Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational for the week of 1/6/14, Resolutions, Shmesolutions, Let's Get Serious >

Motivational for the week of 1/6/14, Resolutions, Shmesolutions, Let's Get Serious

Community
Notices

Motivational for the week of 1/6/14, Resolutions, Shmesolutions, Let's Get Serious

Old 01-07-2014, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

Health and Fitness:
1) lose 3 pounds -1.6
2) gym 3 times no
3) 3 liter water per day yes
4) 3 fruits/veggies per day yes

Other
5) 3 Random acts of kindness (RAKs) no

I didn't get a chance to workout yesterday. I got out of the office late and just didn't have the time. I have plenty of days to go 3 times though.

Hope, that's exactly what I'm saying.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Report:

Although I went over in calories yesterday, it was by something good when right before bed I was hungry after eating all my planned foods, and ate 1 1/2 oz. almonds. At least it was protein.

Monday Report:

Green= on target Blue=still time to achieve my week's goal Red= missed target

Calories 1200-1600 1734
Saturated fat average maximum of 12% of total calories 11%
Net carbs (total carbs less fiber) average maximum 25g per day 30g
Fiber averrage minimum of 25g per day 41g
Protein average minimum of 120g per day 147g
Dietary cholesterol average maximum of 250mg per day 254mg
Water 48 oz. per day YES
Exercise 3 days

Today's planned menu:

flaxmeal pancake, strawberries, decaf coffee

low carb protein shake

Veggie soup, celery stuffed with a mixture of cooked spinach and Laughing Cow Cheese (creamy cheese wedge)

wrap of roast beef, fresh spinach, and horseradish sauce

baked green peppers stuffed with ground turkey, pan roasted cauliflower, onion and tomatoes and a tossed salad

flaxmeal muffin and low carb protein shake
Old 01-07-2014, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, pretty good start. Keep it up.

Hope, do you need some juju? Popeyes Chicken Reports 23147% Sales Increase After Saints Win | We love Nola
Old 01-07-2014, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hope, that's exactly what I'm saying.
Literally, like "spouse"? Did I miss something big? You didn't buy another ring this Christmas, did you?

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Since my team's out, I'm pulling for Saints...keeps my colleague happy; when he ain't happy, nobody's happy!

Off to lunch with an old, dear friend it's been too long since I've seen. Good choices, good choices, hmmm.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 01-07-2014, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, big gentle cyberhug to ya. So sorry you're feeling even more miserable today. Wishing you comfort and wellness! You're welcome for the "virtual soup." Were you able to eat some comfort food last night? Does your Mom live in a rural area or in a nearby town? I hear ya on your Mom's cooking. My Mom was a very good cook, as was my maternal grandmother. But my paternal grandmother was was a horrible cook--pie crust tough and thick, everything swimming in grease, and homemade applesauce (not exaggerating) always dark brown from an insane amount of cinnamon. But she made really yummy mincemeat pie filling with real meat, raisins, spices and whatever else one puts in it. And she was a wonderful seamstress--made me a couple dresses for church that made me feel like a princess. Thanks for your congrats on my weight loss. I usually lose a whole lot more on a restart, but in the past I was exercising five days a week. I know it makes a difference, but I just haven't got it in me right now. Even a pound a week adds up to 52 lbs. a year, so a slow steady loss is still something of which I can be proud.

Mike kudos on your clean eating, water consumption, and policy writing and accumulating weight loss. Way to go!

Libby, how did your tests go? I've been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Your daily reports are really wonderful. Thanks for your encouragement. I haven't come up with any new recipes lately, but when I do I'll be sure to share the successful ones.

Erin, great job staying on track and planning ahead. Did you get your workout in before kiddo woke up?

Hope, it's five above zero here right now, not counting the wind chill factor. Congrats on planning, logging, and getting outside. Did you buy anything for yourself on your shopping trip? Ooh, thanks for posting your menu. I had forgotten about the Ezekiel bread. I hope whatever the antibiotics are for is cleared up soon. How have you been feeling these days? Thanks for your encouragement. I could probably be losing faster if I was exercising more, but right now if I can lose even a pound a week, I'll be happy.

Cassie, wishing you good companionship and good choices on lunch out with your friend. Kudos on posting and logging. You have wonderful goals this week that should serve you well. Thanks for your encouragement, too. I got a great chuckle out of your subbing "patient" for "spouse" in Hope's number 7 on account of the "basement con." LOL! I also got a chuckle out of your Buzz Lightyear reference. Yesterday I compared my 4 month old great granddaughter to Veruca Salt, the spoiled little rich girl in WILLY WONKA who was so demanding and sang "I Want It Now." A line in that song was "If I don't get all the things that I want now, I'm going to scream." My GGD has taken to screaming in protest (not crying) if she's having fun playing with someone who hands her off to someone else, or if she simply doesn't want to do a particular activity that was introduced. The duration of the screaming varies--I get simply a short scream if I give her an "infant grasping ball" but she'd rather have her plastic keys or her floor gym. I'm sure she'll grow out of that when she learns to say "NO, thank you." Right now I'm just trying to smile and talk to her softly to try to convey the idea that her problem is not the end of the world and her needs will be met, but not always instantly. I almost always read Mike's posts in The Count's voice.

Last edited by Mern; 01-07-2014 at 04:04 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats Mern on the weight loss!
Good luck with your tests Libby.

I was watching Cityline this morning and they are having weight loss challenge. If anyone is interested you can find it at cityline.ca/weightloss. There is a 7 day meal plan. Probably other stuff too I haven't looked at the rest yet. I find meal planning the hardest. I'm not promoting anything--sometimes it's nice to get ideas from different sources. Everyone does it differently.

Jenn
Old 01-07-2014, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Literally, like "spouse"? Did I miss something big? You didn't buy another ring this Christmas, did you?

Nope... Hope and DH came down to NOLA again. We got to hang out again and even spend Thanksgiving together.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, thanks for your encouragement. Also, thanks for that cityline.ca/weightloss address. Wow, it looks like a really wonderful plan. Although I will continue to follow my own plan, there are a lot of great ideas that I could incorporate into my plan, so I saved the link on my desktop for frequent reference.

Especially interesting to me are in the downloadable food journal and Dr. Joey's 7 day meal plan. In those two sections alone one can find
--the hormonal steps to boost metabolism
--serving sizes and recommendations for ideal protein, fruit, veggies, fats and grains
--meal suggestions
--lots of recipes

Last edited by Mern; 01-07-2014 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

Week 2
Day 5

Goals
Calorie limit 1200 YYYYY
3 fruits and 3 vegetables YYYYY
Treadmill 3X YYY
Hand weights 3X YYY
6 glasses water YNYYY
Post daily YYYYY
Weigh every Friday no matter what.

It was easy to get all my water in today. I had an ultra sound on my kidneys this morning so I had my six glasses in before noon today. My doctor should have the results by Friday. I may have to go for lithotripsy
again to blast kidney stones. This summer I had unexplained bleeding from my left kidney for a whole month. A month later when they did an internal scan they couldn't see why it was bleeding. Now they are doing a follow up to see how many stones I still have and where they are. What a pain.
It's only 2 more days till Weigh in. Let's give it all we've got.

Debbie, here is some cyber chicken soup and a big hug. Get well soon.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, as usual, you're doing a stellar job on your goals. I applaud you! I'm glad you don't have to wait very long to get your kidney test results. Have you been in a lot of pain? Our nephew has been having a really hard time with his kidneys and they haven't decided whether he has an infection or stones (he's had several before) or what. He's in a lot of pain. I'm guessing you have been, too. Do stones run in your family or do they know the cause of yours? Big, but gentle cyber hug to you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.