Notices

Motivational Thread Starting Sept 2, 2013: Mark,set, go!

Old 09-03-2013, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

Donna and her provider chart, and you with on-line records. We could debate the pros and cons of medicare lol. I don't think my doctor has a computer lol
Old 09-03-2013, 11:57 PM
FitDay Member

A new day and I'm reasserting my goals: to stay under 1600 calories and to weigh, measure, and record everything so I know if I keep goal 1. And for today I'm adding a goal of 2 liters of water to wash all that Chinese food sodium out.

To the discussion of our health numbers; I have the lucky genetics to have perfect numbers. Last month as part of a project at work I let them weigh and measure me then check my blood pressure, cholesterol, and sugar. The nurse, who actually had her pamphlets on the subjects already out when she saw me POUTED when my numbers all came back not merely good, but optimal. She didn't know how to address my weight issue without trying to scare me on the other numbers. But I've yet to meet any sort of health professional who could. Eventually she shoved the paperwork back across the table at me and told me I could try to get my good cholesterol a few points higher.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

This is my first week here and my first week of trying a new strategy. My goals for this week are:

Keep carbs under 100 at least for today thru Friday. It's a modest goal, but I've tried drastic things for many years which I couldn't hold to and which gave me a messed-up stomach. Oh, another goal is to do my exercises each day, including the weekend.

One more: Continue to log my food each day.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
This site is hoppin busy today!~nice

Thank you for sharing Donna and Mern. We need to be INFORMED consumers of health care......I know that if I had a "high cholesterol" these are things I would want to know. I honestly don't know any of my "numbers"...even though I have had blood tests twice this year.

Welcome Becky, were you here before?

Libby congrats to your son. You sound so inspired today

Goals:

1. Lots of water: M-Y, T-ok
2. 2 hours exercise: M-30mins walk, T- 30 mins swim
3. 50 veg/week: M-10, T-6
Hi!

No I have not been on this site before .. that I can remember. I know I registered for this site about 5 years ago - but I never actually participated.

Thanks for the welcome.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Welcome, Becky! Wonderful goals--shows you're really planning on working hard. I always say the numbers on the scale aren't important--what's important is how we look and feel in our clothes. I'm only 5 feet tall and at 203 I was wearing a size 18 and I didn't look poured into them. I can see that a five foot 8 lady would look great in a size 12. By the way, my birthday is July 6--and I'm telling my age--I'm 67.

Libby, wonderful that your son has been competing for three years. I can understand that giving up artificial sweetener has helped you stop cravings for sweets. How about the headaches--any fewer? Kudos on the chocolate control. I'm lucky I can get sugar free dark chocolate that I really love. It's great to hear you find a lot of support here. Your reports reflect a very nice job so far this week.

Nyda, best wishes on your legal issues. I don't listen to music much, either, although I do enjoy classical music and gentle symphonies. Loud music, jazz, and rap make me very nervous. Congrats on your cholesterol numbers.

Mel-Mc, Chinese restaurants are one of my worst enemies. I have no control over the mounds of lo-mein noodles and sesame chicken that leap onto my plate--and the sodium level isn't good, either. Sorry 'bout your stomach ache. Big gentle cyberhug to ya!

Robin, I never remember my blood pressure numbers, but they're always in the optimal range. I never concern myself with numbers for any other tests that always run normal, either. I do have access to all my blood test results and vitals 24/7 on my online medical chart through my doctor's office. I really like that. Hey, girl--nice reports so far this week.

Hi Mern!

Thanks for the welcome.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby116
Daily calories: 825, 1030,
8 glasses of water: Y, Y
exercise: N, Y,
2 fruit 3 veg: 2-4, 0-4
Post daily: Y, Y,
Get back into the 160's

I'm heading out for a short walk. Maybe I can burn off a few calories before bed.
Wow libby .. I understand that you want to lose weight and ... I thought that was a typo ... but your calorie count is way too low.
Everything I've ever read about weight loss says no matter how big you are ...going below 1200 a day is a no no for several reasons. This will backfire on you ... eventually.

Be careful.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

I have been eating like this for a long time. If my calories go over 1100 a day I gain weight so to lose weight I have to eat low calories or exercise like an athlete. I must be an anomaly. I am only losing an average of 3 pounds a month. If what I am doing is wrong than how can I make it right and still lose weight? I don't know what else to do.

Last edited by libby116; 09-04-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Is any one using the dietitian part of the site and is it any help to you?
Old 09-04-2013, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

1) Eat better (cut out the junk)- better, not perfect, no, no
2) Drink more (water that is) -yes, yes, yes
3) Gym or walk 3x this week -no (went to gym yesterday, need to go back slowly)no
4) remain positive - yes, no, YES
Old 09-04-2013, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby116
I have been eating like this for a long time. If my calories go over 1100 a day I gain weight so to lose weight I have to eat low calories or exercise like an athlete. I must be an anomaly. I am only losing an average of 3 pounds a month. If what I am doing is wrong than how can I make it right and still lose weight? I don't know what else to do.
Have you tried carb counting instead of calories?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.