Notices

Motivational Thread feb 3 to 9th

Old 02-04-2014, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation for Feb 4

Hello Fitsters! Today is my birthday, and I thought I'd say Hi to y'all!

Today I turn 56. I'm 5 ft, 2.5 inches and a few minutes ago weighed 115.

Last time I checked in with FitDay was Jan 1. At that time I wanted to loose my holiday bloat, and get back down to 115 before a ski trip on the first of February. Well, I made it! The first couple pounds were pretty easy, water weight I presume, but I had to work for the others. Anyway, I've been skiing this morning, and have been having fun, but the wind and snow picked up so we decided to sit the afternoon out.

I thought of you all after reading the headline news regarding new study showing the significant relationship between added sugar consumption and the increased risk of Cardiovascular disease mortality. As well as the increased risks of obesity, high blood pressure, dementia, type 2 diabetes, cirrhosis of the liver, and high cholesterol from excessive sugar consumption. Those of you who remember my prior postings may recall that I really wanted to start tracking my sugar consumption, because that is my worst food habit - my sweet tooth.

And -- as I typed that last sentence there was a knock on the door of my hotel room, and someone handed me a plate of chocolate covered strawberries! I kid you not! (Two are gone already!)

So, that's my 'stretch' goal for the coming year - Cut back on my sugar consumption by 20% (um, starting tomorrow.)

Not to mention (again) that I wish Fitday would add Sugar to their food database!

Yes, I can (and do) log my food elsewhere, but I miss some of the perquisites of the Fitday reports. (My thanks to Jim and Russ Determan! I couldn't have had my weight loss success without your help.)

Best of luck to all of you in your weight loss journey, and my best wishes to all who are suffering from pernicious illnesses.

Oh, & I agree - "Don't try - Do"

- Donna
Old 02-04-2014, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I'm struggling for some reason. I've been doing so well for so many months, but for some reason in the last week or so, I just feel like I've hit a brick wall. This wall feels like it's insurmountable! Not trying to bring anyone down....I'm just losing my fitness mojo. I'm going to need to dig deep to move past this! This has happened in the past...I achieve some success only to lose motivation and stop progressing. Why do I do this? Normally this happens much sooner than 5 months in...so I have to think this time is different. **Sigh!**

Becca - Hope your feeling better soon! Congrats on your weight loss this past week!!

Mary - 800 calorie deficit!!! Maybe that's what I need...to start counting calories again so I can see my deficit. I track calories burned in my workouts, but haven't tracked calories in months! I do love to see numbers....for a while at least and then that starts to drive me nuts...but maybe that will pull me out of my slump?!?!?!

Ian - Hi! Welcome back (I assume you were here before by your post). Very reasonable goals for a whole year!

Canary - Congrats on your progress!

Aimee - Love y our quote! Thanks for posting that...I needed that today!

Libby - I'm with you lady! I needed a day off exercise too...so today is the day! Nothing wrong with a little rest, but let's check back in with each other this week to ensure we get back to our workouts

Hebrew77 - Welcome! Stick around! The more the merrier

Okay, I feel a little better having just posted to my fitday friends. Deep breathe...keep moving forward right!!?!?!?
Old 02-04-2014, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Debbie. I hope entering calories for a while helps. Do you have any fun fitness activities? I noticed the difference walking the track today just having a friend walking and talking at the same time. One of these days I may try pickleball which seems to be popular at my Y.

Do you have a trainer of fitness advisor? Maybe if you have kept or developed a fair bit of muscle you are close to where your weight should be.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Plan food - Y, Y
2) Stay close to plan - More than, more than
3) Drink water - Yes, Yes
4) stretch - Yes, Yes
5) practice Spanish - Si, si
6) And borrowing from Mary, don't try, do - No, class
Old 02-05-2014, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Good day as I sit at my desk eating an apple. Had enough extra calories for an ounce of baileys yesterday.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Gee I'm talking to myself. I hope you all are out exercising, having fun or planning next weeks meals. Been on track today as too busy to find any food except what I brought for lunch. See you for weight in tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hi- I got hit with my monthly friend. Haven't worked out for 2 days due to cramping. Ugh...I'm not so sure I'll get good news tomorrow on the scale as I've been laying low and resting.

Debbie- I'm sure if you just keep counting and excercising, you'll get past your wall. I know those can be very frustrating though.

Mary- you're not talking to yourself, lol. I'm here.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

Yeesh....I'm so far off the track that I'm off roading!!! Trying desperately to pull it together. I'm struggling with some personal stuff that's really taking a toll

Aimee - I'm with you girl! Worst time of the month! My scale has devil horns right now and is laughing at me every time I step on it!

Mary - You're not alone! I haven't posted much this week....been feeling off for a week now....trying desperately to get back on track!

Hoping everyone is having a better week than me! I posted this motivational quote a while back....I wasn't even sure if anyone was getting anything from these quotes. I was happy to see it bumped up this week which had me reading it again. Funny, I was posting that to help motivate someone else, but I really needed to read that today! Thank you!!

"Today, give yourself the consideration and kindness you’d extend to the people you love. If you’re dissatisfied with your progress, remind yourself of all you’ve accomplished. If you made a mistake, cut yourself from slack."

Last edited by lildebbieg; 02-06-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Belated Birthday, Donna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by canary52; 02-07-2014 at 01:10 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Plan food - Y, Y, Y N
2) Stay close to plan - More than, more than, BINGE EATING W & TH
3) Drink water - Yes, Yes ? ?
4) stretch - Yes, Yes, Yes No
5) practice Spanish - Si, si, si mucho, mucho
6) And borrowing from Mary, don't try, do - No, class Meh, meh

Up 3 pounds, not a great week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.