FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread starting 10/21/13: A New Start Yet Again (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10246-motivational-thread-starting-10-21-13-new-start-yet-again.html)

canary52 10-21-2013 01:54 AM

Motivational Thread starting 10/21/13: A New Start Yet Again

Starting over:

My resolutions:
1) plan meals and stick close to it
2) lose 3 pounds this week
3) stretch
4) writing must be my priority; set priorites and stick to `em
5) practice Spanish
6) throw out (recycle) 5 papers or 3 unnecessary items (clothes, books,etc.) daily
7) organize 3 aspects of writing (files, notebooks, index)
8) drink more water
9) meditate
10) be more mindful so I stop knocking over water glasses (especially into open drawers), locking my keys in the car, taking other people's things home, etc.
11) As the Buddha said, "Don't speak unless it improves on silence." Or just talk less.
12) Find the positive (it's there.)
13) Don't feel guilty for saying no or setting reasonable limits.
14) reach out to one person a day
15) get outside every day, even briefly
16) remember to take my pills morning and night

It's like New Years in October! Happy New Year, all! What are your "resolutions?"

libby116 10-21-2013 03:05 AM

Hope: Thanks for starting us off.
Weight today 169.5
Goals for the week
Drink 6 glasses of water:
Eat mostly fruits and vegetables:
Under 1100 cal. per day:
exercise 20 min 5X: M-30
Quilt an hour 3X:
Knit 2X:
Lose 2 pounds:

It's going to be a challenge but also something to focus on.
I want to be 159 by Christmas.

jjrudd 10-21-2013 04:44 AM

Great goals ladies!!

I'm still going to be checking in but my goals will be simple. I'm really tired today. Hopefully tomorrow will be the last round of IV for my Mom.

Goals
1. Drink 6 glasses of water
2. Try to get enough sleep
3. Eat more fruits and veggies
4. Stay within carb limit

Personal goals
work on writing

Jenn

canary52 10-21-2013 05:00 AM

Great goals!!

Libby, I like to have a date too. Mine is Novemember 8th: I want to lose nine pounds by then.

Jenn, I hope your mom is OK. Good luck with the writing.

libby116 10-21-2013 10:25 AM

Weight today 169.5
Goals for the week
Drink 6 glasses of water: No but the day isn't over yet
Eat mostly fruits and vegetables: Yes
Under 1100 cal. per day: Yes
exercise 20 min 5X: M-30
Quilt an hour 3X: Yes
Knit 2X: No
Lose 2 pounds: Working on it.

canary52 10-21-2013 11:53 AM

Hey, where is everyone?

libby116 10-21-2013 02:17 PM

They must have gone into hibernation. HA HA

libby116 10-22-2013 01:57 AM

Good morning. I had a good day yesterday and I will do my best to keep to my diet and exercise. Have a good day all.
Hope, you can do it.
Jenn, all the best to your Mom and to you too.

canary52 10-22-2013 05:51 AM

My resolutions:
1) plan meals and stick close to it- planned, stuck sorta close
2) lose 3 pounds this week - gained .4 yikes
3) stretch - yes
4) writing must be my priority; set priorites and stick to `em - yes
5) practice Spanish - yes
6) throw out (recycle) 5 papers or 3 unnecessary items (clothes, books,etc.) daily -yes
7) organize 3 aspects of writing (files, notebooks, index)- yes
8) drink more water - yes
9) meditate -yes
10) be more mindful so I stop knocking over water glasses (especially into open drawers), locking my keys in the car, taking other people's things home, etc. - I knocked over my water again luckily I was next to the sink
11) As the Buddha said, "Don't speak unless it improves on silence." Or just talk less. ish
12) Find the positive (it's there.) yes
13) Don't feel guilty for saying no or setting reasonable limits. no (and i feel guilty saying that)
14) reach out to one person a day -yes
15) get outside every day, even briefly -yes
16) remember to take my pills morning and night -yes

jjrudd 10-22-2013 07:48 AM

Hope, learning to say No isn't easy but in time the more you do it the easier it gets.

I haven't been drinking my water--instead I've substituted an afternoon coffee.
I've been eating within carb limits and have been eating more fruit.
I did get a short walk in today too.

Thankfully Mom is done with IV and is now on antibiotics for 10days. Now I can catch up on my sleep! It's hard when I feel like I'm never getting ahead with chores and such.

Jenn

libby116 10-22-2013 09:13 AM

I went for a short walk outside and nearly froze. The temperature has dropped a lot in the last few days. I am having a problem with drinking my water but I am drinking more tea and coffee instead. Today has been a good day so far.
We are having cabbage rolls for supper and they are only 130 calories each.
I can eat one with a slice of whole wheat bread and find it quite filling. A couple cups of tea and I am good for the day. Lets have a great week.

adyndravo1 10-22-2013 09:38 AM

Hello all. I had a bad start to the week. It will be after the 1st of november before I will start at Wal-Mart. I had the depression and head ache come along yesterday and law me low. I did not want to anything but look at the back of my eye lids. Any how, I will be one day short on the goals this week.

Jenn glad to hear that your mother is doing well. I know it took my brother much longer to get well.

Goals this week
1 log everything I eat
2 drink 8 or cups of water
3 post every day
4 go to bed at a reasonable time

libby116 10-22-2013 11:38 AM

Goals for the week
Drink 6 glasses of water: 2C 4T, 1C 5T
Eat mostly fruits and vegetables: Yes, Yes
Under 1100 cal. per day: Yes, Yes
exercise 20 min 5X: M-30 T-10
Quilt an hour 3X: Yes, Yes
Knit 2X: No, No

Nyda: Better days are ahead.
I wish there were more people on the board.

adyndravo1 10-22-2013 04:47 PM

Hello. Thank you Libby. I am feeling better this evening. I got the ceiling and trim in the mud room. It is the main door to the house. It has the waher and dryer,a shelf over them I had to move into odd positions to get to everything. I had to paint the ceiling with a brush rather than a roller, out of roller covers. Tomorrow I have to get the air pump out and running in the pond and the water pump put in the garage for the winter.With that done I am ready for winter, and no more painting in the house till spring.

Goals this week
1 log everything I eatm-n.t-y
2 drink 8 or cups of waterm-n, t-y
3 post every daym-n,t-y
4 go to bed at a reasonable time m-n, t-maybe
5 exercise m-y, t-y

canary52 10-22-2013 08:37 PM

My resolutions:
1) plan meals and stick close to it- planned, stuck sorta close NO I have been eating out of control, depression eating.
2) lose 3 pounds this week - gained .4 yikes, gained more
3) stretch - yes, yes
4) writing must be my priority; set priorites and stick to `em - yes NO
5) practice Spanish - yes NO
6) throw out (recycle) 5 papers or 3 unnecessary items (clothes, books,etc.) daily -yes, yes
7) organize 3 aspects of writing (files, notebooks, index)- yes
8) drink more water - yes, yes
9) meditate -yes, yes
10) be more mindful so I stop knocking over water glasses (especially into open drawers), locking my keys in the car, taking other people's things home, etc. - I knocked over my water again luckily I was next to the sink, Still clumsy - fibro
11) As the Buddha said, "Don't speak unless it improves on silence." Or just talk less. ish yes
12) Find the positive (it's there.) yes trying
13) Don't feel guilty for saying no or setting reasonable limits. no, no (and i feel guilty saying that)
14) reach out to one person a day -yes, yes
15) get outside every day, even briefly -yes, yes
16) remember to take my pills morning and night -yes, yes

canary52 10-22-2013 08:41 PM

Jenn, do you mind me asking what is going on with your mom?

Welcome, Nyda. It sounds like you are trying to get a lot done, despite headaches and depression. I hope you feel better.

Libby, maybe you are right; they are hibernating. Well, let's enjoy who is here.

libby116 10-23-2013 06:31 AM

I messed up today. It's 2:30 and if I don't eat another thing I might be OK.
The scale is not moving like it did last week and I was getting discouraged so what did I do but eat junk. I am going out for a walk. See you later.

jjrudd 10-23-2013 07:42 AM

Hope, she has developed infection in her left leg--cellulitis is the official term. Painful for her to walk (although improving everyday) and her leg is very red. She was on IV and is now on antibiotics for 10days. Will have to go to grocery store tomorrow since we are running low on milk.

She's supposed to go for follow-up with family Dr but can't get in for a week. I don't know what to think? Is that normal? Surely they could work her in since they got the report from hospital.

Slowly getting more sleep but I'm cooking, cleaning (sort of--just dishes and keeping the counters clean) and today it's laundry.

Libby, we've all done it. Don't get discouraged, my weight fluctuates a lot.

Jenn

libby116 10-23-2013 08:50 AM

It's a good thing that we don't all have bad days at the same time.
Thanks Jenn. It's reassuring to know that I am not the only one going through this. I did get some exercise in to compensate for the ice cream that I ate.
I hope your mom is feeling better soon. The Dr is probably waiting for the antibiotics to work. If you do see a worsening of her condition call your doctor right away for an emergency appointment.

libby116 10-23-2013 11:25 AM

Goals for the week
Drink 6 glasses of water: 2C 4T, 1C 5T, 1C 3T
Eat mostly fruits and vegetables: Yes, Yes, Yes
Under 1100 cal. per day: Yes, Yes, Yes
exercise 20 min 5X: M-30 T-10 W-30
Quilt an hour 3X: Yes, Yes, Yes
Knit 2X: No, No, No

I made better food choices for the rest of the day.

adyndravo1 10-23-2013 02:07 PM

I am here. I was reading a paper I found today about the english langage being hard to learn. I almost put hear for here. I did better today. I had to go into town and do some errands. I picked up a freind who can't drive to keep me company. We went to jack in the box I had a sourdough jack no frys and no caffiene. I did a bunch of house work before I left. I find if I weigh everyday I get discouraged, so I wieght once a week same time.
My bad day was monday. I sort of pigged out. Not starting the job untill november.

Goals this week
1 log everything I eatm-n.t-y,w-y
2 drink 8 or cups of waterm-n, t-y,w-y
3 post every daym-n,t-y, w-y
4 go to bed at a reasonable time m-n, t-maybe, w-y
5 exercise m-y, t-y ,w-y

libby116 10-24-2013 01:09 AM

My weight is coming down slowly and I am now at the same weight I was at on September 9th before things went bad. I was under a lot of stress before my surgerys and I don't deal well with stress. Now that things are better I am setting weekly goals to lose weight. My aim is to lose 1 pound a week and I hope to be at my goal by Christmas 2014. I just have to keep moving forward.

libby116 10-24-2013 04:04 AM

This morning I woke up to see snow on the ground for the first time this fall.
I am determined not to gain weight over the winter as I have done in the past.
The dreadmill was calling me so I decided to watch a movie while walking and I walked for a whole hour. I had a shower and I feel great. Mondays weigh in should be a good one.

adyndravo1 10-24-2013 08:58 AM

Today was so nice I had to get outside and do something. I have been meaning to fix and paint the picnic table for a couple of years. Today I got it done. Took me about 3 hours It looks nice now. I figure the mud room can wait till our good weather is gone or I have nothing else to paint or put up out side. I guess I am on a painting thing right now. I had a couple of bad days this week I have been better about what I eat and how much I eat.
Lunch today was lettuse and veggie mix left over from my chef salad. Added some meat and cheese and finished that. Will post my goals later tonight.
Libby way happy that your mom is getting better. You one up on me I don't have a tread mill. So when it gets cold and snowy here, I will have to use videos and dvd's to keep me going.

libby116 10-24-2013 01:28 PM

Goals for the week
Drink 6 glasses of water: 2C 4T, 1C 5T, 1C 3T, 2C-3T
Eat mostly fruits and vegetables: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
Under 1100 cal. per day: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
exercise 20 min 5X: M-30 T-10 W-30 T-67
Quilt an hour 3X: Yes, Yes, Yes, No
Knit 2X: No, No, No, Yes

Another good day.

adyndravo1 10-24-2013 04:46 PM

Ii kind of went over board a little this evening. Worked on the sewing for a while.
:o
Goals this week
1 log everything I eatm-n.t-y,w-y,t-y
2 drink 8 or cups of waterm-n, t-y,w-y,t-y
3 post every daym-n,t-y, w-y, t-y
4 go to bed at a reasonable time m-n, t-maybe, w-y, t-y
5 exercise m-y, t-y ,w-y, T-y

libby116 10-24-2013 10:37 PM

I am down 1 pound this week. The most I can hope for is another half a pound by Monday. This is the lowest that my weight has been this year and I just want it to keep coming off. The plan for today is get on the dreadmill again with a movie playing and see how long I can stay on. I have been sewing all day on a childs quilt. There are so many pieces but it is so colourful that it makes me happy.
Monday 169.5
Friday 168.3

canary52 10-25-2013 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by jjrudd (Post 103323)
Hope, she has developed infection in her left leg--cellulitis is the official term. Painful for her to walk (although improving everyday) and her leg is very red. She was on IV and is now on antibiotics for 10days. Will have to go to grocery store tomorrow since we are running low on milk.

She's supposed to go for follow-up with family Dr but can't get in for a week. I don't know what to think? Is that normal? Surely they could work her in since they got the report from hospital.

Slowly getting more sleep but I'm cooking, cleaning (sort of--just dishes and keeping the counters clean) and today it's laundry.

Libby, we've all done it. Don't get discouraged, my weight fluctuates a lot.

Jenn

Jenn, I am sorry to hear about what she has been through. I'm sorry, I forget (I forget everything lately) is she diabetic? I do not know what is normal with docotrs; I know it is very frustrating dealing with them. I agree with Libby; keep an eye on her and call if need be.

And Libby, I agee with Jenn: we ahve all been there. In fact, you described what many of my days have been like lately. That's why it is always a new start, a new chance to make other choices.

Adyndravo1, English is A HARD language. You're doing really well, much better than I would do in another language. It sounds like you made a good choice in Jack in the Box whereas I ate a Quarter Pounder with cheese and fries in my car this week.

canary52 10-25-2013 03:03 AM

My resolutions:
1) plan meals and stick close to it- planned, stuck sorta close NO I have been eating out of control, depression eating, NO.
2) lose 3 pounds this week - gained .4 yikes, gained more lost some, lost 2 (?)
3) stretch - yes, yes, yes, yes
4) writing must be my priority; set priorites and stick to `em - yes NO YES BIGTIME, no
5) practice Spanish - yes NO si, si
6) throw out (recycle) 5 papers or 3 unnecessary items (clothes, books,etc.) daily -yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) organize 3 aspects of writing (files, notebooks, index)- yes, yes, yes no
8) drink more water - yes, yes, no, no
9) meditate -yes, yes,yes no
10) be more mindful so I stop knocking over water glasses (especially into open drawers), locking my keys in the car, taking other people's things home, etc. - I knocked over my water again luckily I was next to the sink, Still clumsy - fibro yes, yes
11) As the Buddha said, "Don't speak unless it improves on silence." Or just talk less. ish yes no, no
12) Find the positive (it's there.) yes trying yes, NO
13) Don't feel guilty for saying no or setting reasonable limits. no, no, no, no (and i feel guilty saying that)
14) reach out to one person a day -yes, yes, yes, yes
15) get outside every day, even briefly -yes, yes, yes, yes
16) remember to take my pills morning and night -yes, yes, yes, yes

libby116 10-25-2013 10:30 AM

Goals for the week
Drink 6 glasses of water: 2C 4T, 1C 5T, 1C 3T, 2C-3T, F-2C-3T
Eat mostly fruits and vegetables: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
Under 1100 cal. per day: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
exercise 20 min 5X: M-30 T-10 W-30 T-67 F-No
Quilt an hour 3X: Yes, Yes, Yes, No, Yes
Knit 2X: No, No, No, Yes, Yes
Lose 2 pounds: Working on it. 1 pound down

Another good day.

jjrudd 10-25-2013 10:50 AM

Hope, she is diabetic. She had a kidney transplant 25 yrs ago. She developed sciatica in the spring so it seems like she might have poor circulation. I think I may have to go with her when she goes for her check-up at hospital in a couple of weeks to ask questions.
Jenn

adyndravo1 10-25-2013 01:00 PM

Well made it through most of another day. I got most of the pourch painted, will need to finish up tomorrow. Hope it stays good all weekend. I kow bad weather is coming, but we have had a wonderfall soo far.Got the pump changes outin the pond. I have the new air pump out there now and the water pump in the garage for the winter. I want to finish up the purch area tomorrow afternoon.
Libby my sister that lives with me loves to make quilts also. She takes colors that I would never put together and it looks great when she is done.
Hope you know how hard it is to stay away from the fries. Jack has the best seasoned curly fries. I did good not buying and eating them.
Jenn it is amazing how mothers will ask all kinds of questions about the childern and almost nothing about them self.
Nyda

jjrudd 10-26-2013 01:54 PM

I had a good day food wise. Cereal for breakfast.
I went to writer's workshop from 10-2 (I left early because of my Mom). It was nice to get out of the house for a while to do something just for me! I had minestrone soup and half a wrap for lunch and had a bottle of water.
We had stirfry for dinner. A little salty--I cut back as much as I can but it needs some soy sauce. I loaded on the veggies in it. Had fruit for snack later.

Jenn

libby116 10-27-2013 08:59 AM

Goals for the week
Drink 6 glasses of water: 2C 4T, 1C 5T, 1C 3T, 2C-3T, F-2C-3T, No, Yes
Eat mostly fruits and vegetables: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
Under 1100 cal. per day: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes,
exercise 20 min 5X: M-30 T-10 W-30 T-67 F-No, Yes,
Quilt an hour 3X: Yes, Yes, Yes, No, Yes, No
Knit 2X: No, No, No, Yes, Yes, Yes
Lose 2 pounds: Working on it. 1 pound down.

Weigh day is tomorrow.:(