Notices

Motivational Thread - Januray 27- February 2

Old 01-27-2014, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread - Januray 27- February 2

“Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” ― John Wooden

It seems to me that many of us had a rough week last week. This is a new week with new opportunities! I hope today's motivational quote resonates with each of you. It can be difficult when we first start on a weight loss journey (or have been on that journey for some time). We plan our diet and our exercise with determination. The first few weeks, we're focused and ready to take on the world! Then life happens. We didn't have a chance to plan our meals or something in our day caused us to miss our workout. These things sometimes lead us to giving up completely or make us feel like we're failing. This is why I chose the quote today. Even if we miss a workout or we've eaten something that's not conducive to our goal, that's no reason to ditch our plan for the rest of the day. We just pick up where we left off and keep forging forward. Focus on what we can do....what we can do to turn things around and continue on our path.

Wishing us all a great week filled with determination and personal successes!Here's to a great week ahead!
Old 01-27-2014, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

I like this quote.

Ok I weighed myself Saturday and I am getting too fluffy. Time to tighten the belt!!!

My goals:
1) plan food
2) stick as close to plan as possible
3) stretch daily
4) gym 2x this week (start small)
5) 6 glasses water
6) focus on work and achieve work goals
Old 01-27-2014, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

oatmeal with blueberries
clementines
tuna wrap with lettuce and onions
soup or hummus with chips and carrots
nuts
steak with broccoli
popcorn
Old 01-27-2014, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

I'm sticking with the same goals as last week.
Eat healthy
exercise daily
drink water
Y times 2 at least
Journal daily

Love the quote. Let's end January on a good note.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone. Here I am starting a new week . After last weeks desaster(SP) I am well aware that I need this site. I need to post and be acountable for everything. Even if the road is icey or the weather is cold, I can not use this as an excusse for not exercising. I refuse to regain everything I lost last year. The quote for this week, It really hit home. I have loged everything I have eaten so far today and I am on track. Decided to up grade to premium. I will see how I like it. Oh Hope I like what you said, I too am getting to fuffy.

My Goals.
drink alot of water
log everything I eat
exercise 3 times
post everyday.
eat 2 veggies and 2 fruits a day

Nyda
Old 01-27-2014, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all Checking back in with day 1 of my new 52 day rotation I'm calling "Chasing the Sun" . It's 52 days long...it will take me all the way until the first day of Spring! Yes, I'm seriously counting down! Today's Chasing the Sun workout was Cardio Abs and I followed that up with BodyRock day 12 workout. I'm just about to hop on the elliptical and do some extra cardio...I'm aiming for 60 minutes.

So glad this is the last week of January! I'm so over this Winter weather!

Nyda - Good job ditching the excuses! I'm glad the quote I chose hit home for you. It hit home for me too which was why I posted it.

Hope - Your menu looks yummy!!

Mary - I'm with you on seeing January out on a positive note!

Hope everyone has had an awesome Monday!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in (again).

Goals for the week

1-log EVERYTHING
2-plan plan plan
3-post daily
4-do not lose focus

For those that don't know me, and for those that do and think I dropped off the face of the earth...I started here in November of 2011, had great success. From November '11 till October 2012 I lost roughly 75 lbs. Then all hell broke loose. BF came home from the army (he was stationed in Germany) that October and being the wonderful GF that I am, I indulged his every culinary wish. If he wanted a cake, I baked him a cake. I baked a LOT of cakes. Everything was awesome. I lost focus on my health because I was focused on making him happy. I gained a little weight. No biggie right? Life was thrown upside down last summer. A lot of stress, a lot of fighting (BF's sister stirred up a lot of stuff) and then I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. I could barely move, and I was CONSTANTLY tired. Like, unable to get through the day tired. And I gained even more weight. I'm 6 months post diagnosis and am just now starting to feel like I can get back in control of my life. I'm 40 pounds heavier than I was when BF came home...and I'm miserable with it.

So...that's what's up with me. Looking forward to getting back in touch with old friends and making new ones.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Tori and good for you to be back before all the weight comes back. You know this program works if we use it. Hope to see you on the threads.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, your words spoke to me. I have let circumstances beyond my control derail me from my goal. Tomorrow I will do better.

Goals for the week

Calories under 1200:
Treadmill 3X:
Hand weights 3X:
6 glasses of water:
Post every day and weigh in on Friday no matter what

We are still waiting for the furnace part. We are looking at temperatures of
-27 tonight. I am so sick of winter.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:27 PM
FitDay Member

Good evening everyone. I worked till 9pm tonight I am so glad I don't work tomorrow. A few phone calls and then just relax. I did not do to bad today. I strained my wrist changing the plates on my car.It is now legal.

My Goals.
drink alot of water m-y,
log everything I eat m-y,
exercise 3 times
post everyday.m-y-
eat 2 veggies and 2 fruits a day2 veg 1 fruit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.