Notices

Motivational Thread Starting Sept 2, 2013: Mark,set, go!

Old 09-06-2013, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Mel-Mc, thanks for your congrats. Oh, you poor dear! Ragweed allergies suck big time! I hope you can eat more today that doesn't taste like cough drops. Feel better soon!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

I did it. The scale read 169.4 so I am back down to where I was before surgery. Whoo Hoo. I dug out some old exercise books and I am going to try some free weight work outs on my own. I hope that I don't hurt my self.
It's almost the week end. I made it through last week end OK so I am going to try my best not to undo all the good work I did this week. Let's make every day count.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Libby! Kudos on being back down to your pre-surgery weight! It certainly doesn't hurt to be careful trying exercises one hasn't done in a while. My physical therapist (from a few years back--I no longer need to go to therapy) said my hand weights were too heavy for me and that the exercise of hoisting the weights up over my shoulders and as far down my back as I could reach--which wasn't far--very likely was the cause of the tendonitits and bursitis in my upper arm and shoulder. Kudos on all the good work you've done lately and thanks for the pep talk about making every day count.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

The only weights I have are 3 pound. I don't know if kettle bells would be better? I'm going to check out you tube for technique. Does any one know a good web site for free weight work out videos?
Old 09-06-2013, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. I woke up today with a migrain. I took it easy and took a nap in my chair in my bedroom(which is painted brown). I hardly ate anything. WHen mysister got home, wpicked up a friend and went out for dinner. I think I did okay. I am feeling better though still don't don't have in my water. I go rained out of the fair. Tomorrow is the last day and church members are coming over to help clean up the brush and paint my sister's shed. I will be getting a lot of exerciose tomorrow. Hope it makes up for today. I just can't manage exercise on top of headache.

Mern way to go on your numbers. Looking good there.And yes they should give us double for canning.
MelMC hope you get better soon. Can you take suphedrin? I use it most days and ity helps me breath. You know better it you can or not.
Libby I use stretch bands. They work for me. Need to get in resistance training to keep the bones good.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

Goals: lose weight and get fit
Daily calories: 825, 1030, 858, 875, 986
8 glasses of water: Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
exercise: N, Y, N, Y, Y
2 fruit 3 veg: 2-4, 0-4, 2-3, 2-4, 1-4
Post daily: Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
Get back into the 160's Sept 6, 2013
Today was very busy and I have a very sore throat. Tomorrow I am going to rest up.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:31 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the well wishes. I was feeling enough better today to get one full meal in and it almost didn't taste like cough drops. Went WAY over in calories today but that was from the Mt. Dew. It's the only thing that stops me from gagging on the sinus drainage. Kind of scary to think of what else it might be dissolving. I'd love to give the stuff up but I haven't found anything as efficient. Best I can seem to do is detox from it between bouts of allergies. I'd love suggestions.

adyndravo1: I have several different allergy medications, prescription and OTC. But this hit me by surprise. I check the allergy and air quality reports every morning to gauge how much to take as I don't want to be over-medicated. All the reports I rely on were in the green zone this week. Unfortunately the reports didn't tell me that everyone in the area was going to use the gorgeous weather to mow their fields and throw every bit of pollen in the air at once.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, I found the episode that I was telling you about. It's called "The Petite Advantage Diet" by Jim Karas (trainer). It was on the Marilyn Dennis Show. If you google both you can find the episode.
Jenn
Old 09-07-2013, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

HI all. I tossed and turned all night with aches and fever. My throat is so sore that I don't want to eat any thing but liquids. I had Glucerna and hot tea this morning. For lunch I am going to heat up some beef broth and some more tea. I have some cough drops to sooth my scratchy throat. I'm just going to stay in bed today.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks to all for your nice comments on my blood test results.

Healthful eating doesn't have to leave us feeling deprived. Wow--did I have a great breakfast wrap--felt like I was cheating, but I wasn't: zero cholesterol egg substitute with Jimmy Dean turkey sausage on a tomato basil low carb tortilla. 277 calories, 3.5g (10%) saturated fat, only 9g net carbs, 17g protein, and 50mg cholesterol. Right on plan and so delicious that I'd order it at a restaurant even if I wasn't on dietary restrictions. YUM!

Jenn, hi! Big cyberhug to ya!

Libby, my handweights that I hurt myself using were 5 lbs.--I now use 2 lb. but no longer do the exercise of hoisting them over my shoulders. I saw your post but don't know about kettle bells and haven't used any free weight workout videos. Gold star for you on your reports! Aw, so sorry you are miserably sick! Maybe Mel-Mc is contageous--you know one of those "computer virus" things." Wishing you much comfort and some good sleep as you recuperate!

Mel-Mc, I am all for people doing whatever makes them feel better when they are sick even if it means going way over in calories and dissolving stomach tissues with Mt. Dew. (Just kidding--but have you ever seen the kids' experiment that shows raw hamburger being dissolved in Coke? ) But I'm not giving up my diet cola, either. If I knew how to detox between bouts of allergies I'd be doing it. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be high in weed pollen here and Monday is supposed to be very high. I'm going to drink plenty of fluids, pop some OTC allergy meds my doc told me to take as a preventive (like Claritin but way less expensive) and keep my windows closed.

Nyda (Am I right that's your given name? It's a very pretty name.) I'm so VERY sorry about your migraine. I totally understand that you can't manage exercise on top of the headache. Kudos on doing well at dinner. I'm glad you're feeling better and am also sorry the fair got rained out. How nice that church members are coming over to clean up brush and paint your sister's shed. Wishing you a wonderful day. I take it your brown bedroom walls help shield you from light. I get a lot of killer sinus headaches, but have had a true migraine headache only once in my life and couldn't believe how much a 40 watt bulb was blindingly bright. It was around 3AM and the pain was so intense that after I managed to crawl to the bathroom I couldn't stand up, or see, or call my husband for help. I wound up passing out on the bathroom floor--BUT when I woke up my headache was relieved enough that I was able to stand up and get some pain meds and go back to bed. Three of my daughter's four children get migraine headaches complete with the dizziness, severe light sensitivity, nausea and vomitting. They have medical forms at school signed by their doctor allowing them to keep ibuprofen and sports drinks at school that can be dispensed by the school nurse. The sports drinks help hydrate them plus if they have caffeine in them, that also helps the ibuprofen work faster. I never knew until they were diagnosed with true migraine headaches that dehydration is a good trigger for a migraine episode. They were also told to eat a lot of dark, leafy green veggies to help prevent the headaches but they don't do that enough. The grandkids also have medical forms telling the school it is medically necessary for them to carry water bottles with them at all times as they may need to drink during class times.

Last edited by Mern; 09-07-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.