Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - January 20-26 >

Motivational Thread - January 20-26

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - January 20-26

Old 01-24-2014, 11:43 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, and Mary, I am so sorry for your losses.

This has been a tough week and I am hoping for a better one. I know I will have one. Mary, you are inspiring me!

I think it's also harder to lose with the cold weather because I'm not walking outside and once I get inside a warm place I don't want to leave. Still, the gym has heat; the car to the gym has heat. I've got to get moving. My back is starting to hurt from lack of movement.

Cassie, I hope you have your soup and banish that scratchy throat!!!~~~
Old 01-25-2014, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I finished my most recent 30 day challenge! Woohoo! Feels good to get another challenge in the books I'm going to plan my next challenge but it will be a bit longer than 30 days. I'm going to do this challenge until the first day of Spring! Hoping it will help me stay focused and on track for the rest of this dreadful Winter. I'm going to call it "Chasing the Sun"

Mern - So sorry for your loss. Work out those emotions on your new bootcamp dvd! Sending you big (((((hugs))))))

Libby - Good thing you have a woodstove! It has been a tough Winter eh!

Hope - Funny thing....I always lose better in the Winter than in the warmer months. I think I get lazier in the Summer for some reason? Gotta stay on top of that this year!

Cassie - Hope that scratchy throat feels better quick and doesn't turn into anything more! I'm in weekend warrior mode!

Jenn, Mary and Becca - Congrats on the 2 lb. loss this week! Way to go ladies! (apologies if I missed anyone?)

Have a great weekend all!
Old 01-25-2014, 02:44 AM
Banned

I get lazy in the summer months too...Im busy being out and about enjoying diff places etc...traveling...so the exercising is to a min.... but I gotta
do better and keep it up 24/7 during the whole year

Sorry Mern...glad you are at peace
Old 01-25-2014, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, everyone

Hope, I know you can turn it around; huge hug to you...

I agree with Debbie, taking out emotions on exercise is wonderfully cathartic.

Libby, hope you are staying warm. You have a good week going so far.

The boy is gone all day to a band festival a couple hours away (so peculiar to see him in his tux; I guess they have to grow up sometime ), so hubby and I are hunkered down for a productive day reconciling billing accounts & renewing contracts...a tedious process. I realized that working so much really has facilitated mindless eating, so I definitely need to be mindful today and every day. Thank you all for being here for my accountability. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

Checking in Eating well and getting exercise blowing snow. Mary
Old 01-25-2014, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, funny thing. I usually lose weight in winter because I do more social eating in summer. But lately I really feel like I have been storing up food (and plenty) in my body for winter. Been crazy hungry lately.

Cassie, we'll both turn it around. No more mindless eating!!! OK, OK, less mindless eating...
Old 01-25-2014, 10:44 AM
FitDay Member

One thing I find helps with the hunger is an extra protein shake (made with almond milk) when I feel too hungry to wait for my next meal. It seems to have a lasting effect.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Some exercise today digging out the end of the driveway. Thankfully it hadn't froze so it wasn't too bad digging it out--just a lot of it.
Jenn
Old 01-26-2014, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
One thing I find helps with the hunger is an extra protein shake (made with almond milk) when I feel too hungry to wait for my next meal. It seems to have a lasting effect.
I can do this. Good idea. What kind of protein do you use?

Hi, Jenn!!! How much snow did you get?
Old 01-26-2014, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

I use whey protein -- 120 calories for 20 gms protein. I use it for my breakfast with fruit and yogurt and almond milk to make a shake. When dealing with hunger I usually just have it with the almond milk. It can be mixed with water, coffee or anything else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.