Notices

Motivational Thread feb 3 to 9th

Old 02-07-2014, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

On track for this week. Family party tomorrow -- lots of curling -- however also lots of food and drinks. I need to find a balance between those two. Also I'm making a dessert however I don't want to make something I love in case we get another snow storm and I'm stuck with it. need to find something I can resist but everyone else likes!
Old 02-07-2014, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

A wise fitdayer who started the check in this week gave us an awesome motivational quote...."Don't try - Do". Thank you Mary!!! I'm taking this advice and applying it to my terrible week. In the past, when I lost motivation the longer it went on the harder it was to get back on track. I was one of those who would wait until Monday to try get back on track! Bad idea! Well, that was then and this is now! I'm not waiting until Monday, as of today I'm back in business!!! I'm not trying to get back on track, I'm doing!!! Happy to say I did day 12 of Chasing the Sun which was a 40 minute cardio circuit and followed it up with 60 minutes on the elliptical.

TGIF!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

Well done Debbie. I often find after a week where I blew it - I get a nice lose the next week when I get back on track. A lot of that gain is fluid.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence Mary I'm sure much of the gain this week was due to water retention, so I'll have to make sure I get in lots o' water for the next 7 days to help shed at least some of it! Have fun at your family party tomorrow. What did you come up with for a dessert?
Old 02-08-2014, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Strawberry shortcake's not too bad on calories if you make it with sponge cake and don't use sugary topping-- just plain strawberries. Most ppl like that as well. Either that or make pecan pie (if it were me-- I hate that molasses taste, lol). Good luck with the dessert option.

60 min on the eliptical Debbie? Plus, 40 min cardio? Wow...I just got to 30 min on the eliptical. That's impressive ;-) Good luck with continued success !
Old 02-08-2014, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

I like strawberry shortcake made with angle food cake however I went with the frozen cheesecake that comes with 4 different flavours. I new I could resist it if weather was bad. Weather was good and I left the left overs there. Curled for 4.5 hours so should have burnt off the extra calories I consumed. I was pretty good at 1860 for the day including 3 beer. I also made chocolate dipped strawberries which went over well. I made sure to use up all the chocolate I bought as I can't keep chocolate in the house even if it's the wafers for cooking.
Hope my weight is good tomorrow. I did mostly healthy foods.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Checking in with another day of intense exercise. Day 13 of Chasing the Sun which was a 45 minute full body circuit + 60 minutes on the elliptical + 12 minute HIIT workout.

Aimee - Good job getting in a workout!

Mary - I love cheesecake!!!! And I also love chocolate dipped strawberries. Yum!

I'm off to eat a bedtime snack of Greek yogurt and raspberries. Then I'm going to do some stretching (my thighs are so sore from all the time on the elliptical!) then get a good nights sleep.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Glad to see you back on track Debbie. A quiet day planned. I plan on drinking lots of water. I received some reverse motivation while cleaning today - I came across a picture of me in a bathing suit from about 9 years ago when I was about 37 pounds heavier than now and at my heaviest ever weight. I was going to rip it up except my son and grandsons are in it. I've decided it should go up to my bedroom to remind me to keep working on fitness.

Last edited by Kumochi; 02-09-2014 at 07:09 AM.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Checking in with Chasing the Sun Day 13 which was a 40 minute cardio circuit 1 that I did twice through. We then took the kids to the new Lego movie (very cute!) where I enjoyed some theatre popcorn...I split a small with my husband Later in the day I did a 12 minute HIIT workout and a 20 minute treadmill run. Tomorrow is a new week! Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!

Mary - Nothing like a before picture to keep you motivated. I have one myself. I never had one before I started trying to lose weight again this time around. I had my husband take a pic of me in my skivvies....and let's just say is was not pretty! That picture motivates me daily...even though I have it buried away! I take it out every month or so when I take a follow up pic.