Notices

Roller Coaster Ride

Old 08-26-2013, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Roller Coaster Ride

Let's just suffice it to say after 5 yrs and just as many surgeries, it's been a long hard road. What's worse was taking (amitryptiline for chronic pain ) meds that made me gain 60lbs in 2 years.
So, here I sit after joining the gym and exercising everyday (2hrs in pool daily), since May 3 and NOT A SINGLE pound lost. I can fit better into the size 16 pants but I want to be where I was at size 10. Doc says 'be patient', I'm losing fat, that means I'm getting healthier'.
So, just had all my teeth removed a week ago. Little food, mostly juices (homemade), and I lost three pounds, then I get on the scale two days later and gained 2 of them back. HOW? Healthier=better, right?
I've been doing HIT training for the past couple months but really kicked it up to high gear this week. Doing 1hr on stationary bike and aerobics for 30-45mins a day.
Plus I've really been concentrating on cleansing my liver.
So, can someone explain what's going on? Why can't I LOSE weight? I'm off the meds which caused the gaining since April. All I take is basic pain meds for all my ailments.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

What are your marcos on average? I suggest you log all of your food and everything you drink, even log things llke sugar free gum.

You can exercise for hours but it really come down to what you are eating as far as pounds lost.

How tall are you and what is your current weight?

Working out will make you look better because you will be replacing fat with muscle which takes up less room than fat.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Keeping Track

I am new here and wasn't really keeping track of everything like the system does here. But this week has my routine logged.
I am female/213lbs. Five foot one inch.
I have worked out for months! I do see a slight change in the fat content on my body. I have logged every morsel of food I eat here. Considering I have no teeth, it's been a challenge to say the least and I find that homemade fruit juices have lots of calories!
Yesterday I actually ate 1 cup of beans and some cornbread w/butter for lunch and supper was 1 c of spaghetti with meat sauce. 1 cup of pudding. That was all I ate all day and when it was logged it seemed like that was TOO MUCH! It said like 1900 calories!!
But, I did over an hour and half on the stationary bike, and 20mins of aerobics and 10mins of step aerobics. I do HIT so this is where I'm noticing a difference. I pick it up to HIGH SPEED for small increments, then back to fast pace, then slow.
Prey tell do I have to stop EATING! This is nuts. I am so discouraged.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

I run 4-5 days a week, I lift heavy weights 2-3 times a week and have 7 dogs I run and/or play with everyday, currently have 10 kittens/cats I am taking care of, blade, bike, swim in the ocean, etc. I pretty much just lead an active lifestyle but when I put in all my info, plus all of my exercise, FitDay says I should be eating about 1900 calories to maintain my current weight. Unfortunately I would gain weight if I ate that much.

I eat 1100-1400 on average to just maintain my current weight. I am a vegetarian and also do low carbs. It looks like your carb count is kind of high. Are you eating veggies? Getting enough water daily? Some people do well with higher carbs but I gain weight when I increase mine, even when I stay withen the same calorie limit.

Everyone is different but I really believe that calories/macros is how you lose the fat and that, along with a balance of cardio/weight lifting is how you get into, and stay, in shape.

I am also wondering why you were prescribed an antidepressant for pain. Amitriptyline causes an increased appetite. You may just need to cut down on your proportions since you are no longer on that med.

And you know I gotta ask because you mentioned it... Why don't you have any teeth?!