Notices

Starting Again

Old 11-03-2013, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

I am have a hard time keeping my weight down. My splurges started to turn into binges but I think I have it under control again. One of my workout classes were canceled until after the holidays so I have to find a way to do it on my own for awhile. I am pretty determined so I think I can do it.

I am so happy for you Merimcc you are doing awesome 15-19 minutes on your walking is great progress. Keep it up you can do it
Old 11-11-2013, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy I forgot to walk!!

Well, I have lost a couple more pounds, but how is beyond me. I did not walk last week at all! I can't believe it, but I really did forget. I have an alarm that goes off every night at 10:30 to remind me to walk (in my back yard, around my pool :-)). It would go off and I would think, I will walk after I finish this (whatever I was doing). But then I would completely forget about it. So now I have to get back on track and get those 15-19 minute walks in. I can do anything for 15 minutes, right?

You are doing great Renee! Down from 185 to 139?? I would die to be 139 again!! I have not been 139 since high school!! But I know you want to lose a little more right? We can do it! I am right there with you!

Starting weight 240 10-1-13
First goal 235 10/27/13 :-)
Second goal 230 11/24/13

Last edited by Merimcc; 11-11-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Post Needing a pick up

Hi All. I am 32 and was a yo-yo dieter from age 20-30 with an all time highest weight of 193 at my 30th birthday. A few short months later something in me finally clicked - I needed to be healthier and it shouldn't be so up and down all the time. I joined Weight Watchers and even though I don't use it anymore, for me it felt like a necessary step. I lost 50 lbs in about 8 months! So I got down to 140, which I don't think I'd been close to since high school (when I thought I was fat!!). A year later I'd put 13 lbs back on, spent 6 months taking that off again. Now, due to a LOT of stress this year, I've gained 20 back. I am upset because I learned so much and feel I know how to live better, but just haven't been doing it. I guess that's guilt. I'm hear to share what I know because I have been successful, but I also have realized I cannot do this on my own. It's so important to find support to maintain a healthy lifestyle continuously. Now, more than ever, I have realized the impact of stress, depression, anxiety on my habits and the need to gain good habits and keep them for my entire lifetime. Looking forward to this!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome. I have just rejoined Fitday today. It works - when I do it. Good for you for getting back at it.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi Y'all

It has been awhile since I have posted anything. My weight loss is slow, but at least I am still walking, most days anyway. My doctor lowered my Metformin because my A1-C is consistently at 5.7. She said it is almost like I don't have diabetes. But I still take 2 a day, so we will see next time if my A1-C is any different. We have to keep plugging away, you guys! I won't give up, even though it is slow going. I have never kept up a walking program this long in my life, so I know I can keep walking. It will be 2 months at the end of this month, even though it is getting pretty cold out there at night. (I walk in the evenings around my pool. There are too many barking dogs in my neighborhood to take my dogs for a walk. They get plenty of exercise running around my yard.) Anyway, my son (my coach) will be home next year for either Christmas or Thanksgiving, so I want to surprise him with how much weight I have lost. It will make him very happy and relieved. So, lets maintain, fellow sojourners, we can make it. Never give up!!
Old 11-25-2013, 12:43 PM
FitDay Member

Hello Merimcc
I am mostly trying to maintain But wouldn't mind getting down to 135. Still having trouble falling of the wagon but so far been able to climb back on.

Slow weight loss is good and that you have kept up with the walking is still awesome. Your A1C is great. My husband just got his down to 6.6 from 7.2. Lowest he has been in a while. Talk about cold..... snow on the ground here today and the roads are icy. Not so sure I am ready for winter yet. Not going to be able take my morning walks for much longer if at all. I will miss them but will have to try to walk more at night when I have time.
You can do this and yes your son will be very proud. I will keep pushing on as well.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default November 24

It's weigh day and I was at 169 today. I am focused on losing another 5 pounds this year.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Merry Christmas Everyone!

Hi y'all! What a busy time of year! I hope you all are sticking to your goals. It looks like it, by what I read on your posts. I am still plugging away as well, albeit ever so slowly. I have lost almost 10 pounds since I started in October. I am at 231.2 as of this morning. I am still walking and have upped my time to 20-25 minutes a day. I listen to songs on my phone, so my walking time depends on how long the songs are. . My minimum is 20 min. I am a tax preparer during tax season, so it is conceivable that I won't be able to get on here very often for the next four months, but I will do my best. I want to encourage you all to keep going, even though this is a rough time of year to be watching our weight! We can do it. I have never even attempted to be on a diet during the holidays before, so this is a first for me! But I know that I can't give up now, even for a few weeks. Moderation is the key here, so we don't sabotage ourselves. Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration you are giving me! May God bless each one of you during this beautiful season of the year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Starting weight 10-1-13 240
12-20-13 231.2

Last edited by Merimcc; 12-20-2013 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Added weight
Old 01-31-2014, 10:14 PM
FitDay Member

Don't ever give up!~ smiling~ you are a Winner! God Bless you~ I'm new here.