Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Starting 12/30/2013--Resolution Time >

Motivational Thread Starting 12/30/2013--Resolution Time

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 12/30/2013--Resolution Time

Old 01-01-2014, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

Hi to Mike! Are you going to post goals or are you just moderating?

Donna, welcome back. I've been gone, too. Incredible how much weight we can gain during the holidays. I wonder if that's our bodies' knee jerk reaction to a sudden onset of fat and calories and maybe it (just the rapid gain part) CAN come off as quickly as we put it on.

lildebbieg, we're always happy to have new people join our group. So welcome! I hope you find the motivation and accountability that you need here. I had in the past and when I left I started regaining. I really do need the support. Oh, thanks for the reminder. I forgot about those handy egg muffins that can be cooked up ahead of time. I enjoy them with broccoli or ham added. I've restarted weight loss many times. Congrats on your net loss to date.

Cassie, hi! I've been gone for many months. OMG, I can't imagine working 60+ hours a week--do you feel both physically and mentally run down? How's your son? I am immensely enjoying babysitting my now four month old great-granddaughter two or three times a week. She's a fun, healthy, happy baby.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Just beginner's goals for me again as I get my feet wet...

1. Log everything
2. Get some exercise of some sort daily.
3. Post/check in daily.

Mern, hi to you as well! I am so glad you are enjoying that great-grandbaby. I had both my grandmothers close growing up and it was a priceless blessing. I know you will need your stamina as she gets older and starts to scoot around!

I am indeed physically and mentally exhausted. On a good note, my son is doing well, but busy, and unfortunately he's developed some of my bad workaholic habits, and my concern for him is part of what was a wake up call for me. So as they say, everything happens for a reason, right?

On another good note, I've heard that what you do on New Years, you will do all year long, so I am on FD and my hubby and son are cleaning the basement. I could get used to this !
Old 01-01-2014, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Donna and Cassie. The more the merrier Debbie! So nice to have a big group again!
Jenn
Old 01-01-2014, 10:52 AM
FitDay Member

It's been a productive day but I still have a lot to do. I walked into the sewing room and didn't know where to start with the clean up. I am going to plan out what I want to accomplish before I tackle that room. Till then I am keeping the door closed. The project that I am working on now is knitting an afghan for the couch. I gave up on the sweater and decided to make an afghan instead. Today went well.

GOALS
1. Stay within calorie limit under 1100 W-Y
2. Eat 4 servings fruits and vegges W-Y
3. Drink 6 glasses of water W-Y
4. Lose 1 pound
5. Post daily and weigh in on Friday no matter what
6. Use the treadmill 3 + times a week W-Y
7. Use hand weights 3 times a week

Personal goals
1. Clean and organize sewing room (get a few projects done first)
2. De-clutter living room W-Y
3. Donate clothes that are too big (when I lose 10 pounds)
4. Work on quilts and finish up projects before starting more
5. Keep the kitchen clean W-Y

Last edited by libby116; 01-02-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie and Donna, nice to "see" y'all again.

Mern, I'll be lurking until Monday.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, all.

I've recently returned to fitday after a long hiatus. I first started using this site more than 10 years ago.

A lot has happened since then, and now I find myself 20+ pounds above my healthy weight range and 50 pounds heavier than I was 10 years ago.

We're struggling with infertility (again), and I know dropping the weight and being more active will help.

When we were successful with our daughter, I was in the same spot. I dropped 20 pounds, and got pregnant. Maybe it was coincidence, but I don't think so.

So here I am hoping to join your group and resolve to clean up my act in the new year.

I actually started Friday when we found out our latest attempt to get pregnant failed.

My daily health goals going forward...
Keep calories to 1600-1700 per day
No sugars outside of whole fruits and limited whole grains
Work out five days a week
Drink more water
Yoga and/or meditate every day

Erin
1/1/14 -- 186 pounds
Immediate Goal -- 160 pounds
Longterm Sustainable Goal -- 145-150 pounds
Old 01-01-2014, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Happy New Years to everyone I'm a newbie. I'm trying to lose weight again I was doing fine until I started lacking off because of my job duties. I hope to lose the 25 pounds I gain and lose some more weight. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this struggle just turned 50 last November so I'm trying to get use to the changes in my body with menopause and all but I'm handling it well. so, again I just wanted to say hello and wish me luck.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone. Hi to all the old faces and welcome to the newcomers. Everyone is welcome here. I got the bakery job and work 3 to 4 days a week. for 7 hours a day. I do a lot of heavy lifting of forzen bread dough. So easy not to eat any. Because of the job I only gained 3 pounds back. I know that posting here makes a difference. I have to have someplace where I am held accountable for the bad choise I make. I alsooooo really missed everyone here. It is nice to know that at the end of each day I can come here and read everyones posts. It caps the day off, and I know I did my best, or that I need to work harder.
no goals this week. I just want to get back on track. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!! Nyda.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:30 PM
FitDay Member

Restart report beginning with Wednesday:

Calories: 1200-1600 per day 1228
Sat fat average: maximum 12% of total calories 11%
Dietary cholesterol average: maximum of 250mg per day 227mg
Fiber average: minimum 25g per day 40g
Protein average: minimum 120g per day 127g
Net Carbs average (total carbs less fiber): maximum 25g per day 20g
Exercise: 3 days per week for first three months. Any extra is a bonus 1
Water 64 oz. per day. Lost track--probably closer to 48 oz.

Cassie, you are so right about needing my stamina to keep up with my great-granddaughter. Noticing how stiff I am getting up and down from the floor playtime is what spurred me to restart. I hope you can help your son find balance in work and free time before he heads off for college. I know it's not easy for those who are driven to work hard for success. Geez, I wish I'd had a basement to put my husband in a couple days ago when he was so crabby. LOL

Libby, great restart yesterday! I never did learn to knit or quilt. Wasn't interested in doing it myself, but surely do admire the artistry of others.

Mike, looking forward to seeing your goals Monday.

Erin, welcome back to Fitday. Glad you joined our group. How old is your daughter? Best wishes on your weight loss and future pregnancy.

Rosebud, is your given name Pretty or is that a nickname? I love your username of rosebud, too. Best wishes as you travel through menopause. I believe that drastically curbing caffeine intake helped get me through the hot flashes. Whether that's true or a figment of my imagination doesn't matter in the end.

Nyda, hi! Congrats on the bakery job and on your restraint in eating baked goods. My father was a great baker--he made yeast rolls, breads and doughnuts that make my mouth water just thinking about them. Like you, I needed to come back here for encouragement to be accountable to myself and to share support in this journey to better health.

Last edited by Mern; 01-01-2014 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, congrats on a great day yesterday! If you were closer, you could stash your husband in my basement. Unfortunately, I made the mistaken assumption that they were down there cleaning (since that is what they said they were going to do...silly me). They were actually playing Xbox, but have promised to clean it this weekend.

I see I'm not the only one who's struggled as a result of job situations. Nyda, I totally relate to enjoying capping the day off with FD, and also starting it out that way.

Libby, knitting an afghan sounds like a wonderfully warm pasttime. I am also personally a big fan of keeping the door closed until ready to deal with it...both with regard to messy rooms and metaphorically with looming issues . I know you'll get to it when it's time.

Jenn, Donna, Mike; hi and Happy New Year; great to see you!

Erin, best of luck with being able to conceive. I am sure that is a long, emotional road, but seems like you are doing everything you can.

Hello Rosebud. You are definitely not alone in the struggle. Good to meet you.

Well, yesterday I logged everything, did some time on the exercise bike, and posted. Now I just need to keep doing it long enough to make it a habit! Will check in later.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.