Notices

Motivational Thread - Feb 10-16

Old 02-11-2014, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! I'm loving the positive vibe here this week! Just a little reminder...even if you set goals for the week and don't quite reach them all, that doesn't mean you're doing bad or failing! Just the act of setting a goal and then doing what you can to meet those goals is success in itself. We can't be perfect 100% of the time, but it doesn't take perfection to reach your goals. It takes perserverance, dedication and determination. Never give up setting goals and trying to acheive them! K, stepping of my soapbox now

This morning I did day 16 of my current rotation whcih was a 40 minute tris, bis & delts/cardio circuit. This evening, I'm planning to do some time on the elliptical and day 28 of the 30 day challenge I'm doing. I sure hope that once I reach my weight goal that I can maintain by only exercising once a day. I seriously never thought it would be this much effort to lose the weight....but this is what it takes for me to shake those pounds loose!

Have a focused and motivating day! Keep your eye on the prize!
Old 02-11-2014, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

It sounds like we are all having a better week. My scales is playing mind games with me - other than that all is good.

Off to try weights and seniors this pm. Will be my first session. I need a refresher in the weight machines. I had hope to get to the pool first but I'm running late.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

1) Drink a lot of water yes
2) go to gym 5 times yes
Old 02-11-2014, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

I'm joining a little late in the week. I don't know who all remembers me, but I was on a bit this past summer. (It seems I fell off the wagon.)

Goals:
Eat more real food (no fast food)
Drink plenty of water
Old 02-11-2014, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CD1989
I'm joining a little late in the week. I don't know who all remembers me, but I was on a bit this past summer. (It seems I fell off the wagon.)

Goals:
Drink plenty of water
Welcome back. Did you go by another username?
Old 02-11-2014, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Welcome back. Did you go by another username?
I don't think so... I used the same login as always... I'm just as confused anybody else.

Edit: So, apparently, I logged in this time under my first account... Oops
Old 02-11-2014, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Checking back in with another workout...this afternoon was 60 minutes on the elliptical. Other than a little ab work, that will be it for me for today. There's always tomorrow to burn off a little more fat!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by CD1989

Goals:
Drink plenty of water
Okay, so... This is me.

I forgot that I had created a new account...
Old 02-11-2014, 06:50 PM
FitDay Member

Slowly making up for last weeks shocker with another good day.

Goals:
1750 Calories down for the week
M-386 down
T-1016 down
Old 02-12-2014, 01:07 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all I would like to share an inspirational post I saw this morning on facebook from a fitness site that I follow.

I often remind people that as much as you might want it to be or think it will be, fat loss is unfortunately not a linear process. There are peaks and valleys and highs and lows so the sooner you learn to accept that reality, which is also synonymous with accepting that you simply do not have to be, and can't be, perfect all the time, the more relaxed you'll be on your journey.

Expecting a linear process from A to B only leads to feelings of failure when you see your journey just isn't. So realizing that's NORMAL, will set you free from that expectation.

You need to be mentally and emotionally prepared to do the hard work required and yet still be mature enough to accept there may be some frustration along the way as well.
Lisa-Marie from BodyRock.tv | The Worlds Biggest Home Workout Revolution

After her post, there was a cute picture of a stick person on a bicycle riding up a gentle slope with a flag as the destination. The caption read "Your Plan". The next image showed the stick person on the bicycle but rather than a gently slope, there were hills and valleys between the start and the finish flag. The caption read "Reality". I would have posted the image had I figured out how to!

Anyway, the reason I share her post with you is it really resonated with me and hoped it may inspire someone here who needs inspiration.

Have an awesome day fitday-ers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.