FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread for Week of 1-13-14 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10531-motivational-thread-week-1-13-14-a.html)

cjohnson728 01-12-2014 11:55 PM

Motivational Thread for Week of 1-13-14

Good Morning!

I am coming off five days of stomach flu. Had my goals been sleeping and trips to the bathroom, I would have rocked them :p.

Feeling a bit more human today, so time to get some goals!

1. Log everything.
2. Exercise 5 days (M & W are 12-hour days at work)
3. 1300 calories.
4. Balance the pie chart for what works for me.
5. Force the fluids.
6. Check in and post daily.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend; looking forward to this week :)

Dcar4 01-13-2014 02:16 AM

Need Encouragement

I am new here, but not new to weight-loss and exercise. I have gradually gained about 20 lbs over the past couple of years, and really need to get it off! My BP is higher than usual & I feel like you-know-what. Weird how being overweight does that to me. Like my whole personality and outlook on life is different - all because I am overweight and HATE the way my body looks right now! Ready to do something about it & hoping that joining a group (something I've never done) might keep me motivated to get rid of my excess baggage. How can I join a group so that I can be accountable for what I eat and my weight loss goals?

libby116 01-13-2014 02:22 AM

Good morning Cassie. Thanks for starting us off. The week end started out rough but ended well.

Week 3
Day 4

Goals
Calorie limit 1200 YNY
6 glasses of water YNY
Treadmill 3X YYY
Hand weights 3X YY
Post daily and weigh in on Friday no matter what

Nyda, my daughter once took a bird out of a cats mouth. I thought it was dead. She held it in her hands until it revived and it flew away. We were all amazed.

eej5 01-13-2014 02:30 AM

Welcome DCar. Morning all.

Checking in. Got my sore but up this morning and worked out, so we're off to a good start.

Here are my goals for the week.
Keep calories to 1600-1700
Do yoga everyday (M-F)
Do Shred video everyday (M-F)
No Sugar!
Don't procrastinate on work stuff

libby116 01-13-2014 02:35 AM

Welcome Dcar4. I joined In January of 2013 weighing 195 pounds and I have lost 27 pounds. I still have a lot to lose but this forum and the people here have helped me accomplish what I have done. Make some goals and stick to them. You will succeed.

Dcar4 01-13-2014 03:09 AM

My goals this week:

No snacking after 8 PM
Keep calories at 1200/day
Workout Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat
Lose 2 lbs this wk.
Think GOOD thoughts
Do some housework!

01gt4.6 01-13-2014 04:13 AM

Recap from last week.
The Good: I got in my 3 workouts
The Bad: I only lost 1 pound
The Ugly: I fell apart over the weekend and didn't post

Kumochi 01-13-2014 04:20 AM

I'm back here where I need to be. Now to stay motivated.

Goals this week:
No bread or butter
Exercise and Sauna daily
Eat healthy
Post daily.

lildebbieg 01-13-2014 04:33 AM

Hi all :) Back to work today after being so ill for an entire week....and I'm dragging my butt!!! I was planning on getting in a workout this evening, but I have no idea where I'll find the energy! I'll need to start getting up before work again in order to fit it all it....but no idea where I'll find energy to get up early either! :p

Cassie - Poor you! I thought I had a rough week with the influenza virus, but being down with the stomach flu is simply awful! Glad you're on the mend!

Welcome Dcar4! There are a group of us who weigh in on Fridays and have a check in. You're welcome to join us! You'll find the Friday Weigh In post here in the Motivation and Support forum.

Libby - Hey buddy! Glad to see you're making good use of those hand weights!

Erin - Glad to know I'm not alone having to get up early to get in a workout! What time are you up? I'm up at 4:45....ugh!

Mike - Sorry to hear you fell apart over the weekend. Hope you're feeling back on track today.

Kumochi - Motivation can be tough...especially in the cold weather...at least I find ;) Where do you sauna? Are you lucky enough to have one at home?

Have a great day all!

Mern 01-13-2014 05:25 AM

Just flying by to let you all know I'm here and committed to doing well this week. Welcome SailorMoon, Dcar and any other newbies I missed.

Mary (Kumochi) Welcome home!!!! So great to see you here.

I gotta run. Had stuff to do this morning and have to babysit 4-midnight. I'll stay on track and will exercise.

Didn't have time to read any posts. Hope to catch up later today.

01gt4.6 01-13-2014 08:20 AM

I'm going to steal a goal from the ones that have posted so far.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 104883)
6. Check in and post daily.

Originally Posted by libby116 (Post 104886)
6 glasses of water YNY

Originally Posted by eej5 (Post 104887)
Don't procrastinate on work stuff

Originally Posted by Dcar4 (Post 104890)
Lose 2 lbs this wk.

Originally Posted by Kumochi (Post 104893)
Eat healthy

1) Eat healthy
2) Lose 2 pounds
3) 6 glasses of water (six 16.9 oz bottles)
4) Check in and post daily
5) Don't procrastinate work stuff

lildebbieg 01-13-2014 08:41 AM

Hi again! Checking back in with my workout of the day. Today was day 17 of my current 30 day rotation. Today was Rock My Abs which clocked in at 30 minutes and is an interval workout that alternates between abs and cardio. Feels so good to be working out again....although I did find it hard in the breathing department...my lungs are still not right after this virus. Hopefully exercising helps to move along the healing process :) Now off to make dinner.

Have a great evening all! ;)

libby116 01-13-2014 10:16 AM

Debbie, I am getting stronger and my arms are toning up nicely. I haven't lost a lot of weight but my clothes are fitting looser. YAY
I am glad that you are feeling better.

Week 3
Day 4

Goals
Calorie limit 1200 YNYY
6 glasses of water YNYY
Treadmill 3X YYYY
Hand weights 3X YYY

beccafries 01-13-2014 12:40 PM

I ate very good today...no bread!!
completed my workout- cardio n wts
I feel awesome:)

Debbie, glad you are feeling better..is Rock my Abs a dvd???
Welcome DCAR

cjohnson728 01-13-2014 03:49 PM

Mary, so good to see you again. Welcome back. I had a bit of a hiatus myself.

DCar, welcome to FitDay. I hope you get a lot out of the group. Holler if any of us can answer anything or help in any way.

Glad to hear folks are doing well & making muscles! Debbie, hope your "wind" comes back soon.

Mern, I hope you enjoyed the babysitting. I can think of worse ways to spend a day ;).

I made a big pot of turkey soup tonight. A freezer full of carcasses can be a wonderful thing.

Checking in:

1. Log everything. Yes
2. Exercise 5 days (M & W are 12-hour days at work) Yes
3. 1300 calories max. 1215
4. Balance the pie chart for what works for me. Yes
5. Force the fluids. Fair
6. Check in and post daily. Yes

adyndravo1 01-13-2014 04:46 PM

I had a long and busy day at work. No sitting down for this girl when working, to much todao. I went over 30 minutes tonight. I came home and ate abread and jam. not a good day today. I am so looking forward to tomorrow I have no place to go unless we can trank the cat. If it works I will take her to vet. Wierd cat, but need to get her spayed.
So any way welcome new comers and welcome back to others.

Goals this week
1 log everything eat m-y
2 post daily m-y
3 drink 8 cups water m-y
4 exercise on days don't work.
Nyda

lildebbieg 01-14-2014 02:50 AM

Good morning all! Checking in with day 19 of my current 30 day rotation which was a 40 minute HIIT workout alternating upper body (focusing on biceps) and cardio. Awesome workout! I'm feeling stronger today than I did yesterday, but I still find my lung capacity is not what it was.

Cassie - I too have a carcass in my freezer :p My sister's company bought turkeys for all it's employees and doubled the order to donate the extra turkeys to homeless shelters/soup kitchens over the holiday season. Well it turned out many of the employees didn't want a turkey and the shelter could only take a few turkeys. My sister ended up with 20 turkeys and couldn't even give them away. I ended up taking one and now will have to cook it up at some point and find creative ways to use all the meat. My kids don't eat meat, so it's only me and my husband. I'll definitely make a soup with the bones and I guess I'll be eating turkey wraps for months to come!

Becca - I've spent so much money and time on workout dvds over the years, that I ended up coming up with my own workouts and rotation. I named each of my current workouts and made a calendar like you would see in these expensive dvd series. I named them funny names....sort of a tougne in cheek funny...because sometimes I think the commercial fitness industry is ridiculous. Yes.....simple things amuse me ;) My workout today was called Bodacious Biceps! Although the names are funny, the workouts are no joke! I could market this stuff! :D

Libby - If you're clothes are fitting loser and you haven't lost any weight on the scale, that can only mean one thing....you're changing your body composition!!!! Losing fat/gaining muscle looks sooooo much nicer than just 'losing weight'! Simply dieting to lose weight will help you lose some body fat, but also you'll lose muscle. If you do resistance training while reducing calories, you'll lose body fat but you'll maintain muscle and/or even gain some muscle! more muscle = faster metabolism = easier to maintain fat lost in the long term! ......but you already new all that right ;)

Have a great day all!

01gt4.6 01-14-2014 03:40 AM

1) Eat healthy ehhh...no
2) Lose 2 pounds
3) 6 glasses of water (six 16.9 oz bottles) yes
4) Check in and post daily yes
5) Don't procrastinate work stuff yes

Dcar4 01-14-2014 04:09 AM

On track!

Hi everyone! Just finished making some lentil soup with squash, tomatoes, zucchini, and a couple pieces of Andouille! Can't wait to eat some. I started weight watchers a couple wks ago, lost 4 lbs 1st wk, went on a cruise 2nd wk (gained it back ) & now back on track since Sun. Started a new workout regimen yesterday (upper body sore - and that's a good thing). Accomplished all my goals yesterday (and then some..). On track to continue today. I have never joined a weight loss group before - but weight watchers is a program I think I can live with.

beccafries 01-14-2014 05:12 AM

Trying to drink More water , More water.....:D
Plan to work out when I get home for sure!

Dcar- soup sounds delish!!!

Kumochi 01-14-2014 09:59 AM

Pretty good day.
Healthy eating but a little high on calories.
Did my sauna and stretching yoga this morning.
Mental health break for lunch - drive in the sunshine and lunch with a friend
Need to drink some water this evening.
Nice to see you all

libby116 01-14-2014 10:04 AM

My food choices were not the best but I did keep my calories under my limit.
I hope the scale agrees. I reserved a piece of dark chocolate for later this evening. It looks like everyone is doing great Keep up the good work
Week 3
Day 5

Goals
Calorie limit 1200 YNYYY
6 glasses of water YNYYY
Treadmill 3X YYYYY
Hand weights 3X YYY

cjohnson728 01-14-2014 05:38 PM

Check in.

1. Log everything. Yes, Yes
2. Exercise 5 days (M & W are 12-hour days at work) Yes, Yes
3. 1300 calories max. 1215, 1222
4. Balance the pie chart for what works for me. Yes, Yes
5. Force the fluids. Fair, Yes
6. Check in and post daily. Yes, Yes

Long day. Hope you all had a good one.

Debbie, wholeheartedly yes, cook that gobbler up, refreeze it, and pull out what you need for sandwiches, soups, and anytime you need quick protein!

Laughing harder than I should have at "trank the cat" :) How did that go, by the way?

canary52 01-15-2014 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 104901)
I'm going to steal a goal from the ones that have posted so far.

1) Eat healthy
2) Lose 2 pounds
3) 6 glasses of water (six 16.9 oz bottles)
4) Check in and post daily
5) Don't procrastinate work stuff

Me too! With modification, these will be mine.

1) Eat healthy
2) Lose a pound
3) 6 glasses of water (48 oz)
4) stretch daily
5) Don't procrastinate work stuff[/QUOTE]

I got a good start. I threw out the delicious but deadly Chinese food I got yesterday first thing this morning.

This a quick fly by (stole that form Mern. Thanks, Mama!) Hi Mary!!! Great to see ya! Cassie, I love the first line of yoru first post but I hope you are well. In honor of goal 6, I will say hi new and not new (as opposed to old) motivators!!!!

eej5 01-15-2014 02:24 AM

Busy couple of days. Finally checking in again. Mix results midway through the week...

Keep calories to 1600-1700 -- blew it Monday, but got back on track yesterday.

Do yoga everyday (M-F) -- blew it yesterday, but back on track today.

Do Shred video everyday (M-F) -- See yoga line. But I was really active with home stuff yesterday. I got a spring cleaning bug a bit early.

No Sugar! -- if my goal was very little sugar, I'd be hitting it out of the park.

Don't procrastinate on work stuff -- Doing pretty well here. Sitter here this morning, so I'm about to get cracking on work again.

libby116 01-15-2014 02:57 AM

Week 3
Day 6

Hi all. I got my work out done and my menu planned for the day. If I stick to it I should be fine. It is encouraging to see so many people on track. We should have a good weigh in on Friday. I will post my results tonight. Have a great day. :D

My neighbours daughter is engaged and getting married in November so I have 10 months to lose 50 pounds, at least that is my goal. It will be hard but not impossible.

Nyda, did you get the cat to the Vet?
Mern, missing you, how are you doing?
Hope, good job throwing out the Chinese food. I don't think I could do it.
eej5, sugar, don't want it , don't miss it. Yay
Debbie, I hope you are back to 100%.
Mike, good goals;)

01gt4.6 01-15-2014 03:03 AM

1) Eat healthy ehhh...no, no
2) Lose 2 pounds
3) 6 glasses of water (six 16.9 oz bottles) yes, no
4) Check in and post daily yes, yes
5) Don't procrastinate work stuff yes, yes

Kumochi 01-15-2014 04:27 AM

Off to a good start. Sauna and Yoga done, meals on track. Now to enjoy my green tea.

New goal for today is to plan and prepare my meals for tomorrow and Friday. Two busy days ahead and if I'm not prepared you will see me in the drive through at lunch.

Hope I'm glad to see you use 'not new" as opposed to old. I'm older than most the people I run into through work and get tired of the way they consider any accused or complainant over 60 elderly. I'm 67 and sit there shaking my head when they do that!

My rant for the day.

lildebbieg 01-15-2014 06:39 AM

Hi all! Checking in with day 20 of my 30 day rotation which was a mix of back and hamstrings/butt alternating with cardio moves of course. Awesome workout and I felt more like my regular self again...only coughed a little bit. I followed it up with day 1 of BodyRock Catching Fire 30 Day Challenge which was a 12 minute HIIT workout (another free online 30 day challenge that started today). It was a decent workout for sure and I burned an extra 95 cals in 12 minutes...not too shabby ;)

Libby - I hope you're right tha twe have a good weigh in on Friday....I've been watching the scale this week and it's been mostly up? What's with that! Just gotta keep my focus and the scale will eventually follow...but maybe not this week for some reason? :p

Hope you're all having a great day!

libby116 01-15-2014 10:05 AM

Its been a good day. I was on track with my diet and exercise.
Week 3
Day 6

Goals
Calorie limit 1200 YNYYYY
6 glasses of water YNYYYY
Treadmill 3X YYYYYY
Hand weights 3X YYY
Post daily and weigh in on Friday no matter what[

We have one more day before weigh in. I hope every one is doing well.

Mern 01-15-2014 01:12 PM

I didn't vanish. Just have been super busy. Not logging my food or planning meals, or weighing in, but haven't been "cheating" so hopefully am a least maintaining my weight.

Been babysitting, transporting grandkids, working on a college reunion committee with some friends, and trying to keep up with two friends who are very ill.

Cheers to those of you who are doing well and hugs of support to those who are not.

cjohnson728 01-15-2014 03:24 PM

Just the facts tonight:

1. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Exercise 5 days (M & W are 12-hour days at work) Yes, Yes
3. 1300 calories max. 1215, 1222, 1150
4. Balance the pie chart for what works for me. Yes, YesFair
5. Force the fluids. Fair, Yes, Fair
6. Check in and post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes

Too little sleep; I'm done in. Looking forward to catching up tomorrow. See y'all then :)

canary52 01-16-2014 12:18 AM

) Eat healthy -no, because I'm eating too much
2) Lose a pound - no, gained a pound
3) 6 glasses of water (48 oz) - no I let myself get dehydrated
4) stretch daily - yes
5) Don't procrastinate work stuff - no I got sidetracked

One goal out of five, gotta do better than that.

Libby, I can't tell you how much I wanted that Chinese food later.

Mary, my daughter teases me and calls me old. I'm 53. But sometimes I feel old and I want to get out of that habit of thinking of myself that way. So I call the friends who have been here a while anything other than old because to me they are all young at heart and in spirit. Now let's work on our goals, fellow young people lol!!!

lildebbieg 01-16-2014 12:25 AM

Good morning all! Checking in with day 21 of my current 30 day rotations...today was 40 minute HIIT that consisted mainly of cardio and abs. I'll be doing day 2 of the new 30 day challanege this afternoon/evening. Tomorrow is weigh day, so I'll want to get in a last chance workout! Who's with me?!?! ;)

Have a great day all and remember your goals! While you're remembering your goals, remember why you started. I find that helps me stay on track to think about what got me to where I am today and what got me to where I was just a few short months ago. I don't want to go back there...ever! Thinking about this also helps me get my butt out of bed to workout at 4:45 am! ;)

Have a great day and remember, keep your eye on the prize!

libby116 01-16-2014 12:34 AM

I am turning the big six - 0 in March and I don't know how I feel about that.
I am just glad that I am losing weight and hope to be lighter than I was when I turned five - 0. I wanted to be at my goal but maybe I will be there by the time I turn 61. The main thing is I am working at it and I am lighter than I was last year. Can I hear an Amen.
Yesterday went well and I am stringing a line of good days together this week.
Tomorrow is weigh in and I hope to be down a pound from last week.

Hope, their must be some thing bothering you to let you get so far off track.
Find out what it is and things will get better. Hugs to you.

Good job Debbie. I will join you in that last chance work out. 45 min on the treadmill and some upper body sculpting. I can see a difference already and it will only get better.
Make the most out of the time you have.

canary52 01-16-2014 12:35 AM

Plan:
whole wheat English muffin with sf jam or dairy free cream cheese
berries
chicken and lettuce on whole wheat
Vitamuffin
tofu and veg stir fry
apple
100 cal pack of nuts or pretzels

lildebbieg 01-16-2014 12:46 AM

Libby - Amen! I'll also give you a HELL YA!!!! :p

Mern 01-16-2014 05:48 AM

Quick fly-by note on the subject of getting older:

Yesterday I told my 9 year old grandson he should have worn his heavier winter coat to school. He told me, but in a respectful tone, "I think maybe you feel colder because you're an old grandma." I told him he needs a winter coat because of the outdoor temperature, not because of how cold or warm his grandma feels.

I also told him that I pray that when he is 67 years old like me, he is as healthy as I am and that 67 seems old to him, but my doctor says I'm really healthy for my age. And I have a good, active mind and at my age can supervise three school age children and babysit an almost 5 month old baby. And that's what counts.

His reply was just a smile. LOL

Feel good about your age. It's just a number. :)

libby116 01-16-2014 05:58 AM

Amen to that sister.

01gt4.6 01-16-2014 07:33 AM

quick check in... I'm still chugging along, just been very busy. I've gotten in 2 workouts so far and the scale is down a little over a pound for the week.