Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 12/16/2013

Old 12-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Default Motivational Thread Starting 12/16/2013

I have never joined the Motivational Threads because I have always been involved in a "fitness" challenge on another forum but I was banned! I would love to be part of this thread. And MERN PLEASE COME BACK!!!

Soooo, I am starting the new thread for this week. I realize it is Tuesday but since I am still up it is Monday plus the last thread was dated Dec. 9th!

My goals for the week are... Monday - Saturday

1. Run 4 days Mon/Yes
2. Lift heavy 3 days Mon/Yes
3. Eat 1100-1200 cals Mon/Yes
4. Check P.O. Box at least once this week Mon/No
5. 6 hours sleep Ha will know tomorrow!
6. Ignore ex He used our sick, retarded kitten as excuse to call and text 3 times today, I did not call him back so Mon/Yes!
7. Accept 1 date Mon/said maybe
8. Make 10 dozen buttermilk xmas cookies Mon/5 dozen done!
Also, am I the only one who just isn't excited about Christmas this year?
Old 12-17-2013, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks vabeachgirlNYC for starting us off. Yeah, that was me who started it on Tues last week.

GOALS
1. Clean the house--including emptying out the fridge and wiping it out (yuck)
2. Purchase presents
3. Drink 6 glasses of water a day
4. Exercise 5X
5. Eat healthier

You are not the only one that isn't feeling the Christmas spirit. Christmas is the time when I miss loved ones who have passed. My sister loved Christmas and we always shared in the preparations--this year there is no tree, no decorations and I'm ok with that. Plus my brother will be going to his wife's family for Christmas again so Mom and I will be alone.

Jennifer
Old 12-17-2013, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

OMG if Vabeachgirl is going to join, that means I may have to join.

After being out of the gym (due to my back) for a couple months, I joined a (different) gym yesterday, so I guess I can make that a goal and scratch it off my list.

I'm going easy on the goals since I've been a major slacker lately, baby steps... baby steps.

DONE1) join the gym yes
2) workout 3 times yes
3) drink a lot of water no
Old 12-17-2013, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

Vabeach, I'm not in the Christmas spirit, however, I'd bet that some buttermilk cookies could change that. Poor retarded kitty... wait, aren't all kitties retarded? Good job on the strong start.

Jennifer, nice set of goals you have there. How about this, I'll increase my workout from 3 to 4 if you increase your water from 6 to 7?
Old 12-17-2013, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! Since I'm not very good at sticking to goals I will give this a try. For my first goal I will make it as simple as just logging my food daily.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

jjrudd, Mon? Tues? It's all the same to me intil Friday gets here lol! I love the weekends!

I also think about those that I will not see again. I will miss how Christmas used to be. So sorry about your sister. I'm sure your mom appreciates that you will be spending Christmas together.

01gt4.6, my kitten really is retarded. Mentally and physically stunted. Now labled as kitty down syndrome. Makes her super sweet and cuddly.

Glad to hear you joined another gym. Whats up with not drinking enough water? I probably drank too much washing down the 2 buttermilk cookies I ate last night.

LMB2011, I think it's smart to make a simple goal when it's such a good one!

I gave in on my #6 goal and texted my ex to update him because it was the right thing to do. Kitty is almost one and only weighs 4 pounds and not doing as well as I hoped. Her small size makes it harder for her body to fight off being sick.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

vabeachgirl, I am coming back. Thanks. Just haven't got around to posting--stuff going on. Will post more tomorrow.

Jennifer, big hug to ya. I know it's hard. I so miss my sis, too, but she loved Christmas so much that I believe she'd find a Heavenly way to whop me upside the head if I didn't put up my tree. Her daughters joke that she's probably driving the angels nuts trying to put silver tinsel and glitter all over their wings and on the Pearly Gates.

Mike, LOL on the kitty. Congrats on joining a different gym.

LMB, welcome. Congrats on being down on the scale each year and for starting out with simple goals.

Everyone, congrats on posting your goals. I'll do mine tomorrow. It will probably be more in baby steps toward resuming exercise, though, rather than committment to not indulging in the Christmas goodies. I will try to not binge eat carbs, though.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Yay! Hi Mern!!!
Old 12-17-2013, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, vabeachgirl

"Just do it." Such good advice--my same ol', lame ol' excuses just don't cut it.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Hi, vabeachgirl

"Just do it." Such good advice--my same ol', lame ol' excuses just don't cut it.
I have always told myself to Just Do IT, because no one else is going to do it for me! A very wise man told me to instead think... I Will Do This.

So I do, not just my health and fitness but everything I do... because I am worth it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.