Notices

Motivational Thread - Feb 10-16

Old 02-16-2014, 01:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all checking in with a double cardio workout this morning....my usual morning workouts are 40 minutes, so today was 80 minutes. Felt awesome! This afternoon, my mother his having us all for dinner so my calories may be higher than usual...but of course I'll do my best to keep it in check

Robin - Welcome back! Great job achieving your goal and sticking to it! I don't think you need a premium membership to get rid of the 5 pounds. You've done this before, so you know how it's done I bet if you up your water, cut back a little on carbs and increase your activity lever, that 5 lbs. will be gone very quick! I'm getting closer to my goal weight too, so hopefully I'll soon be joining you in 'maintenance land'

Have an awesome Sunday all! A new week starts tomorrow!
Old 02-16-2014, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Just checking n while the kids are at a movie. Dong well on calories so far today. Now to plan my dinner so I don't go astray. made a chicken soup who should provde me with good low calorie meals next week when I freeze the leftovers.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

It was a busy day but I did walk on the treadmill for 62 minutes. Now I am going to have supper. My calories are under my limit. I hope everyone had a good day.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks lildebbieg I am sure you are right. Good water and good control today. I might set some goals on the new week's thread.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Robin: Congrats and great job for maintaining with in 5 pounds for 6 months.
Can you give us some advice on what helped you the most to get to goal?
What diet did you follow and what exercise do you do? Give us a sneak peak into your life now. Again, great job.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Libby

It was the food logging that did it for me. I've always been reasonably active, and I do lots of different physical activities when time permits but it was the eating issue. Too much junk food, too much take out. When I started logging and seeing what I was eating, I learned to eat healthier and especially homemade (e.g., taking my lunch to work). I didn't follow any particular diet just kept my cals around 1200 (max 1400). On special occasions I would have some but in smaller portions. That's it. The "magic" was the patience. Not to feel deprived and not to give up.

I haven't been as active as usual, I was moving my office and the weather of course sucks and I am carpooling. I've also been having some junk. Time to get a grip!

Libby glad to see you are still here. This forum helped me a lot. That's why I am back.