Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Starting Sept 2, 2013: Mark,set, go! >

Motivational Thread Starting Sept 2, 2013: Mark,set, go!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting Sept 2, 2013: Mark,set, go!

Old 09-05-2013, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bella8933
Í think white wine makes me gain weight folks!
White wine does it too?
Old 09-05-2013, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Just a qick post for now. I got my peaches done. 3 trays in the dehydrator and7 pints and 7 bags in freezer. Am going to have to get a new water bath canner. Mine has a leak in it just big enough that the water sizzels on the stove. Good thing still had my sisters pressure canner.
I wander if they have canning in the activities list. Nyda
Old 09-05-2013, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

Goals: lose weight and get fit
Daily calories: 825, 1030, 858, 875,
8 glasses of water: Y, Y, Y, Y,
exercise: N, Y, N, Y,
2 fruit 3 veg: 2-4, 0-4, 2-3, 2-4,
Post daily: Y, Y, Y, Y,
Get back into the 160's
I'm heading out for a short walk. Maybe I can burn off a few calories before bed. I hope to see 169.9 or better on the scale tomorrow morning.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

Nyda nice, I love peaches

Libby you can do it.

As per previous discussions re: advice, my view is that this IS a forum to share what you learn and have learned. But not to advise others as to how they should eat, just because we don't know all the details and everyone is different. And there are potential medical issues for some people. That's what I meant by previous comments.

Libby I know about a guy who gives weight loss diets. I'm usually suspicious but I actually know people that he has worked with. And the results are amazing. He can do his consult by skype. He's all registered and certified whatever that means. PM me if you want info. (I don't get a commission haha he doesn't even know me). I'm pretty sure he charges 150 for the whole plan (he's on my facebook).

Today was a good reminder for me of how things used to be. I worked too much, too long and didn't plan my meals at all. I was tired, starving and went to a take out instead of driving one hour home to cook supper. All the while thinking YIKES this is how it used to be. So I only ate 1 fruit today and even though my cals were ok they were not very nutritious. Good to get a reminder I think, of my downfall, as I try to negotiate maintenance.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

I never understood how 3500 calories to a pound would be correct for a
5' woman or a 6'7" man. Thanks Jenn.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:47 PM
FitDay Member

Wow! Was I amazed and happy with my blood test results--amazed because I thought I was off the wagon so much since my last checkup that I was going to reverse a lot of good I had accomplished. But I did WAY better than I thought--maybe I got back on the wagon faster than in the past.

--Blood glucose 99 with under 100 normal (down without meds from highest of pre-diabetic 114)
--A1C average blood sugar 6.1% with 4-6% being normal- (I expected way higher in view of several emotional eating binges)
--Total cholesterol 204 with under 200 being normal (down without meds from highest of 244)
...... ..HDL "good cholesterol" 41 with 40-60 being normal (only second time since 2011 I've been in the normal range)
.........LDL "bad cholesterol" 120 with under 99 being normal. (down from highest of 127.)
--Triglycerides my best ever 213 with 150 being normal (down without meds from my highest of 286)

Last edited by Mern; 09-05-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

Mern: I say Wow too. That was a great check up. You are doing very well.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:33 PM
FitDay Member

Hope, how are you feeling?

Becky, glad you're having a good day. Do you not gain weight with red wine? I know there is a difference in one having more carbs than the other but can't remember which is lower. Kudos on your workout and trying to avoid triggers. Great that you have found how to balance carbs without feeling deprived and starting to crave. And kudos on no junk at all! I have no doubt that you will succeed at making fruits, veggies and lean meats your lifestyle. May not be easy, but you can do it.

Libby, with no dairy do you take a calcium supplement or do you get the calcium from your veggies? ANOTHER great report you posted. If we had a prize for the best week, I think you'd get it this week.

Nyda, I am so happy for you having all those peaches. Do you have peach trees on your property? Dehydrated peaches must be super yummy! Strangest thing--my water bath canner that I used for canning tomatoes just up and disappeared. I don't remember lending it to anyone and no one in my house knows where it went. But I can use my pressure canner for them, too, and it works out fine, even though tomatoes are a fruit. Canning surely is a lot of work--they should give us double points in the activities list for calories burned while canning. LOL

Robin, "... even though my cals were ok they were not very nutritious." I am so impressed with how you analyze your choices and note where you could have done better. I am in awe of how faithful you are to your healthful eating lifestyle. My money is on your mastering maintenance way faster than you expect.

Last edited by Mern; 09-05-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:36 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, thanks for your encouragement! It was wonderful to be able to come here and post a success for my buddies to read since I have felt lately that I was doing such a poor job in my committment to a healthy lifestyle. Maybe my next blood tests will be even better.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Conga-rats on the great numbers Mern.

I have nothing to post from yesterday as I was sick all day. I hate ragweed season. Calories were 500ish since all I ate all day was cough drops and soda and half a bowl of chicken soup that tasted just like cough drops. It was fun to post the 5 lb loss today even if I know it is mostly dehydration and it will be back up tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.