I am here. I was reading a paper I found today about the english langage being hard to learn. I almost put hear for here. I did better today. I had to go into town and do some errands. I picked up a freind who can't drive to keep me company. We went to jack in the box I had a sourdough jack no frys and no caffiene. I did a bunch of house work before I left. I find if I weigh everyday I get discouraged, so I wieght once a week same time.
My bad day was monday. I sort of pigged out. Not starting the job untill november.
Goals this week
1 log everything I eatm-n.t-y,w-y
2 drink 8 or cups of waterm-n, t-y,w-y
3 post every daym-n,t-y, w-y
4 go to bed at a reasonable time m-n, t-maybe, w-y
5 exercise m-y, t-y ,w-y
My weight is coming down slowly and I am now at the same weight I was at on September 9th before things went bad. I was under a lot of stress before my surgerys and I don't deal well with stress. Now that things are better I am setting weekly goals to lose weight. My aim is to lose 1 pound a week and I hope to be at my goal by Christmas 2014. I just have to keep moving forward.
This morning I woke up to see snow on the ground for the first time this fall.
I am determined not to gain weight over the winter as I have done in the past.
The dreadmill was calling me so I decided to watch a movie while walking and I walked for a whole hour. I had a shower and I feel great. Mondays weigh in should be a good one.
Today was so nice I had to get outside and do something. I have been meaning to fix and paint the picnic table for a couple of years. Today I got it done. Took me about 3 hours It looks nice now. I figure the mud room can wait till our good weather is gone or I have nothing else to paint or put up out side. I guess I am on a painting thing right now. I had a couple of bad days this week I have been better about what I eat and how much I eat.
Lunch today was lettuse and veggie mix left over from my chef salad. Added some meat and cheese and finished that. Will post my goals later tonight.
Libby way happy that your mom is getting better. You one up on me I don't have a tread mill. So when it gets cold and snowy here, I will have to use videos and dvd's to keep me going.
Goals for the week
Drink 6 glasses of water: 2C 4T, 1C 5T, 1C 3T, 2C-3T
Eat mostly fruits and vegetables: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
Under 1100 cal. per day: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
exercise 20 min 5X: M-30 T-10 W-30 T-67
Quilt an hour 3X: Yes, Yes, Yes, No
Knit 2X: No, No, No, Yes
Lose 2 pounds: Working on it.
Ii kind of went over board a little this evening. Worked on the sewing for a while.
Goals this week
1 log everything I eatm-n.t-y,w-y,t-y
2 drink 8 or cups of waterm-n, t-y,w-y,t-y
3 post every daym-n,t-y, w-y, t-y
4 go to bed at a reasonable time m-n, t-maybe, w-y, t-y
5 exercise m-y, t-y ,w-y, T-y
I am down 1 pound this week. The most I can hope for is another half a pound by Monday. This is the lowest that my weight has been this year and I just want it to keep coming off. The plan for today is get on the dreadmill again with a movie playing and see how long I can stay on. I have been sewing all day on a childs quilt. There are so many pieces but it is so colourful that it makes me happy.
Hope, she has developed infection in her left leg--cellulitis is the official term. Painful for her to walk (although improving everyday) and her leg is very red. She was on IV and is now on antibiotics for 10days. Will have to go to grocery store tomorrow since we are running low on milk.
She's supposed to go for follow-up with family Dr but can't get in for a week. I don't know what to think? Is that normal? Surely they could work her in since they got the report from hospital.
Slowly getting more sleep but I'm cooking, cleaning (sort of--just dishes and keeping the counters clean) and today it's laundry.
Libby, we've all done it. Don't get discouraged, my weight fluctuates a lot.
Jenn, I am sorry to hear about what she has been through. I'm sorry, I forget (I forget everything lately) is she diabetic? I do not know what is normal with docotrs; I know it is very frustrating dealing with them. I agree with Libby; keep an eye on her and call if need be.
And Libby, I agee with Jenn: we ahve all been there. In fact, you described what many of my days have been like lately. That's why it is always a new start, a new chance to make other choices.
Adyndravo1, English is A HARD language. You're doing really well, much better than I would do in another language. It sounds like you made a good choice in Jack in the Box whereas I ate a Quarter Pounder with cheese and fries in my car this week.
1) plan meals and stick close to it- planned, stuck sorta close NO I have been eating out of control, depression eating, NO.
2) lose 3 pounds this week - gained .4 yikes, gained more lost some, lost 2 (?)
3) stretch - yes, yes, yes, yes
4) writing must be my priority; set priorites and stick to `em - yes NO YES BIGTIME, no
5) practice Spanish - yes NO si, si
6) throw out (recycle) 5 papers or 3 unnecessary items (clothes, books,etc.) daily -yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) organize 3 aspects of writing (files, notebooks, index)- yes, yes, yes no
8) drink more water - yes, yes, no, no
9) meditate -yes, yes,yes no
10) be more mindful so I stop knocking over water glasses (especially into open drawers), locking my keys in the car, taking other people's things home, etc. - I knocked over my water again luckily I was next to the sink, Still clumsy - fibro yes, yes
11) As the Buddha said, "Don't speak unless it improves on silence." Or just talk less. ish yes no, no
12) Find the positive (it's there.) yes trying yes, NO
13) Don't feel guilty for saying no or setting reasonable limits. no, no, no, no (and i feel guilty saying that)
14) reach out to one person a day -yes, yes, yes, yes
15) get outside every day, even briefly -yes, yes, yes, yes
16) remember to take my pills morning and night -yes, yes, yes, yes
Goals for the week
Drink 6 glasses of water: 2C 4T, 1C 5T, 1C 3T, 2C-3T, F-2C-3T
Eat mostly fruits and vegetables: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
Under 1100 cal. per day: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
exercise 20 min 5X: M-30 T-10 W-30 T-67 F-No
Quilt an hour 3X: Yes, Yes, Yes, No, Yes
Knit 2X: No, No, No, Yes, Yes
Lose 2 pounds: Working on it. 1 pound down