Motivational Thread for Week of 1-13-14 >

Motivational Thread for Week of 1-13-14

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread for Week of 1-13-14

Old 01-16-2014, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go, Mike!

Hi to Debbie, Libby, Hope, Cassie, Mary, Erin, Becca, Dcar, Nyda, SailorMoon, Tori, and everyone else who is still with us but hasn't posted this week.

I'm up a pound on my scale, but it must be from too much sodium and not enough water again. Even though I haven't been logging my food, I'm sure it can't be fat regain. I'll get it off soon--not discouraged.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Checking back in with my second workout of the day...BodyRock Catching Fire Day 2...a quick 12 minute HIIT workout...doesn't sound like a lot but it was enough to get a sweat going! Love it!

Mern - Good job not letting the scale get you down. Sodium and water intake can make all the difference. I go up and down and all around and always just keep my fingers crossed that it's down on weigh day

Off to make a chicken stir fry for dinner. I still have to post my favourite recipes...never seems to be enough time. I'll try though...maybe tomorrow!
Old 01-16-2014, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Its been a good day. I came close to going over on calories but adjusted my supper so things are ok.
Week 3
Day 7

Goals
Calorie limit 1200 YNYYYYY
6 glasses of water YNYYYYY
Treadmill 3X YYYYYY
Hand weights 3X YYYY
Post daily and weigh in on Friday no matter what[

I hope every one is doing well.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Chinese food, recipes...this is one I've done. Tweak it to your taste and it's quite good WeightWatchers.com: My Recipe - Kung Pao Chicken

Looking forward to your recipes, Debbie. I love trying new ones. Thanks for the pep talk about the goals a while back. 4:45 is harsh; you are a better woman than I, but then again, I don't usually hit the bed till 1, so, um, yeah. One of the best things anyone can do is know what works for them and what doesn't; this process is definitely not one size fits all!

Libby, glad you caught your calories in time for an adjustment. Good for you, and good luck stepping on the scale tomorrow. It is mostly hard work and not luck, but still...good wishes!

Nice job, Mike, keep it up!

Way to keep perspective, Mern, with scale and with age. I really missed your wisdom while I was on hiatus

Hope, big hug to you. Be gentle with yourself and put one foot in front of the other. You can do it!!

Report today:

1. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Exercise 5 days (M & W are 12-hour days at work) Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 1300 calories max. 1215, 1222, 1150, 1245
4. Balance the pie chart for what works for me. Yes, YesFair, Yes
5. Force the fluids. Fair, Yes, Fair, Fair
6. Check in and post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
Old 01-16-2014, 04:21 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. been awol this week. I have not felt up to par ,but not sick. Don't know why. To day was a not a good day. Way to much junk and not enough good stuff.
My goals are sos. But Isee most of us are haveing good weeks. THat is good to see. I am going to get back on track on friday.
Sorry to say did not get the cat to the vet. May have to gain up on her with 3 or 4 of us. I am working the late shift in the bakery this week so not getting home till after 9 pm. See you to morrow. Nyda
Old 01-17-2014, 12:13 AM
FitDay Member

I agree. Good job not getting discouraged, Mern. The scale went the wrong direction for me for a couple of days, and I was so frustrated.

Then bam -- it went back down and then some.

Been a busy week. It's actually going to be pretty darn crazy for about 6-7 weeks.

But I've managed to stay on track with calories this week with the exception of Monday. And I'm getting my exercise.

Here comes the weekend. Yay!
Old 01-17-2014, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

A good week so far, Being prepared paid off yesterday as I had lunch and snacks with me. Didn't make that deadly run to Wendy's.

Where do we post our Friday weight in? On this topic or somewhere else? Mine is good as I always lose extra the first week.

I'm doing well on my New Year's Resolution which was to get rid of all the things in my life that are trying to kill me. So far I have replaced the sewing machine that was trying to electrocute me; thrown out several bottles of expired salad dressing and not over consumed alcohol. Not sure whether I can get ris of all stress so I'll go with the theory that some stress is good.

Re aging: Remember that in ten years when you look back at today you will think how young you were then. I was 40 when I separated and thought I was old then. It's too bad we have to know our chronological age. I'd go with a lot younger if I didn't know the truth! There are those who are old at 40 and those who are young at 90.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
...Where do we post our Friday weight in? On this topic or somewhere else? Mine is good as I always lose extra the first week.
Here’s the link to the Friday Weigh In thread. Glad you’re joining us!
Old 01-17-2014, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I posted some of my favourite recipes on the Food Talk forum....check them out and let me know if you try any. I’ll be posting more soon I’ll check back in late after I get in a workout...and some food in my belly
Old 01-17-2014, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, kudos on your second workout and on your weight loss this week! Thanks for your recipes! I'll check them out this weekend if not sooner.

Mary, way to go being prepared with lunch and snacks. You are so wise to get rid of dangerous things in your house. I hope you can get rid of as much stress as possible. I guess life would be kind of boring if everything went smoothly all the time. Maybe we should appreciate some stress as excitement that exercises our hearts. Eh? Yes, I felt younger physically 10 years ago, but I am happier now that I've learned that certain situations that didn't kill me made me a stronger person mentally and emotionally, and gave me more fortitude to deal with stressful situations as they arise and I survive them. At age 67 like you, I certainly do know people who at age 40 seem older than I feel. I don't think I know any 90 year olds, but I do know people my age who are more physically fit than I--like YOU.

Libby, way to go on adjusting your supper so you didn't go over in calories!

Cassie, fabulous reports this week! Well done! Thanks for sharing the Kung Pao Chicken recipe. It looks yummy. Oh, I'm good at sharing my wisdom when it comes to others. When I "grow up" maybe I'll put wisdom into practice for MYSELF more often. LOL Seriously, though, thanks for your kind words. One thing I really do practice is to try to not worry about stuff until I know for sure I have something to worry about. I wasted a lot of time in my younger days worrying about stuff, expecting the worst scenario to happen and most of the time it didn't.

Nyda, I hope you start feeling up to par soon. Best wishes for good sleep after your night shift and also best wishes with the cat.

Erin, great job on getting your scale numbers to go down. And way to go on staying on track with life being so busy for you right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.