Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational starting 10/7/13 Anybody Out There Wanna Join? >

Motivational starting 10/7/13 Anybody Out There Wanna Join?

Notices

Motivational starting 10/7/13 Anybody Out There Wanna Join?

Old 10-09-2013, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all. I have not had a good couple of days. I woke up yesterday with my head hurting. I had to stay off the tv and computer perrty much all day. So I missed posting yesterday. I had to do a drug test today for the job a wal-mart. It went really well. I drank most of my water for the day between 9 and 11. I am feeling better this evening.
Libby I have found that when the barameteric pressure drops or starts yo-yoing my head hurts as well. My sister quilts a lot.
Jen I like pumpkin pie,cookies, bread ect. Just not alone by its self. no one else really does in my family. No left overs for thanksgiving. We all go out for dinner, usually Chuck a ramma
Mel-mac some days that is all we can do is just keep the calorie level down
Hope I am still getting tomatoes from the green house. I have to decide what to do with them. May peel and freeze them for use latter is a soup or pasta dish.

Goals
1 log everything I eat,M-y,T-n,W-y
2 drink at least 8 cups of water,M-y,T-y,W-y
3 Post at least once a day, M-y,T-n, W-y
4 exercise at everyday,M-y, T-n, W-y
5 If I get the job at wal-mart backery
no product samples
Old 10-09-2013, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

Robin - Pepsi or Coke at the hospital, serious? What 1st world paradise is this?

Control calories
M-Little low
T-Good
W-Low
Adequate protein
M-Little low
T-Good
W-Little low
Exercise
M-No
T-20 miles on bike, 10 sets of pushups
W-5 miles on the bike, 3 sets of pushups, 6 sets of situps
Don't slack off
M-No
T-Yes
W-Yes
Old 10-09-2013, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

Robin, good to see you here! Take it easy.

I have to keep a 3 day food diary for diabetes appointment Fri. Incentive to eat properly since someone is going to read it. Keeping busy has kept me from snacking.

House is clean just have to clear off the clutter in the living room. I should mow the front lawn but I'm not sure if that will get done before Sat.

There was an article in local paper this morning on how many calories are in a thanksgiving meal (and they were basing it on low amounts like 1/8 of a pie). It was 1,400 which is over what we should be having in a day. Wow. Oh well, at least it's only one day.

Jenn
Old 10-09-2013, 10:43 PM
FitDay Member

Thanksgiving dinner can be low cal if you stick to white meat and plain vegetables. Skip the gravy, potatoes and dressing and then you can have a
1/8th piece of pumpkin pie.
My brother in law (who lives with us) is going to cook the turkey. He ordered a twenty to twenty five pound fresh one from the super market and is picking it up on Saturday. There are only 7 people and I thought that a 18 pound bird would be big enough and we would still have left overs. I don't have a roasting pan big enough to put it in. Some times I think he does stuff just to make me mad.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:47 PM
FitDay Member

Oh yes Jenn so true about the cals for dinner and I don't think it's the turkey! My suggestion is to participate but eat more than normal vegetables and small portions of everything else. It's part of acting "normal" I guess at food related events. Good luck with the diary.

Yes Ian seriously coke or pepsi! I think they had it right in the unit fridge for that purpose (I doubt it came from the cafeteria service). Yes 1st world. I know.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Even though I didn't manage to get here yesterday I did manage to write down everything I ate. It was a bit on the high side but not outrageously so. I donated blood yesterday morning and that always makes me ravenous so I'm glad I didn't eat the whole house.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Libby and Robin. Think I will pick up some more lettuce at the store on Sat and make a salad. I love dressing but it does have a lot of carbs. I'm also going to bday party on Sat but I'm forgoing cake!

Oh Libby I hear ya on the brother thing! My brother got a 15 pound one when we went to his place a few years ago. His in-laws don't eat turkey so it was basically 3 pounds per person (me, Mom and him). Don't get me started on this topic!!

Jenn
Old 10-10-2013, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
Just on-going testing related to MS. Nothing new has happened since May (legs) but my arm is still numb since last Jan.

I had the LB today and I feel fine, in fact good, but I have to "take it easy" so as to not re-open the injection site. I'm pretty sure that daily yoga made a big difference in the ease of the procedure today.

They tried to feed me pepsi or coke at the hospital. I said no way don't I don't touch pop. Apparently I have to lay the caffeine to me. Nursing a coffee right now,
So sorry you have to deal with this. But good for you that you resisted the soda!!!

Originally Posted by adyndravo1
Hello all. I have not had a good couple of days. I woke up yesterday with my head hurting. I had to stay off the tv and computer perrty much all day. So I missed posting yesterday. I had to do a drug test today for the job a wal-mart. It went really well. I drank most of my water for the day between 9 and 11. I am feeling better this evening.
Libby I have found that when the barameteric pressure drops or starts yo-yoing my head hurts as well. My sister quilts a lot.
Hope I am still getting tomatoes from the green house. I have to decide what to do with them. May peel and freeze them for use latter is a soup or pasta dish.
Barometric pressure affects my fibromyalgia soooo much. Sorry you weren't feeling well. I hope you get the job and resist the goodies! So many things to do with tomatoes: sause, salsa, soup, pasta, in guacamole. Wonder how you sun dry `em?

Originally Posted by iansteele
Robin - Pepsi or Coke at the hospital, serious? What 1st world paradise is this?
I love this.

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Robin, good to see you here! Take it easy.

I have to keep a 3 day food diary for diabetes appointment Fri. Incentive to eat properly since someone is going to read it. Keeping busy has kept me from snacking.

There was an article in local paper this morning on how many calories are in a thanksgiving meal (and they were basing it on low amounts like 1/8 of a pie). It was 1,400 which is over what we should be having in a day. Wow. Oh well, at least it's only one day.

Jenn
Journals do keep it real. I love Thanksgiving, find it hard to rein it in since all of that stuff is my favorite kind of food (potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing,pie...)

Originally Posted by jjrudd

My brother got a 15 pound one when we went to his place a few years ago. His in-laws don't eat turkey so it was basically 3 pounds per person (me, Mom and him). Don't get me started on this topic!!

Jenn
I love turkey but maybe I don't love it that much lol!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Goals: (Hope's Lucky 13)
1) go back to healthier eating (no sugar, tomatoes, light on dairy and wheat) - Y, Y mostly, (breadd and chees stick, due to rushed day. Yes with some additions ( cheese- again! and a couple of Hail Merry Macaroons
2) plan meals and stick close to it -Y, close, ish
3) lose some weight - N, Y, Y,2,5 lbs
4) stretch - Y, Y, Y
5) gym or walk 3x this week- N, N Y
6) don't everdo - not too bad, um, busy day
7) write my weekly quota - close, N -class close
8) practice Spanish -N, N Y
9) throw out (recycle) 5 papers or 3 unnecessary items (clothes, books,etc.) daily - Y, Y, Y
10) organize 3 aspects of writing (files, notebooks, index) - daily Y, N, N
11) check out and hopefully order new glasses -N, N YES!!!
12) drink more water -Y, ? yes
13) meditate- Y, Y, Y
Old 10-10-2013, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Angry can't seam to stick to it

I can't seem to stick to my plan. The weight has been creeping up, I'm scared. I start off good then, blow it. I need a little support to go for. I am letting my husband get me way off track. I need to take my own control back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.