Notices

Motivational Thread - Januray 27- February 2

Old 01-28-2014, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

I had a post that got lost.

Tori, it's great to see you back, honey!!! So sorry to hear about the RA but we are here to support ya. I hope BF knows how lucky he is to have you!!!

I can't find who liked the fluffy comment but I had a magnet that said, I'm not fat, I'm fluffy lol.

Last edited by canary52; 01-28-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

I had a plan for today but my irritable laptop kept throwing me off FD. I think my equipment is possessed and I need Sam and Dean from Supernatural to come RIGHT NOW and fix this.

Sooooo plan for tomorrow:

Breakfast:
Ezkiel English muffin and goat cheese
Snack: orange
Lunch: leftover vegetable udon noodle soup or egg salad and baby carrots
Snack:100 calorie pack of nuts and raisins or chocolate Vitamuffin
Dinner: salmon and veg
Snack: popcorn or 100 calorie pack of pretzels
Old 01-28-2014, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcome back. It'll be a quick post tonight because it has been. LONG day.

1-log everything--yes, yea
2-plan plan plan--yes, yes
3-post daily--yes, yes
4-do not lose focus--yes, yes

See y'all good folks tomorrow
Old 01-28-2014, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

Things are looking up. The furnace part arrived today and the repair guy is coming tomorrow. I had a good day food wise but no exercise yet. When the basement is warm I will be using the treadmill again.
Congrats eej5.
Awesome work out Debbie.
Let's all have a good week

Goals for the week

Calories under 1200: T-Y
Treadmill 3X:
Hand weights 3X: T-Y
6 glasses of water: T-Y
Post every day and weigh in on Friday no matter what
Old 01-29-2014, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Hump Day!! It's going to be a busy day for me today and tomorrow so it will make it extra hard to get in my workouts. I'm committed to doing whatever I can...even if it's not as much as I would like it to be.

aimeet - Welcome! Glad you decided to join us! I'm sorry to hear you're already feeling frustrated....although I do completely understand! Losing 1 pound a week doesn't seem 'fair' when you're doing all the right stuff. It's this reason I believe that most people give up on their weight loss efforts....speaking from personal experience. You asked for tips...well here is the best tip I can think of...don't give up! That 1 pound a week will add up to 52 pounds in a year! Other than the obvious of not giving up, increasing your water intake to at least 8 cups per day and move as much as you can everyday. Unless you're training like an Olympian, you can exercise daily and not necessarily need a rest day. Some days can be a lighter form of exercise and other days a more vigorous form of exercise, but move daily...this is important!

Libby - Glad to hear your furnace should back up and running today! That took a long time to get the part!

Tori and aimeet - We have a weekly Friday Weigh In thread that some of us post to regularly. You're welcome to join us!

Have an awesome day everyone! I'll check back in at the end of the day to report how I did and to see what kind of day all of my fitday friends had. I know we're all going to rock it today right?!?! Later buddies!
Old 01-29-2014, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by aimeet_1

Also--in the past- I was only eating 2 large meals per day and starting 2 weeks ago I have been eating 3 smaller meals with light snacks 2 x per day. Any other tips ppl would like to share?
Are your journaling your food intake? Exercise is great however calorie intake needs to be controlled for weight loss. The best way to control it is to be aware of calories in and out.

Good week so far. The road to my office is closed so another snow day - and more exercise snow blowing. I booked a physio assessment for later this week. Time to deal with some mobility issues.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Erin,

Holy cow!!! Congratulations!!!! I felt the greatest about my body when I was carrying DD even though I started twenty five pounds overweight at least. But I had her with me!!! Take care of yourself and the bambina or bambino.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

lildebbieG- Thank you for the welcome and advice. Yes- I will most def. be doing the Friday weigh in. I think it will help me to be accountable. TY for the invite. And that is a good point about it being 52 lbs in one year. Slow & steady...Just wish I was the rabbit sometimes, instead of the turtle --lol. 8 cups of water per day...I'll try. I seem to be running to the bathroom every 5 mins now ;-)

Kumochi- yes, thank you. I have recently been logging my foods and calorie intakes. I seem to be averaging about 1500 calories per day which seems about right I think? Good luck with the snow blowing and physio assessment later in the week!
Old 01-29-2014, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all Checking back in with my workouts for the day. Today was day 3 of Chasing the Sun Challenge. It was a 40 minute cardio circuit. I also did day 15 of another 30 day challenge I'm doing plus 60 minutes on the elliptical. Whew! Lots o'exercise! It's getting harder to lose weight the closer I get to goal. Gotta keep it rev'd up to see those results!

aimeet - Glad you're going to stick around and join in on the Friday weigh in. I personally find the accountability has really helped keep me motivated!

Wow....it's quiet around here today...where is everyone?
Old 01-29-2014, 03:44 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all. The furnace guy came and put the new part in but it still was not working so he had to go and get another part. He came back about an hour later and put a different part in. It ran fine for a while but tonight it shut down again. The temperature is dropping again and by morning it will be cold. My frustration lead me to eat junk so it was not a good day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.