FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Starting September 9, 2013: A Better Week (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10126-motivational-starting-september-9-2013-better-week.html)

canary52 09-10-2013 03:00 PM

Goals:
1) Plan food, yes the eating whatever is getting me into trouble! Yes and I ate twice as much as was on the plan, no
2) Hypnotize myself into drinking more water: you are getting very thirsty... drink more: yes, yes
3) Daily stretch; yes, no
4) Gym 3x this week: yes, no
5) meditate: SERENITY NOW!!!! no, no
6) practice Spanish- no, no
7) full day of work: FOCUS - yes, yes

canary52 09-10-2013 03:02 PM

Plan for Wed:
oatmeal or cereal and berries
apple
salmon and veg
cantaloupe
soup or hummus and carrots or egg salad
scallops and veg
Vitamuffin

Robingen 09-10-2013 09:54 PM

Hi All

I didn't post any goals this week, but thought I'd like to check in. I just really haven't figured out what to do for goals now. I know I should have them but I don't know what.

I have decided to do a yoga challenge (with myself) of doing it every morning for the rest of this month. (I always did it but usually at night and morning IS better). I know I have to keep up my other goals (water, vegs, etc). I have lost 2 more pounds since I reached goal. But I am struggling about what to do about eating since I like the fact that I am off treats and eating clean.

Anyway, I didn't want to just "disappear" from this thread as I find it disconcerting when others have. Libby, great news on the gym, Mel-mc, good luck with the allergies and Hope get cracking woman! Best wishes to everyone on the thread, hope it's a good week.

JediMindTricks 09-10-2013 10:30 PM

Can I join in? I know the week is half over, but I didn't want to wait until next week started.

My goals are to get to the gym with Thing 3 (nickname for kids) at least twice the rest of this week. Also, I'm going to try replacing all my diet soda with Crystal Light. I'm not a huge fan of it, and love love love my diet soda, but I'm wondering if the caffeine is hindering my weight loss in some way. So...

1. Move more
2. Less caffeine
3. Log food

libby116 09-10-2013 11:50 PM

Welcome Jedi. These are not the droids you're looking for. Sorry just had to say that. I'm just a syfy freak. I used to love my coke zero. It was my every day drink but just one can a day. I gradually cut down to one a week for a treat but last month I cut it out all together. I get fewer headaches and less sugar cravings. I have had the same chocolate bar in the freezer for 3 weeks and only eaten 3 squares of it. I drink water with lemon slices all day long.
Robin: Don't you dare disappear on us. You've been there and you know the ropes. Please give us all the advice that you can to help us make it too. Love ya girl.
Hope, Nyda, Mel, Great goals for the week.
I need to work more fruits and veg into my day.

mcallahan757 09-11-2013 12:19 AM

Well, I kept my calories ALMOST where I wanted them yesterday. The drinking is what put me over the top. Darn Angry Orchard and your delicious hard cider!!!!

I am trying to keep at or under 2000 Cal.
I am so freaking hungry!!!! Or, maybe thirsty? I drink a lot of water though.

I am really enjoying reading everybody's goals and I want to keep up with mine.

canary52 09-11-2013 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 102543)
Hi All

I didn't post any goals this week, but thought I'd like to check in. I just really haven't figured out what to do for goals now. I know I should have them but I don't know what.

I have decided to do a yoga challenge (with myself) of doing it every morning for the rest of this month. (I always did it but usually at night and morning IS better). I know I have to keep up my other goals (water, vegs, etc). I have lost 2 more pounds since I reached goal. But I am struggling about what to do about eating since I like the fact that I am off treats and eating clean.

Anyway, I didn't want to just "disappear" from this thread as I find it disconcerting when others have. Libby, great news on the gym, Mel-mc, good luck with the allergies and Hope get cracking woman! Best wishes to everyone on the thread, hope it's a good week.

Robin, ya gotta stay with us!!!! You're an inspiration!!! Plus yoga challenge sounds like a goal to me. Just because you reach ideal weight does not mean you stop having goals!!!

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks (Post 102546)
Can I join in? I know the week is half over, but I didn't want to wait until next week started.

My goals are to get to the gym with Thing 3 (nickname for kids) at least twice the rest of this week. Also, I'm going to try replacing all my diet soda with Crystal Light. I'm not a huge fan of it, and love love love my diet soda, but I'm wondering if the caffeine is hindering my weight loss in some way. So...

1. Move more
2. Less caffeine
3. Log food

Silly rabbit, of course, you can join!!!!! I love that: Thing 3 for kids. I used to call my DD "She Who Must be Obeyed" (that's came from a friend who watched Fawlty Towers years ago.)
Diet soda is bad on so many levels, not the least of which is that it makes you hold on to weight. I had to give it up and I like having something sweet to drink sometimes. There's a soda Zevia, sweetened with Stevia or sometimes I have a small amount of grape juice in seltzer or just flavored seltzer.

Originally Posted by libby116 (Post 102547)
Welcome Jedi. These are not the droids you're looking for. Sorry just had to say that. I'm just a syfy freak. I used to love my coke zero. It was my every day drink but just one can a day. I gradually cut down to one a week for a treat but last month I cut it out all together. I get fewer headaches and less sugar cravings. I have had the same chocolate bar in the freezer for 3 weeks and only eaten 3 squares of it. I drink water with lemon slices all day long.
Robin: Don't you dare disappear on us. You've been there and you know the ropes. Please give us all the advice that you can to help us make it too. Love ya girl.
Hope, Nyda, Mel, Great goals for the week.
I need to work more fruits and veg into my day.

That was funny. But I agree about the diet soda and about the infrequent treats (chocolate in freezer) and about Robin. Don't leave us, girl!!!

Originally Posted by mcallahan757 (Post 102548)
Well, I kept my calories ALMOST where I wanted them yesterday. The drinking is what put me over the top. Darn Angry Orchard and your delicious hard cider!!!!

I am trying to keep at or under 2000 Cal.
I am so freaking hungry!!!! Or, maybe thirsty? I drink a lot of water though.

I am really enjoying reading everybody's goals and I want to keep up with mine.

Yeah that Angry Orchard is yummy but it was a one time (or rare) thing, right? I have been crazy hungry too. Is it something in the air? Can we blame autumn? Though today is hot and humid here so maybe not...

mcallahan757 09-11-2013 04:59 AM

I like the idea of blaming the Autumn!!! Nah, I just like to drink too much. Even through the IBS I will still have a drink or two in the evening most evenings. I looooove those dang Lime-A-Rita's too.

I am already at 1300 calories for the day........ lame. Well it looks like veggies for dinner!

Mern 09-11-2013 05:04 AM

I am woefully behind in reading this week's thread. My apologies to those of you who are so faithful to posting and keeping up with everyone.

I have to come back here and STAY back here. I went to the doc this morning for a followup consultation since my routine blood tests last week. I already knew from my online med chart and the doc's online comment that the tests came back good and she was very pleased with my previously high blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglyceride numbers being reduced to normal and very near normal without meds. BUT she didn't know until today that I had gained another EIGHT POUNDS in the past 6 months. This was the third checkup in a row that I showed weight gain, yet had great blood test results.

All we can figure is that my excess calories to make me gain 8 lbs. was coming from extra protein and good fats, but too much of anything good can also be bad... 8 lbs x 3500 calories to add a pound=28000 calories divided by 180 days equals 156 extra calories per day.

[Edited in later: it wasn't an 8 lb. gain--it was an 11 lb. gain. The corrected math says I was overeating by 214 calories per day for six months. ]

Our plan of attack is:

1. (Her encouragement first--that's the kind of doc she is: :) ) Keep up the good work on limiting my daily carbs to 25g net, dietary cholesterol to 250mg, and sat fat to about 10% of total daily calories as I learned to do pretty much from memory

BUT

2. Log everything to be sure I'm not exceeding 1600 calories per day.

3. Exercise 150 minutes per week--whatever I want to do as long as it is legitimate exercise and however I want to do it--5 days for 1/2 hour per day or just keeping track of how many minutes I exercised on whatever days.

4. Come back for a weigh-in in three months.

So those first three are my simple goals for this week.

jjrudd 09-11-2013 07:21 AM

Wow Mern, what a great Dr you have. A good plan of attack. I haven't exercised that much lately. Should be better once it cools off and I start on yardwork. YUCK but must be done.

My BP has been up a little bit lately. Hopefully it will be down by next week or she may up my meds! Have been noticing I've been "grazing" lately. I do try to have a glass of water instead of doing that.

Hope how goes the writing? I've been working on something but it's very rough and not coming together.

Jenn