FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread feb 3 to 9th (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10631-motivational-thread-feb-3-9th.html)

Kumochi 02-03-2014 03:36 AM

Motivational Thread feb 3 to 9th

My quote for this week "Don't try - Do"

I find that sometimes when I change from saying I will try to I will do I feel more commitment.

This week I will:

Be below 1500 calories average for the week. That way if I go over I can still accomplish it by cutting back the next day.

Go to the Y 3 times

Sauna and Yoga daily

Eat healthy and drink water

I am not saying how much I will lose because that gives the scales too much power. If I do the above I will lose.

have a great week everyone.

Hebrew77 02-03-2014 04:01 AM

Not giving power to the scales, I like that. I admire your determination and thank you for the encouraging words. You are right when we say, I will do versus I will try. Here's to doing everything with our power in 2014.

May God bless you on your journey,
Age 53, restarting Feb 3, 2014 :)

libby116 02-03-2014 05:15 AM

I over did the exercise yesterday and today I am feeling bla. I need a day off.

canary52 02-03-2014 07:27 AM

Mary, like Hebrew 77, I also like your approach. Don't try, do. I admire your attitude towards the scale but I am very scale motivated. Happily, I have been losing some of the weight I gained.

Goals:
1) Plan food
2) Stay close to plan
3) Drink water
4) stretch
5) practice Spanish
6) And borrowing from Mary, don't try, do

Libby, we all need days off. Today sorta feels like mine too.

Kumochi 02-03-2014 07:53 AM

I'm very scales motivated too however after 50 years of fighting with the scales it still has the power to discourage me and sidetrack my motivation. I still weight daily but I'm looking for positive reinforcement from all the effects of working towards fitness.

aimeet_1 02-03-2014 08:40 AM

I will do as well. Very nice Mary ;-)

And here's another quote to get us motivated-- "If you can dream it. You can do it."

I am proud of myself for doing an additional class at the gym this morning. There was a weightlifting class for an hour and then another half hour pilates themed class and I did both. Yay me ;-)

Goals:
1) DO !
2) Drink more water
3) continue to eat healthy
4) remember to eat snacks

beccafries 02-03-2014 10:00 AM

I won't give my scale any power either :p

iansteele 02-03-2014 12:55 PM

I'll jump back in with some simple goals, from here until the end of the year:

1. Don't try, DO!
2. 1750 calorie deficit per week, that's 20lbs this year, very reasonable.

Kumochi 02-04-2014 01:09 AM

Good day yesterday. A few extra calories taken in however they were healthy and balanced by an hour of aquafit and 1.5 hours of curling. Ended up with about a 800 calorie deficit so happy for the day.

beccafries 02-04-2014 05:49 AM

No exercising for me just yet...still kinda under the weather :(....but I'm eating well.

dmartz 02-04-2014 08:30 AM

Motivation for Feb 4

Hello Fitsters! Today is my birthday, and I thought I'd say Hi to y'all!

Today I turn 56. I'm 5 ft, 2.5 inches and a few minutes ago weighed 115.

Last time I checked in with FitDay was Jan 1. At that time I wanted to loose my holiday bloat, and get back down to 115 before a ski trip on the first of February. Well, I made it! The first couple pounds were pretty easy, water weight I presume, but I had to work for the others. Anyway, I've been skiing this morning, and have been having fun, but the wind and snow picked up so we decided to sit the afternoon out.

I thought of you all after reading the headline news regarding new study showing the significant relationship between added sugar consumption and the increased risk of Cardiovascular disease mortality. As well as the increased risks of obesity, high blood pressure, dementia, type 2 diabetes, cirrhosis of the liver, and high cholesterol from excessive sugar consumption. Those of you who remember my prior postings may recall that I really wanted to start tracking my sugar consumption, because that is my worst food habit - my sweet tooth.

And -- as I typed that last sentence there was a knock on the door of my hotel room, and someone handed me a plate of chocolate covered strawberries! I kid you not! (Two are gone already!)

So, that's my 'stretch' goal for the coming year - Cut back on my sugar consumption by 20% (um, starting tomorrow.)

Not to mention (again) that I wish Fitday would add Sugar to their food database!

Yes, I can (and do) log my food elsewhere, but I miss some of the perquisites of the Fitday reports. (My thanks to Jim and Russ Determan! I couldn't have had my weight loss success without your help.)

Best of luck to all of you in your weight loss journey, and my best wishes to all who are suffering from pernicious illnesses.

Oh, & I agree - "Don't try - Do"

- Donna

lildebbieg 02-04-2014 08:37 AM

Hi all. I'm struggling for some reason. I've been doing so well for so many months, but for some reason in the last week or so, I just feel like I've hit a brick wall. This wall feels like it's insurmountable! Not trying to bring anyone down....I'm just losing my fitness mojo. I'm going to need to dig deep to move past this! This has happened in the past...I achieve some success only to lose motivation and stop progressing. Why do I do this? Normally this happens much sooner than 5 months in...so I have to think this time is different. **Sigh!**

Becca - Hope your feeling better soon! Congrats on your weight loss this past week!!

Mary - 800 calorie deficit!!! Maybe that's what I need...to start counting calories again so I can see my deficit. I track calories burned in my workouts, but haven't tracked calories in months! I do love to see numbers....for a while at least and then that starts to drive me nuts...but maybe that will pull me out of my slump?!?!?!

Ian - Hi! Welcome back (I assume you were here before by your post). Very reasonable goals for a whole year!

Canary - Congrats on your progress!

Aimee - Love y our quote! Thanks for posting that...I needed that today!

Libby - I'm with you lady! I needed a day off exercise too...so today is the day! Nothing wrong with a little rest, but let's check back in with each other this week to ensure we get back to our workouts :)

Hebrew77 - Welcome! Stick around! The more the merrier :)

Okay, I feel a little better having just posted to my fitday friends. Deep breathe...keep moving forward right!!?!?!? :o

Kumochi 02-04-2014 10:53 AM

Hi Debbie. I hope entering calories for a while helps. Do you have any fun fitness activities? I noticed the difference walking the track today just having a friend walking and talking at the same time. One of these days I may try pickleball which seems to be popular at my Y.

Do you have a trainer of fitness advisor? Maybe if you have kept or developed a fair bit of muscle you are close to where your weight should be.

canary52 02-04-2014 02:16 PM

Goals:
1) Plan food - Y, Y
2) Stay close to plan - More than, more than
3) Drink water - Yes, Yes
4) stretch - Yes, Yes
5) practice Spanish - Si, si
6) And borrowing from Mary, don't try, do - No, class

Kumochi 02-05-2014 04:30 AM

Good day as I sit at my desk eating an apple. Had enough extra calories for an ounce of baileys yesterday.

Kumochi 02-06-2014 08:15 AM

Gee I'm talking to myself. I hope you all are out exercising, having fun or planning next weeks meals. Been on track today as too busy to find any food except what I brought for lunch. See you for weight in tomorrow.

aimeet_1 02-06-2014 10:15 AM

Hi- I got hit with my monthly friend. Haven't worked out for 2 days due to cramping. Ugh...I'm not so sure I'll get good news tomorrow on the scale as I've been laying low and resting.

Debbie- I'm sure if you just keep counting and excercising, you'll get past your wall. I know those can be very frustrating though.

Mary- you're not talking to yourself, lol. I'm here.

lildebbieg 02-06-2014 10:29 AM

Yeesh....I'm so far off the track that I'm off roading!!! Trying desperately to pull it together. I'm struggling with some personal stuff that's really taking a toll :o

Aimee - I'm with you girl! Worst time of the month! My scale has devil horns right now and is laughing at me every time I step on it! ;)

Mary - You're not alone! I haven't posted much this week....been feeling off for a week now....trying desperately to get back on track!

Hoping everyone is having a better week than me! I posted this motivational quote a while back....I wasn't even sure if anyone was getting anything from these quotes. I was happy to see it bumped up this week which had me reading it again. Funny, I was posting that to help motivate someone else, but I really needed to read that today! Thank you!!

"Today, give yourself the consideration and kindness you’d extend to the people you love. If you’re dissatisfied with your progress, remind yourself of all you’ve accomplished. If you made a mistake, cut yourself from slack."

canary52 02-07-2014 01:00 AM

Happy Belated Birthday, Donna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canary52 02-07-2014 01:05 AM

Goals:
1) Plan food - Y, Y, Y N
2) Stay close to plan - More than, more than, BINGE EATING W & TH
3) Drink water - Yes, Yes ? ?
4) stretch - Yes, Yes, Yes No
5) practice Spanish - Si, si, si mucho, mucho
6) And borrowing from Mary, don't try, do - No, class Meh, meh

Up 3 pounds, not a great week

Kumochi 02-07-2014 03:17 AM

On track for this week. Family party tomorrow -- lots of curling -- however also lots of food and drinks. I need to find a balance between those two. Also I'm making a dessert however I don't want to make something I love in case we get another snow storm and I'm stuck with it. need to find something I can resist but everyone else likes!

lildebbieg 02-07-2014 05:27 AM

A wise fitdayer who started the check in this week gave us an awesome motivational quote...."Don't try - Do". Thank you Mary!!! I'm taking this advice and applying it to my terrible week. In the past, when I lost motivation the longer it went on the harder it was to get back on track. I was one of those who would wait until Monday to try get back on track! Bad idea! Well, that was then and this is now! I'm not waiting until Monday, as of today I'm back in business!!! I'm not trying to get back on track, I'm doing!!! ;) Happy to say I did day 12 of Chasing the Sun which was a 40 minute cardio circuit and followed it up with 60 minutes on the elliptical.

TGIF!!!

Kumochi 02-07-2014 09:01 AM

Well done Debbie. I often find after a week where I blew it - I get a nice lose the next week when I get back on track. A lot of that gain is fluid.

lildebbieg 02-07-2014 12:49 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence Mary ;) I'm sure much of the gain this week was due to water retention, so I'll have to make sure I get in lots o' water for the next 7 days to help shed at least some of it! :rolleyes: Have fun at your family party tomorrow. What did you come up with for a dessert?

aimeet_1 02-08-2014 04:56 AM

Strawberry shortcake's not too bad on calories if you make it with sponge cake and don't use sugary topping-- just plain strawberries. Most ppl like that as well. Either that or make pecan pie (if it were me-- I hate that molasses taste, lol). Good luck with the dessert option.

60 min on the eliptical Debbie? Plus, 40 min cardio? Wow...I just got to 30 min on the eliptical. That's impressive ;-) Good luck with continued success !

Kumochi 02-08-2014 10:41 AM

I like strawberry shortcake made with angle food cake however I went with the frozen cheesecake that comes with 4 different flavours. I new I could resist it if weather was bad. Weather was good and I left the left overs there. Curled for 4.5 hours so should have burnt off the extra calories I consumed. I was pretty good at 1860 for the day including 3 beer. I also made chocolate dipped strawberries which went over well. I made sure to use up all the chocolate I bought as I can't keep chocolate in the house even if it's the wafers for cooking.
Hope my weight is good tomorrow. I did mostly healthy foods.

lildebbieg 02-08-2014 01:25 PM

Checking in with another day of intense exercise. Day 13 of Chasing the Sun which was a 45 minute full body circuit + 60 minutes on the elliptical + 12 minute HIIT workout.

Aimee - Good job getting in a workout!

Mary - I love cheesecake!!!! And I also love chocolate dipped strawberries. Yum!

I'm off to eat a bedtime snack of Greek yogurt and raspberries. Then I'm going to do some stretching (my thighs are so sore from all the time on the elliptical!) then get a good nights sleep.

Kumochi 02-09-2014 01:05 AM

Glad to see you back on track Debbie. A quiet day planned. I plan on drinking lots of water. I received some reverse motivation while cleaning today - I came across a picture of me in a bathing suit from about 9 years ago when I was about 37 pounds heavier than now and at my heaviest ever weight. I was going to rip it up except my son and grandsons are in it. I've decided it should go up to my bedroom to remind me to keep working on fitness.

lildebbieg 02-09-2014 09:53 AM

Hi all! Checking in with Chasing the Sun Day 13 which was a 40 minute cardio circuit 1 that I did twice through. We then took the kids to the new Lego movie (very cute!) where I enjoyed some theatre popcorn...I split a small with my husband :D Later in the day I did a 12 minute HIIT workout and a 20 minute treadmill run. Tomorrow is a new week! Hope everyone had an awesome weekend! :D

Mary - Nothing like a before picture to keep you motivated. I have one myself. I never had one before I started trying to lose weight again this time around. I had my husband take a pic of me in my skivvies....and let's just say is was not pretty! That picture motivates me daily...even though I have it buried away! I take it out every month or so when I take a follow up pic.