Notices

Motivational starting 9/16/2013 - Let's go!!!

Old 09-17-2013, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

I have already run both days this week for a total of 6 miles so far. Up a lb from yesterday but it is most likely th eeleventybillion gallons of water I drank yesterday. I busted on my calorie count yesterday (sigh, that reeses cup was AMAZING) and hit about 2000. Need to keep it at 1600 today. I am doing a high protien diet for three days to boost my metabolism.... might not go over well with the IBS but I have drugs for that!

I had a most inspirational occurrance at the gym yesterday- I was being goaded by my trainer to try a pull up and when I told him "I CAN"T!" a gorgeous fit young woman steps over and says "You CAN! Put your knee in my hand." with her assistance I did two! My trainer was grinning at me after and said "I told you so!". The gal looked over high fived me and said "We women can do ANYTHING!". Totally made my day!

My trainer says I will do a pull-up on my own within a month. We will see...... I could almost do one in basic training.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

hello all. Had to run a errand for my brother this morning. That's ok it was raining againi any way. I have tried to keep my calories down. I went to a maveric store and got a diet cook -caffiene free. and was looking at all the goodies. Ii bought a small bag of beef jerky and shared with my friend who went with me and 2 dogs.
I am going to go put in my tape and exercies here soon. My sister and I like chips and salsa. We picked up some fresh salsa at the store yesterday but forgot the chips. Found out a way to make you own chips. Take the corn tortilla 2 are 80 calories. Mern you could use your reduces carb tortilla. You cut them into 6 pieces each and spread out on baking sheet. We sprayed pam on the foil and after get laid out spray the tops and add as little salt or as much as you want. Bake in a 375 oven preheat first and takes only 4 minutes on one side and turn over and and 2 min. on the other side. They are a whole lot less calories and can make as much or as litttle as you want.
Jenn sorry about the kidney problems. hope things get better soon. Nyda
Old 09-18-2013, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

hello everyone. My back is feeling much better today. I did the 2mile tape for the fist time in a long time. I made it through, but I could feel I am still a long way from fit. It is cold here today. September is almost gone and the temperture is dropping. At least we did not have lightning and thunder last night. Tomorrow I should be back to painting the shed.
Hope everyone has a nice hump day. Nyda
Old 09-18-2013, 10:36 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all. It's been awfully quiet around here lately. Where is every body? My eye surgery has been bumped up from November to next Tuesday because they had a cancellation. I am not completely over my cold yet. Things have been busy and I haven't been logging my food lately so I am going to get back to it today.
Robin: How is your son doing? I hope the surgery went well and he is on the mend.
Lets get crackalacken and have a great day all.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

I have not been doing well on my goals this week at all. Life has gotten in the way, but in a good way...we are looking for a house to buy! We've been stuffed into a 3 bdrm 1300 sq.ft. house for almost 5 years now, renting. So we are finally able to buy, and I am so excited! But, it's taking our evenings and we've been eating fast food b/c by the time we get home it's too late to cook anything. Even so, I've lost a lb so far this week. Sleep has been horrible b/c my brain won't stop, so I'm tired all day. I've just been feeling exhausted in general for a long time now. I know that exercise would help that. I need to get myself there at some point during the day. I just don't know when. I haven't had any diet soda or caffeine since Monday. Haven't noticed any big changes in sleep, energy, etc. from not having it. We'll see...

mcallahan, that must have been a big boost in confidence for you! How neat that that woman came over and became your cheerleader. Good for you on the pull ups!

1. Gym 3x M-n, T-n, W-n
Increase steps each time
Work on endurance, distance
2. Less Caffeine M-y, T-y, W-y
3. Log food M-y, T-y, W-n
4. Lose 2 lbs. by end of week - getting closer
Old 09-19-2013, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Jedi! BTW, are you including all the moving you are doing on you activity log? Even though you are eating cruddy food you are constantly moving. I hate moving! We bought our house six years ago. We moved from 1100 square feet into 2800 (and have proceeded to fill it aaaaaaaaalllllll out!). It is stressful and wonderful!

I am down under 170 for the first time since this past spring!!!!! I have only been logging for two weeks now and I have already lost 5lbs. I had no clue how much I was eating!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all. Nice to see someone besides me here. It was getting lonely. I got outside today and finished primeing the wood shed we built a couple of years ago. My sister and I will finish it up this weekend. Need to get the last of the trime broads up and them paint. it. our neighbor loaned us a paint sprayer. so the painting part should go fast. We had emough primer left to get so stuff down in the house as well.I to have not been doing really well on my goals this week. But I have been working hard at painting and other stuff this week.Libby good l uck on the eye surgery and the house hunting. Last time I moved it alll went into the garage and we went and spent 6 weeks with a friend. Did not change address just changed from a single wide to a double wide with a nice cement foundation.

My goals this week
1 drink 8 cups water min,m=y,t=n,w=y,
2 log everything I eat, m=y,t=y,w=y
3 exercise at least 5 times,m=ytuesday back went out,w=y
4 at least 5 fruit and veggies,m=n,t=n,,w=y
5 send out at min 3 resumes
Old 09-20-2013, 04:26 PM
FitDay Member

well today my knee is very tender. So that messes with the exercise today. I could not get the good knee brace on it is to small. Iti is my left leg and it is bigger then my right. We had a block party tonight. they had a life band and anice lay out. I went for the french fries and did not eat the corn or had a hamberger bun with the meat for slopping joes. I went for salad and friut . had a nice time.

My goals this week
1 drink 8 cups water min,m=y,t=n,w=y,t=y,f=y
2 log everything I eat, m=y,t=y,w=y,t=n,f=y
3 exercise at least 5 times,m=ytuesday back went out,w=y, t=y,f=n
4 at least 5 fruit and veggies,m=n,t=n,,w=y,t=y,f=y

Last edited by adyndravo1; 09-20-2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-21-2013, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. We had a thunder storm that knocked out our power last night. It's been raining for two days and the dogs don't even want to go out side. I have been trying to eat better but I stopped logging my food so I don't know how may calories I am eating. The guys had pizza last night but I didn't have any.
September has been hard and I can't shake this cold. My weight is up about 4 pounds and I want to get it off again by the end of the month.
Mary, Nyda, Jedi and Jenn, I'm glad to see you posting and doing well.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:27 PM
FitDay Member

hello all. My sister and I spent several hours today working on the shed. We had to put spacers between the studs so we can go outsied and screw in the warped sections and finish the trim. This next week I am painting the ceilings in our house.Have not been very good on getting in my veggies. will have to try that again this coming week. Nyda

My goals this week
1 drink 8 cups water min,m=y,t=n,w=y,t=y,f=y,s=y
2 log everything I eat, m=y,t=y,w=y,t=n,f=y,s=y
3 exercise at least 5 times,m=ytuesday back went out,w=y, t=y,f=n,s=y
4 at least 5 fruit and veggies,m=n,t=n,,w=y,t=y,f=y,s=n

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.