Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational for the week of 1/6/14, Resolutions, Shmesolutions, Let's Get Serious >

Motivational for the week of 1/6/14, Resolutions, Shmesolutions, Let's Get Serious

Notices

Motivational for the week of 1/6/14, Resolutions, Shmesolutions, Let's Get Serious

Old 01-08-2014, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Whew... past 26ish hours have been busy, busy, busy. But I'm getting a breather now, and didn't do too bad with eating / exercise. I have a bad habit of letting good habits go out the window when things get busy.

I just proved I can eat well and workout (even if it's short) when I'm busy. Busy isn't an excuse despite my frequent use of it.

Libby... Glad you're not in too much pain. Kidney stones sound awful. I hope you get positive news from the tests.

How are you feeling, Debbie? Any better today?

Good job on the goals everyone. Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. Here's how I'm doing thus far.

1. Keep calories to 1600-1700 per day. Good. On target

2. No sugars outside of whole fruits and limited whole grains. OK. I had a couple of chocolates yesterday.

3. Work out five days a week. Good. They've been short several days, but I'm doing it. I'll focus on more quantity next week.

4. Drink more water. Good.

5. Yoga and/or meditate every day. Not good. Need to get up earlier so I can get this in. Hasn't happened all week.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, fantastic job yesterday. Kudos on accumulating that weight loss!
Old 01-08-2014, 02:38 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, I did an (oil-less) fried turkey.

Mern, Congrats on the loss so far.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all I'm really going to have some ground to make up once I'm better. I actually went to the doctor's this morning because I was starting to think I have pneumonia. Turns out I have a classic case of the influenza virus...she said I can have a fever for up to 7 days and feel unwell for up to 2 weeks. Ugh!

In the meantime, I'm happy to read all your check ins and seeing how awesome everyone is doing with their goals! I'll be back in the saddle soon enough
Old 01-08-2014, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry, Debbie.

I heard there's a lot of bad flu going around. Take good care of yourself. The last time I got bad flu, I thought I was going to die.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

hello all. Had some snow today. Got the errands run so can work on feeling better, just really tired. Here is some good reason to drink that water.
1 glass shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the ideters studied.
Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
Preliminary reasearch indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back a nd joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
A mere 2% drop in body water can trgger fuzzy short-term momory loss, trouble with basic mathm anbd difficulty focussing on the computer screen
Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the rick of colon cncer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of Breast cancer by 79% and one is 50% less likely to develope bladder cancer.
Now ladies and gentylemen lets get out there and drink oour water.
I hope this helps to motivate us all to drinking more water. I will post goals later. Nyda
Old 01-08-2014, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

Week 2
Day 6

Goals
Calorie limit 1200 YYYYYY
3 fruits and 3 vegetables YYYYYY
Treadmill 3X YYY+Y
Hand weights 3X YYY
6 glasses water YNYYYY
Post daily YYYYYY
Weigh every Friday no matter what.

I was hungry last night and went foraging for a snack. A few almonds satisfied the need for crunch and a cup of green tea filled and warmed me up.

We have one more day before Friday weigh in. If any one else wants to join us you are still welcome. The more the merrier.

I am so glad that we have a lot more people on the forum than we had in December. There were days when only two or three of us were on all week.
I hope we can keep this going all year. Your support is greatly appreciated
and your effort to lose weight is inspirational. Just look at how well we are doing.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report:

Babysitting great-grandbaby at 6:30AM tomorrow, so am closing down the kitchen and posting my report now.

Green= on target Blue=still time to achieve my week's goal Red= missed target

I had a perfect day today (doesn't happen very often) but in order to meet my goal of an average of 25g net carbs per day, I'd have to drop down to only 21g per day for the rest of the week. That seems like a self-inflicted punishment to me and that kind of deprivation is not beneficial for me for weight loss as it messes with my mindset and becomes a source of cravings. I want my way of eating to be a lifestyle, not a weight loss diet. So I'm going to accept Monday and Tuesday as blown carb limit goals and change them from blue to red and move on. And I feel good about that decision. To quote my doctor, "You don't have to be perfect, just better than you USED to be."

Calories 1200-1600 1734, 1354, 1374
Saturated fat average maximum of 12% of total calories 11%, 18%, 11%
Net carbs (total carbs less fiber) average maximum 25g per day 30g, 35g, 25g
Fiber averrage minimum of 25g per day 41g, 35g, 40g
Protein average minimum of 120g per day 147g, 84g, 123g
Dietary cholesterol average maximum of 250mg per day 254mg, 155mg gives me an average of 204.5mg, 165mg
Water 48 oz. per day YES, YES, YES
Exercise 3 days 1

Thursday Planned Menu

flaxmeal pancake and strawberries

protein shake

turkey or ham, spinach, and cheese wrap

almonds

lean pork chop, creamed spinach, cooked cabbage

celery stuffed with tuna salad. I use low carb ranch dressing instead of mayo.

Last edited by Mern; 01-08-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks for your encouragement, as always.

Debbie, so sorry you have the flu! Fever up to 7 days and unwell up to 2 weeks--UGH! The people I know who have gotten it this year have gotten bad cases, too. Wishing you wellness and comfort.

Nyda, I hope you will soon feel up to par and well rested. Being tired really saps one's strength. Thanks so much for your post on water. A lot of that stuff was new to me and really does encourage me to drink my quota. I am one of the few who deviate from the norm--even a 32 oz. bottle of water does nothing for me to curb hunger pangs. I've tried it all different temperatures to no avail. There are some doctors and diet gurus who say if you wake up in the middle of the night hungry, a protein shake is just fine. My shakes are only 1 net carb, so it doesn't mess with my blood sugar.

Libby, another awesome report posted by you! You are truly inspirational. Great job on the snack choice. DH and I buy 3 lb. bags of unsalted almonds from a grocery warehouse and keep one in the refrigerator and the others in the freezer until needed. Looking forward to my first Friday weigh-in. I have also been enjoying green tea--about 20 oz. per day. Sure feels good on these cold days! Thanks for all YOUR support. This is indeed a supportive and sharing group.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quick check in...I'm beat. I'm going to log food, finish a report, and hit the hay.

I'm sorry for all those still under the weather. I can't believe how much crud is going around lately.

Goals are fair to good. I have logged everything and made good choices (had catered lunch at the office today from a local restaurant...all sorts of cheesy pastas and garlic rolls - and cupcakes - and I had a plateful of mixed greens with 3 good-sized meatballs on top. Lunch out yesterday was grilled chicken on a Ceasar salad; I am not a dressings person, so that was fine, but I did eat the croutons!). My only questionable choice has been a couple servings of Annie's organic bunnies (like little graham crackers, but without the HFCS and transfats), so I'm okay with that.

I've been working evenings into night the past two nights, so no wiggle room left if I want to meet my exercise goal for five nights, but I think I can do it.

Hope, I think I may have made a typo. I meant I needed to be more patient with my DH, not nicer to my patients (I am always nice to them, although sometimes I grumble out of earshot ). But DH is in payroll/tax/accounting field, so this time of year is not fun, so I especially need to be patient

Have a great night, everyone, and congrats on all your good reports!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.