fine our kitten Rose. we checked the garage and workroom but she was not there. I got dressed and headed out to the road to see if she had been hit. My feet went out from under me and I hit the ice with my back and head. I have 2 sraples in my head and I still feel not right. I to miss work today. If I drive myself I should n't go today I have not eaten to much. I think I am under. Here's t a better saturday. Nyda

Well, right now, your main goal should be to get plenty of rest so you can recover.

No real advice, but I want you to know I'll be praying for your swift recovery.

weightloser1234 02-14-2014 10:47 PM

thank you for this. really getting inspired.

libby116 02-15-2014 05:51 AM

I am ready to start again. My calories are on track and I walked for 48 min.
Today is going well.

Kumochi 02-15-2014 06:36 AM

Weekend guests. I'm going for maintenance this weekend.

aimeet_1 02-15-2014 08:03 AM

Mary- weekend guests. That's the toughest time for me to maintain and/or lose. Vacations and entertaining. Good luck!
Libby- great job on the 48 min. walking.
Nyda-sorry to hear you got injured and I hope you found your kitty.
Debbie- great job so far.
Ian- the important part is to hang in there.

Valentine's Day was a wash for me as expected. I did get some moderate excercise as I went wintertime tubing down a mountain side though! Then I came home and had lobster tails & steak for dinner. And a couple of brownies...and a donut. Ah well....back on track today though. To pay for my earlier transgressions, I took 2 -- 1hour workout classes at the gym. Woah...that was rough, but I made it.

GOALS for the week
1. Eat 5 small meals per day- M/y, T/y, W/n, Th/y, Fri/n, Sat (good so far)
2. Workout 5 x week- M/y, T/y, W/n, Th/y, F/n, S/y
3. Drink 4 glasses of water & 2-3 glasses green tea- M/n, T/y, W/n, Th/y, Fri/n, Sat
4. Journal and foods everyday- M/y, T/y, W/y, Th/y, Fri/y, Sat/y
5. Get below 200lbs for Fri weigh-in--Did it!

lildebbieg 02-15-2014 12:44 PM

Hi all! Went out for VDay last night and indulged...as planned ;) Back on track today...doubled up on my workouts to make up for last night. Amiee, I see you and I were thinking alike! ;)

Robingen 02-16-2014 01:01 AM

Hi Everyone

Time for me to check in. I have not been on regularly since I met my goal weight in August. But I have creeped up five pounds since then. I have not been in a routine for months but time to get back on track.

I am really reluctant to pay for a premium membership at this point so I don't know about logging food and how annoying that will be. I think I need other goals anyway, on water and snacks.:)

165.5 this am- accountability! This is what I need.