Notices

Motivational Thread Starting Sept 2, 2013: Mark,set, go!

Old 09-07-2013, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

Feel better soon Libby. I'm sending you virtual chicken soup and wishes that you feel better quickly.

I got back to the gym today despite still having wheezy lungs and am eating normally except for smaller amounts. I think I've invented the cough drop diet, those things totally kill your taste buds and desire to eat. Oops! I just read the package and those things have 12 calories each!
Old 09-07-2013, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

Oh Mel, I've been popping cough drops all day. I better put them in my food log. LOL I'm going back to bed. Feel better soon.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Good afternoon. I was up early and did get some stuff done today. I also cleaned out the fish tank in my bedroom. I have a uge alge eater and a gold fish. They are both so big that the tank can't hold another . And little fish would have no chance at all with rover. they would just be a snak for the gold fish the alge eater has spots so the fish are named spot and rover. I have 2 outside in the big pond that are 14 years old. they were 25 cent feeder goldfish I got in 1999 when I built the pond.
Mern I don't have any peach trees yet, but there is a road side stand that gets in all kinds of stuff. They have cantalope that smells so good. ANd it melts in your mouth.
Libby sorry to hear you are not well. Neither you nor melMc are feeling a bit under the weather.
When the Barrametric pressure drops it can give me a head ache. We have for the last 8 days or so had rain in the early evening with thunder and lightning. Not so good for the head.
I have goten in a fair bit f exedrcise today and have been good calorie wise. So here is to hopeing I have a weight lose tomorrow moring.
And yes Mern My name is Nyda. I have been told it is French but every other Nyda I have met has spelled it with an I where mine is spelled the way my grandmother spelled hers with a Y. She part or maybe full Ute Indian. We are not sure how much. So now that the geneolgy and name tracing is done hope every one has a good Sunday. Nyda
Old 09-08-2013, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hello to those still here on the weekend!

I really did not track my goals well last week, as I fell off the wagon on Thursday. But I did ok other days, getting about an average of 4-5 fruits and vegs per day. Could be better but I can live with that.

Somehow I ended up (despite my best intentions) with too busy days again. I worked all day Sat in prep for something on Monday that I need to do. So here it is Sunday and I am pretty wiped out again. I am clearly overestimating my capacity, over and over again.

Next week, we are going for my son's first eye surgery. It is five hours drive away and we will overnight because there is a follow up the next day. We only got the call Friday. I am frustrated by the short notice but I can't refuse, we have been waiting for months!

Libby and Mel, wishes for your speedy and full recovery!
Old 09-08-2013, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Goals: lose weight and get fit
Daily calories: 825, 1030, 858, 875, 986, 725,
8 glasses of water: Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
exercise: N, Y, N, Y, Y, N,
2 fruit 3 veg: 2-4, 0-4, 2-3, 2-4, 1-4, 2-1,
Post daily: Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
Get back into the 160's Sept 6, 2013
I slept most of the day yesterday. Last night I was so hungry that I ate a can of sardines and a cup of hot beef broth, two clementines a cob of corn and lots of tea.

Last edited by libby116; 09-08-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

1) Eat better (cut out the junk)- better, not perfect, no, no, no, no
2) Drink more (water that is) -yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,
3) Gym or walk 3x this week -no no no walk, gym, gym so YES
4) remain positive - yes, no, YES, yes, yes, so so

Mern, great report! Keep up the good work. I have to work on my cholesterol but my sugar at 94 was the best it's ever been.

I must start over and get the eating in line. I have gained 5 or 6 pounds recently and 9 pounds since I saw Mike in NOLA. This must stop!!! BTW where is Mike? Yooooohooooo
Myabe the gym/walking thing will help with weight loss (yes Mern my insurance company requires 12 visits a month, those rats.) I have to be careful because already I have been aching severely with fibro.
But Mern I see you posting your menu so I am inspired (I've gotta do soemthing)

My plan today:
one egg, one egg white with mushrooms and onions, an apple - that was my breakfast
lunch: a protein shake
snack: almonds
dinner: fish and a salad
snack: one cup of cantaloupe

OK let's do this!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Trying to catching up with my Fitday reading:

Mern: Glad to hear your blood test results were 'amazing!' It makes me think there is hope for me yet. My total cholesterol now is about at what as your highest. My Triglycerides and 'Good' cholesterol is very good (> 60) but my 'Bad' cholesterol is very bad! Here's the likely culprit:

(Goal for week) Under 35 grams sugar / day: 76, 66, 85, 51, 44, 106

Libby: I follow very low cal days (800-1100) by higher cals (1100-1400), and that helps keep my energy up, and the weight down. But I think that the right amount of exercise is the key.

I need to exercise but don't want to overdo it. I use a trainer to keep me at it (the 'throw money at the problem' approach) but I have a great trainer who knows me, and won't push me beyond what is in my best interest. Not everyone can be so lucky. Plus I'm OCD, so I research everything. Sometimes it's me training the trainer, but if I didn't have that appointment, I wouldn't do the workout. Personally, I would stick to the hand weights, and forget the kettle bells.

Robin: Medicare! Don't get me started... Oops! Too Late!

I'm sure we could debate the pros and cons of single payer insurance, but no matter what the system, someone in the food chain is going to be working a scam. Recently my Mom was a victim of a hospital's scam - She was in a hospital bed, hooked up to an IV for 4 days, but she was never "admitted' so she didn't qualify for medicare benefits after release. Make that after significant efforts to have her released. She wasn't "admitted," she was "under observation," For four days. As best I could surmise, this was because the hospitals now get payments based on 'readmission' rates. So if my Mom was never 'admitted,' for her infection, she can't be 'readmitted.' The hospital gets paid for keeping her 'under observation,' but she is not eligible for any rehab, or many other benefits because she was not "admitted." Gotta watch out for that one, as I hear other hospitals are engaging the same fraud.

~~~~ GRRRR! ~~~~

- Donna
Old 09-08-2013, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz
Personally, I would stick to the hand weights, and forget the kettle bells.

Robin: Medicare! Don't get me started... Oops! Too Late!

I'm sure we could debate the pros and cons of single payer insurance, but no matter what the system, someone in the food chain is going to be working a scam. Recently my Mom was a victim of a hospital's scam - She was in a hospital bed, hooked up to an IV for 4 days, but she was never "admitted' so she didn't qualify for medicare benefits after release. Make that after significant efforts to have her released. She wasn't "admitted," she was "under observation," For four days. As best I could surmise, this was because the hospitals now get payments based on 'readmission' rates. So if my Mom was never 'admitted,' for her infection, she can't be 'readmitted.' The hospital gets paid for keeping her 'under observation,' but she is not eligible for any rehab, or many other benefits because she was not "admitted." Gotta watch out for that one, as I hear other hospitals are engaging the same fraud.

~~~~ GRRRR! ~~~~

- Donna
Agree on the kettle bells, unless you are a fanatic about training, seems really unnecessary and what I see at the gym sometimes looks dangerous (done incorrectly)

and YIKES Donna, money and medical care.........tied together..these are the potential consequences. Your Mom got the crappy end of that for sure.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz
IRobin: Medicare! Don't get me started... Oops! Too Late!

~~~~ GRRRR! ~~~~

- Donna
This is disgusting and unconscionable.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by adyndravo1
Good afternoon. I was up early and did get some stuff done today. I also cleaned out the fish tank in my bedroom. I have a uge alge eater and a gold fish. They are both so big that the tank can't hold another . And little fish would have no chance at all with rover. they would just be a snak for the gold fish the alge eater has spots so the fish are named spot and rover. I have 2 outside in the big pond that are 14 years old. they were 25 cent feeder goldfish I got in 1999 when I built the pond.
Mern I don't have any peach trees yet, but there is a road side stand that gets in all kinds of stuff. They have cantalope that smells so good. ANd it melts in your mouth.
Libby sorry to hear you are not well. Neither you nor melMc are feeling a bit under the weather.
When the Barrametric pressure drops it can give me a head ache. We have for the last 8 days or so had rain in the early evening with thunder and lightning. Not so good for the head.
I have goten in a fair bit f exedrcise today and have been good calorie wise. So here is to hopeing I have a weight lose tomorrow moring.
And yes Mern My name is Nyda. I have been told it is French but every other Nyda I have met has spelled it with an I where mine is spelled the way my grandmother spelled hers with a Y. She part or maybe full Ute Indian. We are not sure how much. So now that the geneolgy and name tracing is done hope every one has a good Sunday. Nyda

Hi Nyda, the barometric pressures affects me too. I get horrible fibromyalgia flares when the pressure changes. I used to think it was rain but nope pressure. Sometimes when the rain comes, I actually feel better.

Beautiful name BTW, love the history.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.