Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Starting Sept 2, 2013: Mark,set, go! >

Motivational Thread Starting Sept 2, 2013: Mark,set, go!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting Sept 2, 2013: Mark,set, go!

Old 09-03-2013, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Hi everyone!

I am trying again as of 1 September.

My goals:

Calories per day 1600 - 1700
exercise at least 1 hour a day - cardio and fat burning (one day a week off)
30 minutes a day for stretching and weight training
Only have White wine once a week when I go dancing (will cut out about 500 calories so that I can drink about 5 glasses of white wine)
have an activity every other day - like biking to the grocery store etc
3 liters of water a day
6 - 7 veggies/fruits a day
40% Protein comsumption a day

Current weight 265
Height 5'8"
Female
I not telling my age!

First Goal: From 1 Sep - 15 Jan. 2014 (4 1/4months) 50 pounds
Second Goal: From 1 Feb - 5 July (5 months) 30 pounds

Goal weight 185. (This may like like a lot of weight for a woman but I will be back in my SIZE 12 jeans at 185 and that's all I care about. My birthday is 5 July so I am hoping to make it!!!!!)

Becky

Last edited by bella8933; 09-03-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

My son is 30 years old. He has only been competing for 3 years but has always been a participant rather than a spectator. If he could get a sponcer
and some better equipment he would be unstoppable.
I gave up artificial sweeteners and pop last month because I thought they were giving me headachs. It has helped a lot to stop the cravings for sweet food.
I do love dark chocolate but one piece every few days is enough. I have had the same bar in the freezer for 2 weeks and have only eaten two pieces.
I'm going to give another shout out to R S. and I hope this time she hears me. If I didn't have this site to come to I would be miserable and bigger than I was.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Becky. Those look like great goals.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Thanks Libby!

I am also logging everything in this tool as will as downloading my daily workouts in www.polarpersonaltrainer.com.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Tuesday all. I took a bunch of papers over to the lawyer today. I said I wanted to know what the battle plan was. I have a hard time in frount of computers for long periods. There are days I only get on the computer to log my food and post here. I don't listen to music as much as I used to because sounds bother me on a lot of days.
Donna I had my cholesterol checked the summer. The doc said the good cholesterol needed to be a bit higher, but over all the numbers were not to bad
Libby congrats on your sons win. It doesn't matter how old he is. You can still brag all you want he is after all your son.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

Crack. Smash. Boom.

The sounds of my goals being broken. I didn't deal well with changed plans. I was meeting my parents at a certain restaurant and had made plans that were within my goals. When I went to pick my mom up to go to the gym first I was told we were going to the Chinese buffet instead. I didn't go crazy but I didn't meet my daily goal either. That fifth crab Rangoon was just indulgence. My broken goals are revenging themselves as a stomach ache.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:15 AM
FitDay Member

Mel, maybe you burned enough calories at the gym?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Daily calories: 825, 1030,
8 glasses of water: Y, Y
exercise: N, Y,
2 fruit 3 veg: 2-4, 0-4
Post daily: Y, Y,
Get back into the 160's
I'm heading out for a short walk. Maybe I can burn off a few calories before bed.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

This site is hoppin busy today!~nice

Thank you for sharing Donna and Mern. We need to be INFORMED consumers of health care......I know that if I had a "high cholesterol" these are things I would want to know. I honestly don't know any of my "numbers"...even though I have had blood tests twice this year.

Welcome Becky, were you here before?

Libby congrats to your son. You sound so inspired today

Goals:

1. Lots of water: M-Y, T-ok
2. 2 hours exercise: M-30mins walk, T- 30 mins swim
3. 50 veg/week: M-10, T-6
Old 09-03-2013, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Becky! Wonderful goals--shows you're really planning on working hard. I always say the numbers on the scale aren't important--what's important is how we look and feel in our clothes. I'm only 5 feet tall and at 203 I was wearing a size 18 and I didn't look poured into them. I can see that a five foot 8 lady would look great in a size 12. By the way, my birthday is July 6--and I'm telling my age--I'm 67.

Libby, wonderful that your son has been competing for three years. I can understand that giving up artificial sweetener has helped you stop cravings for sweets. How about the headaches--any fewer? Kudos on the chocolate control. I'm lucky I can get sugar free dark chocolate that I really love. It's great to hear you find a lot of support here. Your reports reflect a very nice job so far this week.

Nyda, best wishes on your legal issues. I don't listen to music much, either, although I do enjoy classical music and gentle symphonies. Loud music, jazz, and rap make me very nervous. Congrats on your cholesterol numbers.

Mel-Mc, Chinese restaurants are one of my worst enemies. I have no control over the mounds of lo-mein noodles and sesame chicken that leap onto my plate--and the sodium level isn't good, either. Sorry 'bout your stomach ache. Big gentle cyberhug to ya!

Robin, I never remember my blood pressure numbers, but they're always in the optimal range. I never concern myself with numbers for any other tests that always run normal, either. I do have access to all my blood test results and vitals 24/7 on my online medical chart through my doctor's office. I really like that. Hey, girl--nice reports so far this week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.