Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 12/30/2013--Resolution Time

Old 01-02-2014, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, everyone.

Thanks for the welcome.

Mern... my little one just turned two, so that should help my weight loss efforts. Her favorite game right now is "race," which just means running in circles around the house or down the street.

She also loves to do the pokey pickey (hokey pokey), which I realized is a lot more cardio than I remember.

I really struggled with wanting to binge at the end of the day yesterday, which is my usual pattern, but I stayed strong. I made a cup of herbal tea and ate a clementine, but resisted other temptations.

Erin
1/1/14 -- 186 pounds
Immediate Goal -- 160 pounds
Longterm Sustainable Goal -- 145-150 pounds
Old 01-02-2014, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hi every one. It is so nice to have new and returning people on the board.
We can all encourage each other. Tomorrow is weigh day and I hope to see the scale moving down again now that I am back on track. Come and join us.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

Today went well.

GOALS
1. Stay within calorie limits under 1100 W-Y T-Y
2. Eat 4 servings fruits and vegges W-Y T-Y
3. Drink 6 glasses of water W-Y T-Y
4. Lose 1 pound
5. Post daily and weigh in on Friday no matter what W-Y T-Y
6. Use the treadmill 3 + times a week W-Y T-Y
7. Use hand weights 3 times a week T-Y

Personal goals
1. Clean and organize sewing room (I bought some storage boxes}
2. De-clutter living room W-Y T-Y
3. Donate clothes that are too big Y
4. Work on quilts and finish up projects before starting more Y
5. Keep the kitchen clean W-Y T-Y
Old 01-02-2014, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, thanks for your encouragement on my restart. You are doing well, too. Isn't there some myth about if you do something for 17 days in a row it will become habit? Or maybe I'm just an exception to the rule--it takes way longer than that for me. I got in part of my exercise today by laying 4 month old great-granddaughter on the floor on a blanket and dangling my resistance band above her (just so she could grasp it but not strangle on it or put it in her mouth) while I did the aerobic walking steps. She seemed to enjoy the new game. I got a chuckle out of reading your son and DH were playing Xbox instead of cleaning the basement. Thanks for the offer of your basement if I lived closer. So that won't work, but USPS has that shipping bargain "If it fits [in the box] it ships." Beware if the postman heads to your door with a box big enough to hold a 6' 1" man.

Erin, kudos on resisting the binge eating last night. Evenings are hardest for me, too. I've been trying to plan ahead for my evening snack to avoid binges. Eating 6 small meals instead of 3 larger ones also helps me keep from binging most of the time. I think because eating that way helps stabilize blood sugar so cuts down on cravings. It's usually carbs that I crave. I have been known to binge on occasion despite my knowing how to not do that. Your little one sounds adorable--and like quite a workout. "Hokey pickey" (how cute is that!) does sound like cardio now that I think about it.

Libby, congrats on another great report! Best wishes on your weigh in day.

Last edited by Mern; 01-02-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mern. Did you get a new scale? I have to step on mine 3 times to know if it's working LOL.
I haven't made much progress since September so Now it's time to get my butt in gear and use the treadmill and hand weights. Now that I have some DVD's thanks to Deb I know what to do. I am going to work on it gradually so I don't injure myself. If I can lose another 20 pounds this year I will be happy after all it took me 30 years to gain it. Am I still the shortest person on the board? Small but mighty! Have a great day all.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all

Checking back in to say...I should never create goals that I'm not going to stick to...only setting myself up for failure. When I posted here the other day and saw other peoples goals of water consumption, calorie goals, etc. I followed suit and set up similar goals. Rewind back to all the times I've tried to lose weight in the past decade...yes decade!! I either counted points or counted calories and felt confined and like a constant failure. This time around, I once again started by counting calories which is why I ended up here again on fitday. HOWEVER....I again felt confined and like a constant failure. I then made a miraculous discovery....I can do this without counting calories! I just stay honest with myself...I drink water when I'm thirsty....I don't restrict anything I eat, but I do pay attention to portion control...and I workout ALOT (which I love!!!!). So that's it...I'm going to check in with my workouts for accountability and leave the other goals to those of you that they work for

12 Week Exercise Challenge, 84 days...84 workouts
Week 5, Day 1 - yes
Week 5, Day 2 - yes
Week 5, Day 3 - yes
Week 5, Day 4 - yes
Week 5, Day 5 - yes
Week 5, Day 6 - bad day....did no exercise at all!
Week 5, Day 7 - back n track!!

Libby - So glad you received the package! Hope you like the workouts! I'm excited to hear what you think of them as you get a chance to try them out!
Old 01-02-2014, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Mern... carbs are my downfall too. I made sure to save back some calories today... so I've got 150 or so I can "spend" tonight on an after dinner snack. Trying to decide what I want most. It probably sounds crazy, but I think it might be toast. Mmmm... bread.

And I too have to step on the scale multiple times. I guess I probably need a new one as well. This morning, I got three different weights -- with a full pound of difference -- within 10 seconds.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:11 PM
FitDay Member

I had a quite day. did some sewing and took a nap. When my sister got up from her nap we tried to get spot in the pet carrier. My sister lost control adn spot clawed her a bit and then got away. Will have t call the vet in the mroning and make a new appointment think I might see if we can get a seditive and see if that is less tramatic on her and us. Spot by the way is a 9 month old cat. All her brothers and sisters turned out tbe very nice cats, don't know what is wrong with this one. She is in season and we need to get her spade. If any one has any ideas I am open for trying any thing right now.
I did so so today. I am better then yesterday. I am going to be stricter on myself tomorrow. THank you all for the support and just being here everyday. I need this to keep me going and I wasnt to loose about 30 pounds by July.
Nyda
Old 01-02-2014, 03:28 PM
FitDay Member

**slinking in and looking around** okay, there are few "faces" here that I recognize.

Yeahhhhh. It's been way too long. So so very much has been going on and I've completely fallen off the wagon. In fact, the wagon has lapped me numerous times.

I don't have time tonight to go in depth with why I've been gone. But plan on holding on to the wagon as it drags my fat a$$ along next week.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:38 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie: I am so excited about the DVD's. I tried 3 of them tonight and they are going to give me a good work out. I started with the total body toner and worked till my arms were tired. Then I tried 6 min. abs and finished with
Yoga for beginners. I could do a different work out every day with endless possibilities. You have made me look forward to exercising. I am going to look hot this summer at least hotter than I have looked for years. I can't thank you enough.

Nyda: What were you sewing? I would rather sew than do house work but that gets me into trouble. I had a brat of a cat. He bit every one that came to our house. He is gone now but I still miss him. So glad you came back.

Mern: So glad that you are back. Give that grand baby a big hug. I hope that we can be as supportive as you are to us.

This is going to be a good year. Let's see what we can accomplish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.