Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 12/9/13

Old 12-09-2013, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mike. I think I'll just use the same goals this week.
Mern, she's better now but still has occasional twinges in her leg. My brother lives 2 hrs away from us and unfortunately my Mom can't do the stairs at his house. His stairs curve and have no railing at the landing (just a post)--ours are carpeted, less stairs and go straight up. So...we won't be seeing them at Christmas. For whatever reason he is not willing to compromise and come here. Makes me sad that I won't see my niece for Christmas but it is what it is.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I think I am coming down with some thing. My head and back were aching this morning. I just can't get warm. It might be the flu bug going around. Stay well all.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd join the reunion! Robin brought me back too. She's gathering the flock lol. Thanks for the PM, honey! Good to see you guys here! Libby, I hope you feel better!

Maybe I can have modest goals:
1) drink more water
2) stretch
3) try not to eat too much after 8 pm

I am finding more joy in this season by doing less. I think that all the gift giving, shopping, food, etc. is nice - to a point. Then it becomes stressful and overdone. For me. I have done this so much, so this year: simple. Another goal, I guess.

Last edited by canary52; 12-10-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I am feeling better and have been exercising for 3 days straight. I hope to be down to 166 by New Year's Day. It's easier to keep the weight off than to gain and have to take it off again. My neighbours daughter is getting married in November of 2014 and I want to lose another 20 pounds by then.
That will put me at 146 which I haven't seen in 15 years. I hope I can make it.
Where is every body?
Old 12-15-2013, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Libby. I'm still here--this week has been busy with Christmas preparations.
I did get my exercise in today with half an hour shovelling snow. Congrats on the 3 days of exercise. I need to get into more of a routine myself.
Jenn
Old 12-16-2013, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Trying to stick with my goals, but it's so freakin' hard right now with holiday family gatherings, birthday parties, etc. Doc appointment Wednesday won't be good as far as weight loss goes. Haven't lost an ounce in three months.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Mern. Glad to see you back. I feel like I am spinning my wheels getting no where but then I think of where I would be if I hadn't started in January.
Hang in there. The holidays will soon be over.